www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sneak peek of new cat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 7:09am

"Just to lay it to rest.... this year will be 20 years in racing, so I think I can tell a pup from a beast"

Ofcourse what was I thinking. Buddy I raced the original Kyosho Optima back in its day and many others since.My XLS was awesome too. Perhaps you are the 'PUP'. Anyone keen to step up and buy a plastic Tamiya kit really knows there 'PEDIGREE'.  Ouch!

Seriously buddy,how can anyone take you seriously when your looking to race a cheaper knock off of anything? I'll be buying the real race version of the new CAT when its released. Perhaps you can buy the plastic version-

RETRO R/C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RETRO R/C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 11:52am
I dont know why Schumacher would release a cheaper version of what is essentially a competition car. Where is the Serpent cheapy? The Aero cheapy? Schumacher is more a competition orientated company - Tamiya is more interested in the "average joe" market who tend to spend a whole lot more than racers do.

I am happy that Schumacher are coming back to off road. I am sure they wont cheapen it with a plastic fantastic - make the best buggy available for racing. There are plenty of "Toy" cars on the market - let Schumacher do what it did/does do best.

Cheers

Darryn

Edited by RETRO R/C
J_Woody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by RETRO R/C RETRO R/C wrote:

I dont know why Schumacher would release a cheaper version of what is essentially a competition car. Where is the Serpent cheapy? The Aero cheapy? Schumacher is more a competition orientated company - Tamiya is more interested in the "average joe" market who tend to spend a whole lot more than racers do.

I am happy that Schumacher are coming back to off road. I am sure they wont cheapen it with a plastic fantastic - make the best buggy available for racing. There are plenty of "Toy" cars on the market - let Schumacher do what it did/does do best.

Cheers

Darryn

i totally agree, i'm just getting back into the rc racing scene, and i am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new shumacher, i for one wouldn't want the car to be anything less than a thoroughbred racer, i'm expecting schumachers previous racing pedigree to shine through and bring us a car that can compete with, and beat the rest of the current crop of cars,
i do feel they've left it about 6 months to late though, with all the new cars that are starting to appear, like the b44, aero, and then the serpant later in the year, and to miss the start of the outdoor season, i feel that a lot of racers have chosen there car for the year, and will be reluctant to change midway through the year, although there will be a following like myself who will want the car just because its British and will have a unrivalled spares back up in this country,
no doubt schumacher will get good sales for the car in this country, and i'm sure with a few top drivers in there team, they will have many good results during this year....

so come on schumacher, get some pics on the website, or at least give us some info on the spec of the car.

jay
K Bishop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 1:45pm

Post for F.T.Q

You have Edan Park making a come back and Stotfold wouldnt be that far from you , Both amazing tracks. Not been to Eden Park since it reopened but if its anything like the old track i cant wait!

DCM1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCM1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by bormac bormac wrote:

"Just to lay it to rest.... this year will be 20 years in racing, so I think I can tell a pup from a beast"

Ofcourse what was I thinking. Buddy I raced the original Kyosho Optima back in its day and many others since.My XLS was awesome too. Perhaps you are the 'PUP'. Anyone keen to step up and buy a plastic Tamiya kit really knows there 'PEDIGREE'.  Ouch!

Seriously buddy,how can anyone take you seriously when your looking to race a cheaper knock off of anything? I'll be buying the real race version of the new CAT when its released. Perhaps you can buy the plastic version-

that dead horse must be getting messy with all that flogging you are doing of it dude.

I don't remember Schumacher ever making a two tier level of car, they have always made the cheap one, then brought out all the bits you really need to make it work right.

I think the big difference between Schumacher, Aero and Serpent is that the latter two have had public, high caliber outings and been pretty dam successfully to boot, so people know they are a know quantity, the problem with the SX is that you have to have blind faith in the product being good, and not like the Mi3 where there has been plenty of 'public' failures.
MattW View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 7:30pm

Kev, EPO is still hard work!! sweet track, but expensive if you get it wrong - just as it always was. so rewarding when you get it right though.

DCM - interesting thoughts, some i'd agree with, some i don't, and some that are about 10 years old! You would have been right about Schumacher bringing cheaper cars out and then them needing "hopping up" if you'd said it sometime between 1994 and 2003 ish. Back then all cars had plastic and composite chassis bits. However, since Mi2 (so Mi2, Mi2 EC, Mi3) have been essentially full spec out of the box. So on current form..................

As for Aero and Serpant already being race proven... Hmm, well i don't want to slate them, cos that isn't fair, but i wouldn't totally agree. I haven't seen Aero run their car in "plastic form" i.e moulded chassis and their own suspension bits. The car t hey ran last year that Lee won with was a full on hand machined car - a Durango some would say (not 100% true - but probably closer to Durango than to production Aero). As for Serpant, not sure. Toy fair was first time car had been seen in public - their prototype from the worlds etc was again a Durango. I'm sure there were bits and concepts etc, but i don't think anyone has seen the full car run.

DCM1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCM1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 12:12am
I agree that the Mi2 onwards have been full spec, but really they couldn't of afforded to even try to bring out a budget car, they just don't sell.

The Aero, yeah, to an extent, I agree, but I think with an unknown company you got to think about molding accuracy and parts strength, and the Serpent just looks far more 'finished' and with Gerd behind it and serpent being a recognised race breed, you have a good idea it will work, and the only changes to it has been simplicities for production and more user friendly.

I don't think it would hurt Schumacher if some pics 'slipped' out onto the net though, in fact it would increase speculation rather than do any real harm.
DirtRacer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtRacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 2:31pm

Refreshing news at last Mr Shuey  though you did take your time a bit. Lots of eagerly awaiting people here

On a sidenote:

I see bormac has'nt changed one bit, someone got your knickers in a twist and then its back to watching cheap ozzie soaps with plenty of overhyped emotions?.. Corrr, someone play the violin in the background and let grandpa over there come out with his "When i were a lad" speach.... Whens your day off??

Eman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 10:41pm

Anyone keen to step up and buy a plastic Tamiya kit really knows there 'PEDIGREE'.  Ouch!

Not all of us are racers, Jason.  At least not me.  Maybe I'm in the minority on this forum.  I just enjoy a nicely built buggy to have fun with.  Hence, my desire for an optional "cheaper" version. 

Didn't Schumacher offer more baseline kits back in the day, and "works" parts were optional, if you wanted to pay more for the best?  That's what I'm getting at.  But then, given how the Mi3 is all tricked out, out of the box, maybe it's a pipe dream for me.

But that's where I'm coming from anyway.  I'd think that there are others with my thoughts about it, and would hope that the "racers" here wouldn't be looking down on folks in that situation.  I know you're better than that, Jason.

Maybe the new Cat will be beyond my $$, so I'll just have to sit it out and not partake.  Ah well.

bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 3:37am

Sorry EMAN-I didnt mean to offend you there buddy. Perhaps I can share my view piont on my recent posts. Its been a long time coming for this new car and I guess I have always thought of Schumacher as being one of those manufacturers of well engineered pedigree race cars. Its not to say that they arent allowed or capable of releasing r/c gear that will suit more of the majority of the market but the race scene does bring with it some very strong opinions. I think Schumacher now have the opportunity to release something special that will live up to their well earnt reputation. I raced an XLS back in the day and they certainly werent built for street bashing back then and I dont know why anyone would have wanted to. As with today,most racers dont run their 'race' cars anywhere but the race track. There are a mountain of fun cars out there to play in the street with so wouldnt it be great to see Schumacher once again release a chassis that is 'pure' race car. Many people across the world will be watching to see what they'll release and I can bet you now that if the car doesnt appeal to the racing community it could be decided a flop and Schumacher's pedigree race name at stake. I dont know about you but I'd rather not be able to afford the car then have it be a flop.. Releasing a 'plastic fantastic' version of the CAT could cheapen its reputation and cost the company in the worlds racing circles.

alsoli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alsoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 10:23am
Wow Guys this is starting to heat up!

So, I thought I might put my 2 cents in. As we say here is in Australia.
(DirtRacer - even grandpa's and Soapies too)

Although we can argue about how this car should be released and with
what spec we may be missing the real point. Schumacher have been out
of the offroad scene for some time, if their research indicates a cheaper
car should be successful then maybe it should be available, as Eman
pointed out this sort of model appeals to a different target market.

My hope is that Schumacher is successful with this new release through
moving with the times, lets face it most of the successful companies have
a RTR cheaper option.

Just my thoughts...

Scott
DCM1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCM1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 11:01am
I think a stripped out 'sport' version can open up 4wd to a lot more rather than buying someones knackered out old 4wd. 
george08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 4:17pm
SCHUMACHER CAT SX 1/10TH 4WD BUGGY

Features

Previewed at the Nurnberg 2008 Toy Fair, the CAT XS is the most hotly
anticipated buggy for the coming season.

Numbers are limited from the first batch, pre-order to secure your car.
50 deposit will be charged.

All new unique drive system where the spur rotates in the same
direction as the tyres.
Three belt transmission, with adjustable internal ratio.
4/2 cell or one side LiPo battery configuration.
Upright shock design.
Pin drive Rev Lite wheels front and rear, with hex adapters for fitment of
Losi style front wheels.
All new design and parts throughout, only ball links and the wing
mount remain the same.
Narrow chassis for improved handling.

i found this info on a site hope it helps someone
CATS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CATS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 4:25pm
Check the begining of this post and somebody has alrady provide this info, thanks anyway
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 4:47pm

And who's to say it's correct anyway as no official spec information has been released yet!!

MOGGIE XL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOGGIE XL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 5:29pm

All this guessing what the new CAT will be like is getting as bad as an episode of Lost.Please just put us out of our misery and show us the car Chris.

allen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by MOGGIE XL MOGGIE XL wrote:

All this guessing what the new CAT will be like is getting as bad as an episode of Lost.Please just put us out of our misery and show us the car Chris.

yeah i wanna see it before i put my 50 down

Eman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 6:52pm

Sorry EMAN-I didnt mean to offend you there buddy. Perhaps I can share my view piont on my recent posts. Its been a long time coming for this new car and I guess I have always thought of Schumacher as being one of those manufacturers of well engineered pedigree race cars. Its not to say that they arent allowed or capable of releasing r/c gear that will suit more of the majority of the market but the race scene does bring with it some very strong opinions. I think Schumacher now have the opportunity to release something special that will live up to their well earnt reputation. I raced an XLS back in the day and they certainly werent built for street bashing back then and I dont know why anyone would have wanted to. As with today,most racers dont run their 'race' cars anywhere but the race track. There are a mountain of fun cars out there to play in the street with so wouldnt it be great to see Schumacher once again release a chassis that is 'pure' race car. Many people across the world will be watching to see what they'll release and I can bet you now that if the car doesnt appeal to the racing community it could be decided a flop and Schumacher's pedigree race name at stake. I dont know about you but I'd rather not be able to afford the car then have it be a flop.. Releasing a 'plastic fantastic' version of the CAT could cheapen its reputation and cost the company in the worlds racing circles.

No offense taken here, so no worries.  Your comments just seemed a bit off, that's all.

Now I understand where you're coming from - I too hope they at least release a top-end pure racer that is a big success.  (I just also want the cheaper one too). :)

It's funny now, as on other RC forums, I hear so much talk about Losi, AE....it's like Schumacher never existed.  I'm one of the rare Schumacher owners on the forum I go to - most of the kids there probably have no idea about what the CAT used to be.  I'd love to see it come back huge.
cs8sz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs8sz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 5:15pm

Yes I would agree the price is steep, I was a loyal Schumacher fan for years and owned almost every 4wd buggy until the cat 3000 became obsolete, it is a shame that they didn't bring this out when the Cat 3000 was getting old as they would have sold loads, now there is very stiff opposition, namely B44 amoung others.

I am certainly looking forward to seeing this one on the track and see what it goes like.

Chris

stulec52 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stulec52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 4:02am

Still no pics?

or release dates?
   I for one need to have a car ready to go in April, not looking good for this one to be available in time to start the season.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic