www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Vintage > Vintage Schumacher Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cougar 2000 re-commission

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cougar 2000 re-commission
    Posted: 30 December 2008 at 7:13pm

well folks. 

after 'the christmas' i had a sudden and overwhelming desire to re-commission my old c2000. i bought it in 1994 IIRC, it is still in bloody good condition but i want to get it back up to standard again. can anybody shed any light on the parts?

REEDY mr 'O' motor. what spec is this? i can't remember and google brings nothing up.

tekin tsc420f speedo? any info?

it all works but i need new cells. any recommendations?

does anybody have a copy of a build manual and part numbers etc. and setup recommendations, etc? any info will be greatly appreciated.

i'm gonna get a carbonfibre shell made for it too!!!

happy new year

bryn

imull2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imull2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 7:56pm

I ran a Tekin 420F in my touring car last year, they're still a beast! Instructions can be downloaded from www.teamtekin.com

If you go lipo for your new cells you'll need to add a lipo cutoff as this speedo doesn't have one.

I'll try and see what info I have on that motor.

Ian

bryn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 8:59pm

cheers ian. i would be really interested in what you find out, so the 420f would still cut it today? i have had an e-mail back from associated usa re: my motor. apparently it's a 11double?

i am also now after a rear rose joint. part number t1188. they aren't showing on the schumacher website, any ideas where to get one from?

cheers all,

bryn

mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 9:50pm
bryn can you post pic
thehunterx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thehunterx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 4:31am

Ask and ye shall receive -

http://rc-racing.org.uk/ar/t2665.htm

The manual listed, I believe, was the first or second version of the kit. There are a couple of iterations of it floating around (95T, etc.). The major differences are the lower chassis (first version flaired out and the 95T had a positionable battery tray), changes to the front A-arms (first version used a more traditional H-arm type design, 95T used the A-arms shown in this manual), and changes to the rear mounts (the first/second versions are just like the manual, the 95T uses something of a precursor to the Fireblade setup). When I bought my kit off off of eBay, it was missing the manual, and all I was able to get from Schumacher USA at the time (early 2000) was an exploded view of the first version - now, that is a fun build indeed. Wish I would have had this manual - but I was able to get most of it correct. Overall though, this provides a pretty good starting point for what you need, etc.

If you need any help let me know - I have a 95T, an original that I purchased for parts, and a Storm 2000.

bryn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 7:47am

as soon as i've finished the re-build i'll posty piccies.

that manual is most useful. if i remember correctly, i got mine when the 2000 had only just been released, in 1993-4? and so has the wider flared out chassis, the red driveshafts different to the ones in the manual, the front wishbones are indeed the 'h' type. mine also has a slightly different shell too. i think all i am after now is the rear rosejoint: part no.t1188. it is still in great condition as i soon lost interest in it. out of interest how much might it be worth?

it also has fully ballraced gear on it and carbonfibre shock mounts.

last question. what more recent schumacher 2wd buggies could i look for as a more useable all weather car? something that is still able to buy spares for? or should i buy a new rc10?

cheers,

bryn

Edited by bryn
mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 11:04pm
bryn these rose joints i think you may be in luck cos ithink ihave got two pm me your address and i will stick them in the post
mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 8:42pm

bryn i have two pairs of plastic ends will post to you tomorrow mate .

no mate found these in a box of bits and peices in the garage

Edited by mi2driver
bryn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 6:24am

great stuff mi2. i don't suppose you have a pair of front wheels too? i decided to clean my wheels up in the dishwasher and they melted.

oops!!

thanks again.

bryn

mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:21pm
no sorry mate
Digital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by bryn bryn wrote:

i don't suppose you have a pair of front wheels too? i decided to clean my wheels up in the dishwasher and they melted.

Worth checking with Schumacher, as they quite possibly still have stock.

mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 9:54pm
bryn did you get those rose joints mate
bryn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 9:26pm

I did manage to get a pair of wheels too from e-bay. here are a few  photo's. i have almost got there now. i'm going to fit a fullset of stainless screws and fasteners. i have also purchased from this forum an earlier cougar, which i am also hoping to restore. (see wanted section formore info) i am also after a couple of period'ish speedo's now if anyone has any lying around.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/brynnoon/DSC_0133.j pg

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/brynnoon/DSC_0134.j pg

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/brynnoon/DSC_0135.j pg

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/brynnoon/DSC_0136.j pg

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/brynnoon/DSC_0137.j pg

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/brynnoon/DSC_0138.j pg

cheers,

bryn

bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 7:45am
Very very nice work Bryn. A stunning 2000 if ever i saw one. Well done mate!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic