www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Electric Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ask the team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chip84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:48pm
Not sure where to ask this so here goes, can someone tell me what pivot pin is supplied in the 3.5 pro U3142 or U3169?

Cheers

kimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 1:09pm

Hi Chris,

It's to know why do you have more rear drop than front ?
On my last car, I had 6 Front and 5 Rear for example...

And also, What is the length of your shocks ?

Regards,
Manu

Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 3:19pm

Originally posted by Chip84 Chip84 wrote:

Not sure where to ask this so here goes, can someone tell me what pivot pin is supplied in the 3.5 pro U3142 or U3169?

Cheers

U3142

gwesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 4:18pm

hi kimi , droop is generally used for weight transfer , more droop will transfer more weight (lower the number =more travel ), people tend to add more droop on bumpy circuits to enable the tyres to keep contact at all times , too much front droop will make the car understeer on exit !

my shocks are 62.5mm

hth glenn

Chris Grainger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grainger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by kimi kimi wrote:

Hi Chris,

It's to know why do you have more rear drop than front ?
On my last car, I had 6 Front and 5 Rear for example...

And also, What is the length of your shocks ?

Regards,
Manu

Ha! that will be a mistake! I promise the next set up I put up will not be done so late at night and I will get it all right first time!! 4.5 rear 5.5 front

kimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 9:10pm
ThX for your help guys ;)
BagofSkill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BagofSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 10:40am
Dear Floating Heads,

can you tell us what's with using tamiya pistons in the Schumacher dampers?

Cheers, Chris.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grainger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 1:33pm

Originally posted by BagofSkill BagofSkill wrote:

Dear Floating Heads,

can you tell us what's with using tamiya pistons in the Schumacher dampers?

Cheers, Chris.

I plan to now start testing with the std pistons, when I started testing my new car I used Tamiya pistons and Yokomo oil, like in my Yokomo shocks, this was because I Know it, every manufactures oil is different and every piston is not the same just because it has 3 x 1.1mm holes does not make it the same, thickness diameter and material make a difference, but know I understand the car better I will use Schumacher pistons and  oil..

Chris

Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 11:27am
New set ups now posted in Tech Info.
Mr. Va Va Voom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Va Va Voom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 6:13pm
Chris or Lee, do you have gearing for a GM 6t Delta around West London?

What about the other Natioanl tracks for this year, Halifax and Cotswolds gearing wise?

Though im running it Sensored on a Nosram ISTC?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Steven

Edited by Mr. Va Va Voom
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grainger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 12:56am

Originally posted by Mr. Va Va Voom Mr. Va Va Voom wrote:

Chris or Lee, do you have gearing for a GM 6t Delta around West London?

What about the other National tracks for this year, Halifax and Cotswolds gearing wise?

Though im running it Sensored on a Nosram ISTC?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Steven

Sorry Steven, really cant help you there every make of brushless speedo requires a different ratio, and  its a lot different so as I run a GM speedo sensorless I have no idea how to gear a LRP speedo. You need to find someone with the same speedo

Chris

Kirby Masterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby Masterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 6:15am

Steven,

Using the GM6.0 with the  LRP/Nosram (5cell) I gear it between 7.6 and 6.8 .
64 pitch, 114 spur and 27 - 30 tooth pinions. 

ChrisG what do you gear at?

Schumacher4eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schumacher4eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 8:47am

Hi Chris and Lee.

What would happen if i fitted the lower shock towers on my car (U3152 and U3153)? What effects, good or bad, will it give me? Also, would you recommend the use of the wider rear shock tower?

Sylar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 5:16pm

Hi Chris/Lee.

Could you give me some tips on getting the roll bars set correctly so as to not tweak the car. Any little tricks would be helpful.

Thank you.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grainger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Kirby Masterman Kirby Masterman wrote:

Steven,

Using the GM6.0 with the  LRP/Nosram (5cell) I gear it between 7.6 and 6.8 .
64 pitch, 114 spur and 27 - 30 tooth pinions. 

ChrisG what do you gear at?

I will check with some LRP guys but I think with an LRP speedo you are way over geared? I run around 7.2 with the GM

Chris

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grainger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Schumacher4eva Schumacher4eva wrote:

Hi Chris and Lee.

What would happen if i fitted the lower shock towers on my car (U3152 and U3153)? What effects, good or bad, will it give me? Also, would you recommend the use of the wider rear shock tower?

The lower towers are for foam, smaller tyres, they are to low for rubber. yes wider rear tower much better

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grainger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Sylar Sylar wrote:

Hi Chris/Lee.

Could you give me some tips on getting the roll bars set correctly so as to not tweak the car. Any little tricks would be helpful.

Thank you.

with the shocks and tyres removed lift one wishbone, measure with a ride height gauge how high you need to lift the one side before the other side moves, then swap to the other side, Both sides should be equal, if they are not you need to bend the bar slightly untill it is equal

Chris

Kirby Masterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby Masterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 12:54pm
No problem with the gearing, motor is bullet quick.

For the Schumacher shocks, Can I suggest you use the Blue o-rings from the CATsx, if you dont already do so.

Have you had a steering problem yet? where the car doesn't track properly? I just wack it on the setup station and constantly adjust the front toe. But im yet to actually find the problem. I now loctite my link adjustments and that has seem to fix it... i think.

gwesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 6:40pm

hey kirby , my tracking does this too ! even after a small rub on a kerb

im thinking it could be to do with the servo horn ?

Noddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 6:47pm
Hey all! Just wondering if you can explain what changes you make when
trying to dial your car into a track!

From the standard indoor and outdoor Mi3.5 setups, what changes do you
make when you dont have enough grip and when you have too much!
Usually getting the backend to stick is my problem! might be my driving
style but never seems solid!!

any help would be great! :)

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic