www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PICTURES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menace GTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PICTURES
    Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:05am
Ok does this site or any part of this place have a pictures area and if not WHY?  This will be the first site I've seen without a dedicated pictured thread! 
cyberglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 7:34am
Unfortunately your here  2 years to late. We all used to post pictures and videos any time we could but then schumacher phased out the xtr and menace gtr.  These were known on all the forums as the overkill cars and they were great.
Now there gone replaced with the havok manic and something else i cant remember HAHA none of them have any WOW factor. Now the older members have given up with the schumacher brand and moved on.
There used to be videos of people doing high speed runs with the xtrs and fusions chasing real cars and stuff and for a while there was a modified XTR racing club (dunno what happened to that)

Even some of the fusion guys who were doing crazy things with there cars finally gave up when schumacher released the new and improved fusion. As in they threw a new engine on a dated design without ironing out any of the old bugs.
Some of the high speed runs at the top speed competition they did with the modified fusions were pretty impressive.

Sooo now the pictures are gone the videos have been deleted and the forum is the ghost town it is today.

The only  posts i see anymore are newbies suffering faults with the newer model cars and after 4-5 posts they sell the car on ebay and disappear never to return

Shame really
ericdarabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdarabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 9:00am
menace GTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menace GTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 11:22am
Well I found it now anyways.. I was looking to see what this was I had and it is a BIG 6... 
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:08pm

There was something wrong with the front suspension on the above photo, can't remember what it was now though...

These are pretty old, 2005!  But still have the same ones, my Menace was brand new then!  The XTr still works, the Menace currently has a broken steering servo :( 

Although the XTr is on its second engine now.

Graham

Edited by GBDUO
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 5:54pm

Thanks for reminding me Graham; new sleeve and piston no.2 for the Menace needs to be ordered.  I can't get out of 2nd gear, she's a pain in the arse to start, and she turns over WAY too easily when priming and starting.  A sparrow-fart is more powerful than my TT at the moment...

Mate, WTF is going on with your front suspension?!  I'm not talking about the p!ssed-up leaning-to-one-side; why does it look like your left front hub is alloy and the right front plastic?

Edited by Paul M
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 8:37pm
Because it is!  The right front hub was alloy and then all the screws came out and I wasn't going to buy a new one just for the screws.  So I put the plastic one back on, still like it to this day!  

Edited by GBDUO
Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 11:04pm
Quality!  My eyes aren't playing up then!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdarabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 5:27am
A blast from the past.

Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 6:23pm
Are those recent or old photos?  Where did you get the rear alloy wishbones from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdarabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 9:14pm
Nah that's about 4 years ago. Kangawallafox (smiley) made those wishbones. It was setup for fast track runs at the velodrome.

Actually kind of wish I had another one (I sold that one).... does anyone want to part with one??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdarabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 9:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 9:43pm
HAHA  was waiting for those ericdarabbit  

If you still have the savage PM me i got rid of mine and have a few spares left over you can have.
Hey post up the schumacher banana alloy wishbones 

Gonna dig out the camera now and dust off the xtr from under the bed (cats been sleeping in the upside down shell )

a few month back i painted the alloy towers in orange and rebuilt the servo mounts out of purple alloy to get rid of the flex then put her away.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdarabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 10:52pm

GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 8:22pm
Thanks for the pictures mate!  I love the size difference and the beetle shell (with the HPI stickers) looks amazing! 

Nice!
K NINE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K NINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 5:03pm
i here you this place is very dead.But im in it to win it i have a menace21 and i love it but the brakes suck i had brakes for the first five minutes then they just stoped working right i tryed everything but still very little brakes whats the problem.can anybody help i herd through the grape vine that this common on the menace so whats the fix

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 6:37am
Brakes......what are those ??

Brake fade is common on most of the old schuey high speed range due to the speeds the cars hit. Ive found grinding a few grooves into the brake shoes/plates and drilling a few holes in the brake disc helps greatly. I can lock up the xtr rear wheels no problem at any speed now.  
jude26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 5:44am
Stronger Throttle servo, moved the brake metal thingy from the second hole to the farthest hole and removed the plastic gear protector and put the alloy one from the earlier menaces. Won't lock up the wheels, but stops much better.
MaxD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:55pm

Edited by MaxD
MaxD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic