www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Electric Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ask the team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATLASCOPCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by timmay langdell timmay langdell wrote:

should be availabe very soon :)
Do you think that the new chassis will be good to run on carpet and dose any one know when it will be relesed
many thanks

blocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 12:40pm
Afternoon Chris.

I notice that you run at Newbury, I am moving to the area over christmas, don't suppose you have a good setup for the MI4CX with the new longer top deck.

Thanks in advance.

See you in the new year.Tongue
zooberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zooberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 10:37am
Wight problems,

My car wight 1438!
Softweve chassi, longtopdeck,

What can i do to get down in wight?

What you vars wight?
paulc87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulc87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 6:48pm
My cx weighs in at 1430, no idea how im going to get that weight down :(

Queation to chris and team - what kind of bearings do you run in the car, standard or do you use ceramic berings?

Thanks

Paul
Graham Kenny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 8:33pm
I always ran the ceramics in the MI4CX the schumacher ones are very good quality, my dad runs them in his XRAY too 
Mornedn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mornedn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by zooberg zooberg wrote:

Wight problems,

My car wight 1438!
Softweve chassi, longtopdeck,

What can i do to get down in wight?

What you vars wight?
+1

How do you guys get your weight down? Any tips?
PPinkney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPinkney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 10:39pm
I use the shorty style lipo batteries to drop the weight and to balance the car out better, I run the shorty style lipo 5mm further forward than the standard batt type and place the esc behind it. This leaves just the motor, reciever, servo and transponder on the other side so plenty of space left. I also have fitted a 40mm fan which I shoe goo to the chassis plate in front of the motor for extra cooling.

There is a picture of my car on Demonpowerproducts site, you can also buy the shorty lipo from there.
I have had to place 70g of extra weight on the chassis to bring it up to 1355g.

Hope this helps

Here is the link to the picture:  

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/product_info.php/reedy-as306-shorty-4000mah-60c-74v-lipo-hard-cased-battery-p-6791

Mornedn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mornedn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 7:27am
Originally posted by PPinkney PPinkney wrote:

I use the shorty style lipo batteries to drop the weight and to balance the car out better, I run the shorty style lipo 5mm further forward than the standard batt type and place the esc behind it. This leaves just the motor, reciever, servo and transponder on the other side so plenty of space left. I also have fitted a 40mm fan which I shoe goo to the chassis plate in front of the motor for extra cooling.

There is a picture of my car on Demonpowerproducts site, you can also buy the shorty lipo from there.

Hope this helps

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/product_info.php/reedy-as306-shorty-4000mah-60c-74v-lipo-hard-cased-battery-p-6791

Thank you for the help....

I just can't access the link, is there any other link or pic that you can share?
NovalutionGSi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovalutionGSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 8:01am
Highlight, Copy, open new tab/window, paste, Enter! That should get you to the picture.

Thats a very neat and tidy car too!
greyfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greyfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Mornedn Mornedn wrote:

Originally posted by PPinkney PPinkney wrote:

Hope this helps

Paul, I notice you seem to be running a non-standard capacitor for the Hobbywing esc.
Have you just replaced the standard cap board with a different capacitor?

Also how are you securing the lipo to the chassis having moved it forward 5mm?

Thanks for your advice.
Thank you for the help....

I just can't access the link, is there any other link or pic that you can share?
PPinkney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPinkney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 9:34am

To move the lipo forwards you will have to dremel another battery tape slot in the chassis 5mm further forwards than the current slot at the front, then mount your shorty lipo and mark where you need to make the 2nd slot behind the battery and do the same there. Then you just tape the lipo is as per normal with your tape.

I replace the capacitor on the esc to a more powerful one as I ususally run modified, tbh you probably wouldn't need for any other class. If you want one again its on demonpowers web site there not expensive.

If you cant get the link to work go on www.demonpowerproducts.co.uk 
then look under batteries and you will see the Reedy shorty Lipo on that page, click on the battery and the picture is there. Wink

Mornedn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mornedn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 9:54am
Thank you!! This will help alot!
greyfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greyfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 3:45pm
Thanks for the info Paul - I'll make the alterations and see how it goes at the next EWS meeting in February.
zeb44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeb44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 2:46pm
Hi,

If someone of the team who knows the MI5 has a few minute to have a look at my setup and give me his opinion, it would be very kind.
It's here : http://forum.racing-cars.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16518&title=mi5-setup

Thanx

Vincent
Super View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2014 at 8:03am
Hi could Chris grainger put up his setup from mendips for his mi5 Evo
As this will soon be my local track and his car looked super smooth round there 👌
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic