www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wow!! This site is dead!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wow!! This site is dead!!!
    Posted: 16 December 2007 at 12:51am

Where is everyone??? I guess everyone is waiting for the new Fusion to hit the market??  I am not sure if my local hobbyshop is going to carry them this time

Edited by nitrohead5300
mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 1:38am
nitro you are right this place is realy quiet latley whats going on
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 4:47am
I wish I knew mi2driver
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 5:35am

well.. mor n more ppl are losing interests in schumacher products.. especially after seein the new fusion which has very little changes done to it. so as a result have lost interests in using the forum much at all too.. this is just IMO, i could be wrong.

looks like the electrics schumachers are a big thing tho.. thats good.

Edited by Vortex21
ziggy12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziggy12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 9:21am

Not just this site but every one I am a member of. It seems like all the nitro touring guys just dropped off the face of the earth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 12:22pm
The electric revolution I think alot of nitroheads are being tempted by the technology being used in electric cars today, lipos and brushless = almost unlimited  speed and  power. But I still prefer nitro!!
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 12:27pm

Well that's true just wait I will have a problem soon and that you lot can think for me

Qaz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 1:04pm
A friend of mine has one of those traxxas trucks that has the lipo system in it and it is really fast but it is uncontrolable and the electronic speed control is always over heating and shuting down after a few high speed runs and when it crashes he has significant damage. I guess what I am saying is the grass always appears greener , lipos ar being hyped but I am sure there maybe hidden problems with them that we have yet to discover.
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 2:22pm

Qaz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 4:44pm
My friend with the traxxas lipo truck just went out today to get a cooling fan for the speedo so that should take care of the overheating but I still don't trust those batteries yet. I have seen some fires caused by improperly charging these power packs
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 4:45pm

Fires

Qaz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 4:59pm
Lipo's are very dangerous if you don't charge them properly, there have been several posting on the internet. And you don't want to short circuit them either......boom!! One guy over here in the states left his lipo on charge while nhe went to the store when he returned home his house had burned down to the ground.
mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 12:28am
Originally posted by nitrohead5300 nitrohead5300 wrote:

I wish I knew mi2driver
why they dont like the damp either have heard of people taking cars home after race meetings and garages burning down days later ,try explaining that to the insurance.but they are good batterys ive used them allyear in my r12 no problems and any batterys explode if you dont charge them properly.   p.s.try u tube 4 exploding lipos  

Edited by mi2driver
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 8:45am

WOW They are even more dangerous than nitro car

Qaz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 12:24pm
Mi2Driver...........I didnt know they were sensitive to humidty!! And if you don't know how to use something properly it can be dangerous. Since lipos are new to the rc car scene all the characteristics of the battery are not known yet.
mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 11:10pm
not intirley sure how sensitive to damp they are as the bike racers seem to use them ok ,but ithink theirs are better water proofed.i was intending to run lipo's in an nt1 next year but dont know how water proof the lrp/nosram packs are,and it is right under the fuel tank 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2007 at 4:54am
Yeah Ka-Boom!! If the tank leaks.

Edited by nitrohead5300
ziggy12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziggy12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2007 at 8:00am

They are sensetive to water as it conducts electricity and shorts the layers out resulting in an explosion. You can drop a lipo in fuel and it will be ok as it doesnt conduct electricity.

Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2007 at 8:41am

KA-BOOM if that does happen atleast record it lol.

Qaz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2007 at 8:46am
Guess that is why it is roar legal to use lipo reciever packs on 1/10 & 1/8 scale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic