www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

last night running my car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusion28skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: last night running my car
    Posted: 12 November 2008 at 4:28pm

hi

i was out running my car, i used 6 tanks of fuel but i had a problem of the car keep flipping and barrel roll down the car park causing the suspension to damage :(  has any one had this problem.  also it looks like i have worn out a tyre you can see by the pictures.

i was happy that nothing else broke just a suspension arm and a tyre

i would upload pictures but i dont know how to :(

Mofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 6:38pm

It's impossible to say without seeing the car and/or knowing the suspension set-up; springs, damper oil, angles setting etc.

Posting photographs is easy - you need to open a free account with photobucket, Flickr, Facebook etc upload the photographs to the host site and then copy and paste the properties into the url box that appears when you click on the "Add Image" button box.

fusion28skyline View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusion28skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 7:31pm

the suspension is standard out of the box standard.

it was the like the car was too light for the speed,  would it be stupid to add weight to the car to make the car stay on the floor and not take off when it gets into second gear?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusion28skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 7:59pm
jonrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:21pm
Not to put a to finer point on it, but it's just about impossible to diagnose a problem such as yours without actually seeing the car running. Also how you actually drive the car, the problem could be your driving style, not a problem with the car. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusion28skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:40pm

that is a possidility as i am useless lol   the car is going in a straight line not cornering but when the car goes into the second gear it takes off and then it does take off the floor lol

i just wondered if some one else had the same problem?  it is funny to watch untill i remember that is my toy car bouncing down the road costing me a fortune to repair every time i use it lol

how do you set your suspension up to stop the car leaving the ground lol

jonrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:21pm
Never ever had that problem, maybe it's because we don't run a Fusion.

Edited by jonrg
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusion28skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:34pm
what you trying to say about fusion
Mofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 10:39pm

Bloody hell! I'm surprised that it runs at all with that amount of muck on it! Bald/non existent tyres won't help and the differentials/belt must be working overtime to pass that amount of crap through them!

Get the toothbrush out and clean it!

jonrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 11:02pm
Fusion28 skyline you have a PM
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusion28skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 11:18am

its the cars birthday today its getting a clean but just need to find a good way to clean the car with out soaking the electrics,  so that means i cant put it in the dish washers lol

whats the best way to clean it?

CHICKEN FEET View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHICKEN FEET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 12:35pm
me personaly I take off my radio box plug my carb wit some plastic and a
rubber band and use some a mild degreaser and go to work MIT a
pressure washer. After the hosing I take the air compresser to it then a
good dose of W-D-40 let it soak in the blow it off again then give it a
good wiping down. You take the tooth brush to the radio box.
simmo0916 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simmo0916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 12:40pm
Wow, thats a dirty car! Impressive dent in the block too. I wonder how much air is actually passing through the filter??? lol
La La View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote La La Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 2:25pm
 its called cleaning
Martydoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 2:27pm
I thought my fusion was abused!!! 

Most likely the suspension is not working properly. All that dirt and grim aint gonna be helping it. Get it cleaned up. Then sort out the ride height based on the surface that you are driving on. If its got small stones, driving over them could be enough to lift the front up so that its acting like an aerofoil and flipping the car over.

Get a proper set of tyres too. I can see the rims through those ones!!!
La La View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote La La Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:25pm
the easy way to clean it if its that bad just take all electronics of and drop it in the bath! i like to enjoy my car so i prefer to shower with it! my wife thinks im very strange
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusion28skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:49pm

its a choice rubber duck or fusion in the bath tough choice lol

i am waiting for my new suspension parts and wheels to turn up so i can set the suspension up, i am using it smoothish car parks with no stones/glass/leafs nice and clean

i have been told to order a bodyshell that will help keep the car on the floor

do you guys use standard shells

simmo0916 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simmo0916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 6:14pm
Im using the standard shell, plus a HPI subaru imprezza shell. I must admit i cant tell the difference when running the two shells.
Mofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 6:51pm

Looking at this photograph:

And the angle of the rear upper arms in this one:

The upper arms are too low at the centre and too high at the hubs - causing the driveshafts to be too angled (they should be parallel with the floor)

I'd say that the rear ride height is way too low and needs lifting up.  My guess is that the back end is bottoming out on the surface bumps and then 'bouncing' back up off the ground, causing the front to lift and the whole chassis to act like a see-saw.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusion28skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 7:00pm

the n/s shock is bent which is not helping the handling and theo/s rear wheel missing the tyre is making the rear touch the floor with is killing the poor chassis

whats the clearance of your fusion?  should i raise mine as i am running around in car parks untill i learn to control the car   i was looking into getting larger wheels which i think are for the 1/8 scale cars to give the car more clearance and letting the car move with out touching the floor

whats your fort please help me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic