www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Motors Batteries and Chargers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speed Passion V3 13.5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speed Passion V3 13.5
    Posted: 08 December 2009 at 8:55am

Does anyone know what the optimum motor temp is for this motor after a five minute run.

Optimum gearing is 4.8-6.0 iirc.

On sunday through lack of pinions i could only run it at either 6.12 (85/25) with the motor only just warm or at 5.01 (89/32) with the motor almost taking the skin off my fingers, which obviously didn't suit the track i was on! So i went back to 6.12. 

Edited by Kecky
CuttingEdge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuttingEdge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 8:45am
I run my SP 13.5 V3.0 at 4.9 in my Mi4  on an SPX esc round a track which has about a 12 sec lap , its balistic and comes off no hotter than 60 degrees

HTH although every one is slightly different comes down to driving style as well as track layouts , esc settings , lipo power etc
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 11:14pm

I've been playing around with the gearing on my SP V3 13.5, and found a FDR of 9.0 works the best on a Tekin RS with Version 212 firmware. 

The car is like a rocket and after 5 mins the motor is just above ambient temp.

I used to use the same motor with a Nosram Evo ESC geared with FDR at 4.5 and the motor came off about 80 deg c and the car was much slower than it is now

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic