www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > 1/8th RallyCross
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swift 2 - Help Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 11:47am

I hadn't considered the strength (or lack of) of the Swift's drivetrain - the Hyper's is bullet-proof with Spider differentials.

As for tuning; they're all pretty much of a muchness.  I'd try and go for one that has no mid-range needle on the carb though, as it is just set flush but have a seal that is a potential air leak and the needle can unwind when the seal hardens over time/fuel contact.

Edited by Mofi
Blue2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 12:15pm

I think the US Hyper 21 8 port DOES have a mid range, nto sure it would change my choice of engine though.

I guess the logic could be to buy a cheap 75 lump (Ansmann force/picco etc) save the cost of a new liner in a few months 58 for hyper) and then buy a mid-range non PS next year for performance and put the cheap lump in an e:bay used chassis for my 8 year old.

Troooooooouble is, have seen the PRP go in the swift and would like to go faster, the lower priced lumps are 1.9HP and less than 30k and the 8 port is 2.5hp and 38k.....I don't rely on absolute figures coz the tunign can dramatically affect, buuuuuuuut there must be some difference in speed with the extra 8k revs headroom and 0.4Hp...or is there?

Head says go for cheap reliable, heart says go for power and speed!!!

Blue

Mofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 12:53pm
Take a look in the 'For Sale' section...
Blue2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 11:46am

I bought a Picco .21B and its a cracker, far better than the old PRP lump, and a lot easier to tune.

Took the liberty to also change for a 15 tooth clutch bell and changed to Ally shoes at the same time, with the black spring, rather than gold as the power band is a little lower on the Picco than on the racing lumps. kept the same pipe and manifold.

Its now going really well, had a botu a gallon of 20% through ti now and despite some blown plugs when it was very cold (due to not richening up to compensate for the extra charge density of the cold air) its brilliant, would reccomnd the Picco as a drop in replacement anyday.

Blue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic