www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEED HELP ON SPEED FOR A 21 XT-R3E

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUESTION MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEED HELP ON SPEED FOR A 21 XT-R3E
    Posted: 24 July 2004 at 4:44am
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE IT GO FASTER BESIDES DIFFRENT GAS. I KNOW IT SAYS IT GOES 70 TO 75 MPH BUT IT DOESNT SEEM IT'S THAT FAST. AND ALSO HOW WOULD I KNOW IF ITS IT 3RD GEAR?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 9:28am

u will hear the car change into 3rd same with 2nd, the only real way u can make it faster without SERIOUS mods is thrust bearings, 25-30% tornado fuel

but if u wanted to make serious mods u could re drill the holes to fit the engine mount further away so u could fit the top speed kit off the fusion on, but i wouldnt do that as there would b 2 much strain on the enigne with those big off road wheels to move let alone the 2.5kg weight of the car itself

Edited by cossie
glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 3:54pm
Have you checked all your needled for the engin, you should be getting near 70 with the XTR in stock?
QUESTION MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUESTION MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 4:43pm

I HAVE'NT MESSED WITH THE NEEDLES BECAUSE I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY WORK. IM NEW TO THIS ONLY HAD THE CAR FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS. THERE ARE DAYS WHEN IT SEEMS IT'S FAST AND THERE ARE SOME WHEN IT SEEMS LIKE IT HOLDING OUT ON THE SPEED.

SHOULD I INVEST IN THE SPEED PACKS? WILL THAT ADD MORE SPEED OR SHOULD I GET ANOTHER MOTOR.

IS THERE ANOTHER MOTER MADE FOR THE XT-R3E THAT IS FASTER? I DONT WANT TO MESS WITH MODS RIGHT NOW BUT WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE SPEED OUT OF THE STOCK MOTOR WITH OUT DESTROYING IT IN THE LONG RUN.

I AM USEING OMEGA 15% FUEL RIGHT NOW. THATS WHAT THE HOBBY SHOP TOLD TO USE. THEY SAID IT PERFECT AND THE ENGINE WILL HAVE A LONGER LIFE. PLEASE HELP. AND THANKS!  

glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 4:49pm
That's why it's slow, your mixture needles are out.

Nothing to do with the engine, if you get any engine it's the same, will need tuning. Read the section in the manual or here:

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Technical_Info/Schumacher/ Current%20Cars/Menace%2021/Instruction%20Manual/m_pg9.jpg

This is without a doubt your problem.

15% is low, 25% will be a lot faster.

Seriously dude, turn caps lock off

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUESTION MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 4:57pm
ok sorry for the cap lock. as far as the needles go the hobby shop adjusted them. i will mess with rhem but is it  possible that i can blow the engine if i do somthing wrong or will it lower the life span on the engine? i remember he told me i will get more life out of it the way he set it.  
glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 5:29pm
You can't blow up the engine if you follow that sheet. You can mess up your engine if you don't!

Just follow that sheet very carefully, and when turning the needles turn no more then 1/8th of a turn at a time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUESTION MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 5:31pm
ok thanks i will try it. thanks again
glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 5:56pm
No worries,

Good luck!

Let us know how you get on.
Ne0urotic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ne0urotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 11:13pm
there r some good guides on the web about how to setup the carb, worth a read to get your head into how the carb is functioning :

Wildhobbies Engine Tuning Basics

RCcartips.com RC Engine Tuning Tips

Ne0urotic

Edited by Ne0urotic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUESTION MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:26am
i messed with the carb and it running perfect now. thanks guys.
menaceman2424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menaceman2424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 4:43am
mhjmjh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menaceman2424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 4:43am
how/?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menaceman2424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 4:44am

how?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic