Forum Discription: Discussion on everything nitro touring
URL: http://www.racing-cars.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5438
Printed Date: 20 November 2018 at 11:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Blades wolfpack project
Posted By: blade954
Subject: Blades wolfpack project
Date Posted: 20 July 2006 at 11:12am
Well as the heading sugests i'll keep you all informed on the project with pic's and descriptions.Here is the kit from wolfgang..All anodised purple and ready to go.

First chassis difference here are a few shots to show you the difference on the two the polished one is the original Schumacher and the purple one is a Wolfgang special.As you can see the WG is slightly wider to compensate the different radio box set up, Plus the chassis is thicker to help eliminate chassis flex...

Here are the pics....
Chassis side by side

And here they are one on top of each other.....

Sitting the Schumacher chassis on the WG chassis all the holes lined up and every thig was square...

I might try the modded TTr .21 Pro in it but will most proberly wait for the MasNorFida Massive Mods CMB .21 RS PRO, These motors put out so much power that the conrod and piston have to be cnc from scratch to cope
Plus i told the engine modded that i want it to rev till the cows come home, Even Mark is keen for the magical 100mph barrier....

You can see him here
www.massivemods.com

Replies:
Date Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:37pm
Ok I started these a while back but thought id post it in here..

This is how i rebuilt my diffs and replaced the diff pulley & also ceramic ball to match it.

Ok here is the first pic out the car...

Then i dissassembled the entire diff to get this...

As you can see its quite basic all that is left is too clean the parts up and get ready for reassemble...Here is the difference in the diff pulley i went to #U2745 CNC rear diff pulley, its stronger and lighter than the original and the ball's are all in line as you will see...

And here are the ceramic ball (cheers smiley) ready for action....

Now the diff washer will have slight grooves on it and will need to be smoothend up for the ceramics to run nice and smooth, I used 800 grit then 1500 grit and then a paste to bring them back to there former glory....Here you can see one sanded up and one as it came out the car.....

Then basicly its reverse to put it back together just follow your manual if you arnt to sure and it should be smooth as a babys bum.(I use a bit of loctite on the threads to stop them comming undone)...

The alloy fences are from the R12 diff pulley kit....

-------------

Posted By: nitrohead5300
Date Posted: 20 July 2006 at 3:19pm
Blade if you can keep it from flying you should reach the century mark . I hit 80mph yesterday and I was not opening it all the way up, I had to slow down because I ran out of parking lot. That motor of yours must be a monster.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:32am

Hello,

Those fences wont keep much of the dirt out.

I am going to use my r12 diff fences on my front 1 way.

Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:17am

Blade is not going to be running on a offroad track he is going after a speed record . So for what he is attempting I am sure those fences will be fine I know he is going to pick the best surface he can run on which is going to be clean & smooth.

Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:24am
yep i'll even take the petrol blower/vac down if i have to....lol I wasent interested if they keep the dirt out or not but the extra strength you get from the alloy fences the plastic one's can pop off at high speed....

-------------

Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:26am

Say Blade what is the horsepower rating for this motor you are gonna get?? How many rpms??

Posted By: Vortex21
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 5:29am
How much do thoses chassis cost??? Its almost time to give my car a serious makeover.

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Posted By: sirus
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 9:05am

thats awsome blade, and a good tut to =), i wanna get one of those new pullys!.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 1:39pm
Ok got some more done on the chassis today new belt went in and new gear pack as well have tryed some different hole configerations so only time will tell, new shims and also a new spring kit ...

Here....

A thing i noticed is the ease of replacing the gears you can do it with out having to loosen the lay shaft housings, this is a great help when out on the track as now its just a matter of undoing the nut and sliding off the gears.....

-------------

Posted By: kbrembo
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:21pm

Cant wait to see this one fly...............

Good on ya!

Posted By: pani
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 3:39pm
looking good so far. keep up the good work

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Posted By: Qaz96
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:08pm
Looks wicked and you aint even finished yet good luck and keep up the good work!

Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 6:43pm

These wolf chassis will really sell quick if wolf decised to put them into production and forget about some anodizing problems

Makin good progress so far blade, cant wait to see the finished product

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Posted By: bigcrash
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 9:01pm
Bad as Hell just like all your work before this one! Blade you are in another leauge, your cars look and run awesome and getting both is a lot harder than most know...Shes a 10 already

-------------
The pilot is still looking to catch my Fusion!!!

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 9:17am
I got your pm Blade and all I can say is GOOD-GOSH!!!!

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 12:23pm
Ok squeezed a little more out after tea tonite, Car is really comming allong well have done a mock build on the radio pack to see how and why things go where they do. I like how the radio box works with the servos overlapping each other to gain a little more room for the flywheel and gear cluster..

First all middle covers on the belt are on & fuel tank reinstalled....

Next is the steering levers all bolted up perfectly with out any hiches..

Next was the radio box assembly as mentioned above really impressed how it works and bolt's together quiet a bit of thinking went into this design.....nice work wolf.....

And why not !!!!!!

I hope to have the hole car finished by the end of next week bar the motor to which i have to wait for could be a month away.....

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:07pm
you could always stick your modified ttr in there blade to see how the chassis copes

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:43pm
The chassis I believe will handle just about anything. I might put my modded .46 in there!!

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:56pm
Yes I belive the chassis will handle any thing you can throw at it, Done some more to the car...

The difference between the steel shafts & the standard plastic ones..

The one on the Left is the steel one and the right standard....The front end is now on....

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:59pm
Yup!! It is a quick build I wish every kit I had went togather this easy!!

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:59pm

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 3:02pm
Yep i was going to keep the other fusion as well and then build this one from scratch.....As you can see that went out the window....Pani i promised my young lad the TTR .21 in his buggie....I will be hanning out for my CMB......

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 3:05pm
I have always wanted a CMB the problem is they are kinda hard to come by over here in the states.

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 3:14pm
well if ya eva want a modded or standard CMB let me Know 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 5:01pm

Nitro, ashfordhobbies.com has the CMB engines and everything you need for them. Thats also the only place I know that carries them. They are so far away from me and now I have to order more CMB plugs

Blade, fine job so far

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Date Posted: 22 July 2006 at 5:24pm
Thats for the heads - up on the CMB motors guys , thanks.

Date Posted: 26 July 2006 at 10:50am
Ok all done but a few little bits and peices just waiting on my CMB now to bolt it in and get going...

This was a straight over swap from my old chassis, great work wolf...

-------------

Date Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:52pm
<<<<<<<<<Would relish the chance to race you round a track.

Date Posted: 26 July 2006 at 3:25pm
Looking good Blade!!

Date Posted: 26 July 2006 at 6:58pm
Very nice blade, you will love that CMB engine. If mines will make burnout marks nearly til second gear on take off, imagine what your will do to that 1/10 chassis

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Date Posted: 26 July 2006 at 8:59pm
I hope the motor does not fold the chassis in half Vortex!!

Date Posted: 26 July 2006 at 11:12pm
It shouldnt fold the chassis, that chassis is thick from what i see so I think it will be a matter of keeping it straight!

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Date Posted: 27 July 2006 at 12:58am
Have also ordered my 1/8th rims so they should be here for me when i return from work ....

-------------

Date Posted: 27 July 2006 at 2:54am
That was a joke Vortex  But Blade is putting a real stump puller of a motor in it!!  it will be real interesting to see what kind of topend speed he gets.

Date Posted: 27 July 2006 at 3:35am

lol.. the way i read it, it seemed like you were concerned a little  You would what works and what doesnt since you have over 30 yrs under your belt.

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Posted By: joedodge1
Date Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:53pm
Awesome build Blade!You and NH5300 build some outrageous cars! Now I want one of those kits! I hope Wofpack is reading these posts. Seems there is a bit of interest! As a side note, if you need anything from Ashford hobbies, Robert is outstanding for help. I highly recommend them! I've spent time on the phone with him and he's a great guy who knows his stuff. He was friends with the late Ron Paris.

Date Posted: 27 July 2006 at 2:33pm
Ron Paris was the engine and chassis guru of the US.

Date Posted: 27 July 2006 at 7:24pm

Why not go water cooled to prolong life and produce better performance.

2.9 HP / 36,000 RPM

Date Posted: 27 July 2006 at 7:32pm

Watercool is cool on boats, because you don't need alot of equipment to accomplish cooling.  But  for a car, you would need a radiator, fan and a pump, this equipment is going to increase your cars weight and possibly offset any performance gains.

Date Posted: 27 July 2006 at 8:44pm
I think we went over this already...

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Date Posted: 28 July 2006 at 12:49am

Hello nitrohead5300,

A radiator and pump wouldnt cause much damage to performance at all. No more than swaping plastic for alloy.

As its just a 100mph challenge. (If you belive its never been done before. But i belive it has. Although maybe not wih a Shumacher Fusion chassis)

Then maybe once he has achived his goal then maybe he could try a water cooled engine.

But Vortex21 is right i was just trying to wind some one up. Because thats the first engine i found when i searched for a CMB engine.

Date Posted: 28 July 2006 at 1:10am
Banana Turbo , a radiator  plus a pump and a fan like heck that is not going to affect performance, too much extra weight!! Instead of you waiting for Blade  why don't you do a water cooled engine project?? 

Posted By: Trems
Date Posted: 14 September 2006 at 7:55am
looks sweet blade, have you shortend your servo wires?

Date Posted: 15 September 2006 at 2:42am
Nar left them standard just neatly tucked away, This project should be running in around 2 weeks, the guy who mods my engins was away at the worlds in Jakata and then went holiday'ing around Hong Kong...lol just waiting for the custom conrod to get back........

-------------

Date Posted: 15 September 2006 at 8:20am

looking forward to seeing this in action mate...

The reason i asked about teh servos is that i was going to cut and re-crimp the wires but instead i found the easiest way is to drop teh bottom cover off the servo itself and simply un-solder the wires, then trim and re-solder so they are the perfect length. Just thought you might want to do it on yours?

Also what body are you going to be running?...im thinking you'll need something wedge-shaped or with a decent rear spoiler to stop you taking off and/or spinning the wheels when all that power comes in! 

Date Posted: 15 September 2006 at 10:55am
hey Trems , I mentioned that ages ago , I agree it works GREAT,and do it myself , but some IDIOT had to get on here and say you must wreck plenty of servo's ,I guess some people just have no IDEA

Date Posted: 15 September 2006 at 9:47pm

Hello,

Yeah thanks for that Trems. I think i will give that a go.

Good job i have a few broken servos lieing around to practice on first hey.

Thanks again.

Date Posted: 15 September 2006 at 11:09pm

here is a pic of mine ^^^

Just make sure you use a fine tip on your iron, and take care not to overheat the PCB of you could damage it ;)

Good luck!

Date Posted: 16 September 2006 at 3:55am

yep I'm guessing soldering is a bit to hard for the mentally challenged, I would of liked to see the pile of melted servos that tossa said it wrecks them !   

give it a go banana ! just rember to make sure to iron is nice and hot so you dont have to hold it on for ages waiting for the solder to melt thats where people go wrong, dont muck around just get in and do it quick there for no heat will damage anything  ! 

Date Posted: 16 September 2006 at 7:09am

Hello,

Yes, that was what i was just thinking about. My soldering iron is the cheapest of the bunch. I was wondering if it will get hot enough to melt the good Solder if its been used on the servo.

I know most people on the electric forum swear by only the highest quality high temprature solder with loads of silver in it.

It's no big deal if worst comes to the worst i can buy a new Iron that does get hot enough.

Thanks again.

Date Posted: 27 November 2006 at 9:34am

Ok getting back on track i havent posted for a while have been busy with other projects but getting back on track...

here are a few pics on my MasNorFida modified CMB RS Pro custom rod and ti coated internals...

All tollerances were done by hand by mark to ensure perfect fit..

Mark did the porting in a Wolf like pattern as if a wolf had swiped it looks great.....

And during the run in.....

What we have done is the following

The basic engine is the CMB RS Pro off road engine, we Titanium coated the crank, Ported the sleeve in a "Wolf" like patten , Meaning the ports look like a wolf or tiger swiped them ... I thought it would be cool to add to the engine seeing a lot of thechassis mods came from Mr Wolf himself
We changed the front bearing to a high speed C5 ABEC 3 Phenolic
Gutted the Case and re worked the insides , It looks like a mirror inside now with all the re flow porting and corner flows. We had to meter the inner workings of the motor to see what had to be done, this is a tedious task with smoke and fluid flow tests but we managed to detect some places where we will have gotten about another 10% gain over the standard Flowtech mods. This obviously translates to better mods all round.
We replaced the standard rod with a MasNorFida custom lightened rod. I Custom cut the top and bottom bushings to suit the pins.
Swapped out the CMB Red head which is really high for the Rally green head which is about 18mm shorter. Better CG and better clearence , we may still chop the top fin off yet.. We chopped it took another 5 mm off the top !
We installed my favirite Mario Rossi carb which has been tested and sealed. I changed the plastic 8mm insert to a 9.3 mm alloy custom cut
The engine is Officially a Stage 5 Flowtech MasNorFida , We can take the engine up to Stage 9 if need be, but i designed the motor for top end speed with less strain on the drive train at low rpm, my only worry is when the car hits second depending on the gearing that is when you will see the acceleration curve kick in. If the engine was for all out acceleration we would have done it differently..

It is now ready for run in which ill be doing on a prop bench with some special run in formula i make up to bed in all the surfaces and indeed to see if the engine works. Sometimes too much work can result in teething problems but im confident the engine will run well. Ill report on its run in after thursday. : )

Here is a short video as well running the CMB in on the bench...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTH-VHFgoX8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTH-VHFgoX8

Blade

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2006 at 2:42pm

Blade thats stunning! Some beautiful work!

Are you confident that it will go 100mph?

Date Posted: 27 November 2006 at 4:47pm
is that you in the vid blade? im guessin it is cos of the aussie accent

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:09am

If we dont hit 100mph we dont but I will be giving it my best shot....

The Person in the Video is Mark De'Bernard from Massive Mods....

Like wolf said most prop get 99 MPH.....lol

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:37am

Yeah sods law.

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 10:03am

well i'd like to guess it will hit over 100mph for two reasons. firstly the engine and pipe choice cant really be any better for the job and secondly, it will depend on your gearing. you can theoretically work out the ratios of the gears, the circumference of the wheels, the distance moved in one revolution and then work out the distance required with that gear ratio to get the car to 100mph.

i reckon you could do it providing you find a large enough space to get the car to top out. you could experiment with different ratios to get a good compromise.

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 12:32pm

Ok been playing with the clutch system today finally a alloy 3 shoe clutch, mated to the Wolf pinion......

And here is the Pinion on the motor as well.....All ready to go......

All the gears are screw on and screw off so changing gearing will be easy now.....

Here a a few pics of wolfs assembly and the original schumacher one.

And a few in the car......

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 1:04pm
That new clutch system should not slip at all!! The clutchbell is wider and covers up the clutchshoes completly which means more power transfered to the ground !! Good job.

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 1:59pm
Yup !! not gonna have any slip with that clutch!! How many teeth does 3rd gear have on it??

Posted By: Pixy_Black
Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 4:22pm
do you actually plan to have produce any of these modifications in the form of a complete kit for the fusion (and if so, at what price?) or is it just done to break the 100mph record?

-------------
Racing, winning, is in my blood

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 5:22pm
Who made your gears Blade??

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 7:15pm
Hey blade, thats the same pinion bell i have, forgot to bring it with me when I took pics of the car. I have some mugen shoes coming in for my clutch.

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Date Posted: 28 November 2006 at 11:09pm

Originally posted by nitrohead5300 nitrohead5300 wrote:

Who made your gears Blade??

Nitro its from the wolf man he has made a new set up to try........7075 alloy the pinion is/has the same teeth as the high end pinion from shuie.... just trying it out...

I used Hong Nor Alloy shoes from my X1CR pro kit and used heavy duty springs from the savage.....

I want to try a set of Nova shoes with the adjustable weights in them as well am going to put the radio gear into the Fusion today and get her on the tarmac.....

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2006 at 12:34am
Kool!!

Posted By: sirus
Date Posted: 29 November 2006 at 7:21am
jesus man thats a crazy car, nice bit of kit.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2006 at 10:23am
with that flywheel, theres no reason you cant put a centax clutch setup in there. but i suppose now since the clutchbell housning has already been created for a convential clutch setup thats sort of out the question

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 29 November 2006 at 12:38pm

If a person really wanted too they could still adapt a Centax Clutch set up to the car. But this clutchbell update for the conversion kit should eliminate clutch slip when you use a modified motor. I believe Blade is going to hit his goal.

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 7:37am

blade954,

Are you running a totally stock drive train and moldings?

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 11:26am

Banana turbo my drive line consists of the following...

CNC Derlin gear cog with ceramic balls & Alloy fences..

Ceramic grade 5 ti-nitrate balls..

New 10mm belt

Ceramic bearings in the hole car...(this was one of the most expencine parts from walla walla on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220053030499&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012 - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&am p;item=220053030499&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220053034701&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012 - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&am p;item=220053034701&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

I upgraded to the steel shafts as well and basicly apart from the upper alloy mounts and upper arms the rest if wolf pack radicals....

I finished the car off today with radio gear and the fiddly bits, here is a pic but will get some more up at a later date....

I hpoe to get a liter through her tomorow to just top off the run in procedure, Then the leaning out screw driver comes out.....

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 12:29pm
Purple-Haze!! Looks good Blade!!

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 2:08pm

How many teeth do those CNC derlin gear cogs and your moldings have?

Do they have the same number as the standard fusion or slightly less?

And what shell you using.

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 5:02pm
sex on wheels!!

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 5:49pm
Blade, are you going to run the 1/10th tires on the car? will be very hard to control i think.

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 7:08pm
The power band of his motor might allow him to get away with it. From what Blade has told me the motor is designed to really come on in the upper rpm range , after it shifts into 2nd. So it is more of a top-end motor .

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 7:46pm
hmm, plus less rotating mass means more top speed

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 11:38pm

Originally posted by Vortex21 Vortex21 wrote:

Blade, are you going to run the 1/10th tires on the car? will be very hard to control i think.

Will run the 1/8th serpent foams in 35mm vortex

Gearing is the same it a trial period ATM but we might see some higher sped gears on her soon....lol

Im a bit in the air ATM as well with bodys....

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 12:21pm
Hey Blade I was just looking at your clutch assembly when I noticed how far up your clutch springs are I hope they are not rubbing the inside of the clutchbell does your bell rotate freely?

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 12:35pm

All free as a bird nitro....

Had to place some small shims under the alloy shoe to get it off the fly wheel but used the same thickness shim on the bell to even it all out...

Sorted my exhaust gasket out today as well so tomoroy is first test drive day.... hope to get a litre through it....

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 12:41pm
Thats good!! Just don't want that high speed missile's clutch to lock up and cause it to flip or anything because I know you have put alot of work into this project. Have you decided on a body yet??

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 12:45pm

Went to a few hobby shops today looking none had any 235mm bodys

Up in the air now ??

I want to run my 1/8th wheels as well

whats you suggestions m8 ??

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 1:02pm
You are running Serpent front tires all the way around right?? Check with Serpent there should be a European branch there. If you order from here it's gonna take a while for your order to be processed and shipped to you. Ashford Hobbies has a few 235mm bodies. Check with Hpi and see if they have the Super nitro size Toyota Gt body in stock . Good luck

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 1:07pm
OOPPSSS!!!! You are not in Merry Old England!! You are in Oz my bad man!! I forgot where you lived!! That complicants things!! I guess you will have to run it with out a body just put a wing on her and find a good area to run her on sorry mate.

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 1:19pm

i will hunt down a 235mm body !!!

With a 235mm body can you run the wider rear 1/8th wheels under the guard....

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 2:06pm

It is going to stick out some.You would have to use a truer and reduce the width of the 1/8 tire some so it would not stick out from the body.

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 3:20pm
Here is an example of how much the tires will stick out from a 235mm body with 1/8 scale tires on .

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 3:30pm
Here

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 11:17pm

Cheers nitro

Hey i found some supre nitro shells but they are the 300mm ones

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 11:36pm
Did you find them at a local hobby shop? If you did ask the owner if you can do a trail fitting to see how it fits on yor chassis.

Date Posted: 02 December 2006 at 12:42am
They are in Canberra through an online store....

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2006 at 2:21am
I think the 300mm are going to be a hair too long and possibley too wide if my memory serves me right.

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 2:53am

Ok I have found a 235mm body but only down fall is its a Lola but will give it a try after last nite test run this is the most insane motor i have ever seen go or drive it makes a ws7 RB look like snail the CMB is by far a power house.

Im still running this motor rich'ish and it is 4 wheel drifting with the 1/10th wheels the acceleration is something you wont belive i am scared to nail it up the top end....

Wolf has done an exellent job on the gearing and clutch bell, I have the Hong Nor alloy shoes on and matched with the Mugen gold springs the extra weight on the springs allows the idle to be higher than normal alowing better acceleration when needed, Also with the set up appliying the power nice and smooth acts like a stall converter in a auto car revs up and moves off nice and easy, But in saying that nail it off the line and you can actually hear a "ching" as the alloy shoes engage and sends a shock wave down the drive line...

Thge new chassis is nice and balanced the car corners much better than standard with the even weight distrubution, But in saying that you will need the 1/8th wheels for sure as the 1/10th (with my motor) spin up to easy.

the diffs are as smooth as the day i put them togetherso i would recomend the ceramics for sure, the other thing i found is the bearings i put in ceramic ball with metal sheild's really make the car much more free the rolling on it is something else.

Im running just over 1 deg on the front toe in and 1 on the rear, with 6mm ride height on the front and 5mm on the rear it seams to help under heavy braking.. Which is the next thing definatly upgrade the brake to the R12 carbon shoe as the fusion one will discinerate with the speed..

I got a good solid Hour in yesterday and hope to get the same tonite but im gunna start leaning the beast out.....

-------------

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 6:36am
I am surprised that you did'nt throw those 1/10 scale tires off the rims !!  I hope the Lola body works out for you anyway. I Knew that was gonna be a wicked motor I hope this motor does not snap your drivetrain good luck with your further testing.

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 12:33pm
i'll second that. good luck

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 5:57pm

Same here, good luck

-------------
-Wolf Fusion28
-Kyosho ST-RR

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 7:19pm

Smoke some foam thats what i say.

get a video as well so you can show it the the Hpi RS guys and Traxx 4-Tec guys that say theirs go over 90mph.

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 7:30pm
No -way a Traxxas can do that!! Those traxxas 4-tec guys think their cars can go at light speed!!  I had a 4-tec pro once it was the worst handling car I ever had would not turn worth a darn. I disliked it so much I gave it away. 

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 8:35pm

traxxas are crap for tourers anyway. hpi are pretty decent for tourers but ive never seen a hpi rs go anywhere near that speed (apart from the 100mph+ super nitro rs4).

the wolfpack conversion has all bases covered for the fastest 1/10th tourer. from what ive seen, there really is no beating it. its a good all round compromise for the speed its looking to run at

-------------
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 8:52pm

Wheres this RS4 super nitro that did 100mph?

I remember the video that said 100mph RS4 but didnt it only say 94 or 96 or somthing on the radar gun?

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 10:53pm
That 100mph super nitro wolf had his finger in that pie !!!!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk