www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antcla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie
    Posted: 25 July 2008 at 7:33am

Just a quick hello to introduce myself, I'm Antony from southampton in England, had my XTR 3E for about 4 months now and its the best thing i have ever brought. Spent about 70 quid already in new parts due to jumping and flipping, but a great car.

Hello to all fellow Schmacher owners out there.

Ant

Edited by antcla
crew01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crew01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 9:22am

Hello .

I am looking for help with my Havoc,  Its the Ford GT pick up model. Basically after using for any period of time it suffers from two problems

1) The sterring , Braking and accelerating play up. Its as if the signal gets interfered with or something. I changed the RC handset but its starting again now.

2) When trying to start it up it sometimes seems to be stuck in gear.  Hence it does not start or stalls all the time unless I hold it off the ground and then am quick to pull away.

I tried all settings but must be doing something wrong. I am a novice for sure Any ideas to help please let me know

Thanks

Paul M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 2:37pm

Welcome to the forum guys! 

This isn't a criticism or anything but if you have questions about specific models you'd be better off asking them in their own forum (nitro on-road, nitro trucks etc.) as you are much more likely to get answers there.

Antony, you'll have hours of fun with the XTR 3E, it is a mental bit of kit, but be aware that it has been discontinued.  Spares may be a little bit more difficult to come by in a couple of years, but hopefully not.

Crew, from what you've said about your Havoc radio gear, it sounds like glitching, this can be caused by damage to the receiver circuit board or the receiver crystal from a hard impact, but from you saying it only happens after being used for a length of time, it could be that your battery pack simply isn't powerful enough.  If you have the 4 AA battery pack, it would be an idea to upgrade to a rechargeable NiMH pack as it will give your servos more power and will last longer.  Have you also checked that no-one around you is using the same frequency band?  That could be another reason for the glitching.  I don't mean to patronise you if you have already checked these things, it's just a couple of ideas about the usual suspects...

Also, these trucks don't usually get stuck in gear, it sounds to me like your clutch may be sticking.  What you will need to do is take the clutch bell off (the bit attached to the prop shaft of the engine with the cog on the end) and have a look at the inside of the bell, and also check the clutch shoes (these are the bits of nylon with springs on attached to the flywheel and hidden by the clutch bell when fitted), there will either be two or three of them.  It should be obvious if they are worn and they don't last forever, especially on a big and powerful 28 sized engine.  If you have a Photobucket account or anything, it's always useful to stick pictures up if you can.  You're more likely to get quick accurate answers if people can see the bits you are having problems with.

crew01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crew01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 4:03pm

Paul.

Many thanks for your advice and wisdom on using this site. I will of course take note of it and hopefully be better educated.

I am very new to these machines and also in fact new to these chat rooms. I have found you advice very helpful and look forward to trying to resolve my issues with my car by implementing what you have suggested. Thank you very much

Good luck P

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic