www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIG Wheels For Menace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIG Wheels For Menace
    Posted: 05 July 2007 at 6:02pm

Hi I am thinking of getting a menace and I would like to put put bigger wheels on it, would these work? And would they be ok with steering any everything? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROLINE-Mambo-40-Series-Wheel-Rim-TMax x-REVO-Savage_W0QQitemZ290095539081QQihZ019QQcategoryZ140983 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Qaz

Edited by Qaz96
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 7:35pm
no you can t put 1/8th wheels and tires on 1/10th trucks.
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 7:43pm

What's the biggest size wheels that can go on it???

Qaz

Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Qaz96 Qaz96 wrote:

What's the biggest size wheels that can go on it???

Qaz

Hello???

Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 2:47am
only can put 1/10th tires on one, so not sure whats the biggest 1/10th tire thats out.
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 8:46pm

Thanks Vortex, could anyone add to that???

Qaz

propus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 4:39pm

I have bigger tyres on my menace

They ain't huge, but do make a difference when on rough ground and grass.  They are about the same width but larger diameter.  I will look back and find out what make they are.  I don't think they are a great quality tyre, but do the job fine enough.

Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 8:30pm

Do they increase ride height when on grass aswell??? What's the menace like off road??? Thanks for the reply propus

Many Thanks

Qaz

propus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 8:36pm

Yeah they increase the ride height just enough so that it is almost impossible for the rear end to bottom out any more...unless you squeeze the tyres down to the rim!

It handles like a bag of ****e off road, but thats what makes it fun

Nah, it's not that bad, but it's not as fogiving as say an LST2 or Muggy.

Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 8:51am

Thanks mate, now to track down a cheap menace!

Qaz

MaxD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 4:59pm
they start cheap (ish) and get expensive when you replace the plastic parts!!

those tyres look like the Menace Chevrons!  I've gone for Proline SpeedPaws - not much difference in height, but grip damn well offroad!
MaxD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 5:00pm
By the way, i found some 2.2" alloys ($90)... shame they have a 12mm hex. However, I do have the Fusion 12mm alloy hexes....
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 7:21pm

MaxD wouldnt the alloys get bend if you scrap them and get dented?

Qaz

MaxD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 10:39am
would be for "show" rather than use!!
propus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 1:07pm
The tyres on my menace look like the Menace Chevrons but they are from another rc truck.  I think they are mashers or related to a masher rc or something.  They are larger diameter than the chevrons, just enough to stop bottoming out when jumping and on rough ground.  Since I'm running the .28 the bigger tyres don't hinder the performance over the stock menace.
NilSatis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilSatis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2007 at 9:44am
From the thunder tiger ssk?  sort of look like them....
propus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 2:05am

Could be, to be honest I don't know what they came off.  I bought them on ebay just to see if they would work.

Sorry I wouldn't be more help.

Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 5:36pm

No worries, just need to find a cheap menace now.

Qaz

propus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 1:52am

Here's a pic to show you the size difference

Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 7:28pm

Wow that a difference, is there like any prolines or anything that can fit the menace???

Qaz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic