www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trim problem, throttle arm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trim problem, throttle arm
    Posted: 20 December 2004 at 2:58pm

Bought second hand fusion, is running very well except:

1. Even with the trim pulled right back on the controller the car will only sit still with the brakes on, ie no neutral. When I let the brakes of the car is not just edging forward but full on takes off.

What do I need to adjust, I think it may be a problem with the throttle arm.

Has anyone got any ideas, any help much appreciated!

couch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote couch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 5:57pm
Try un screwing the servo arm, setting the trim on the controller to neutral, and taking off the air filter. when you put the servo arm back on make sure that the carb is only open very slightly this will allow enough fuel/air in to tick over but not so much that it will take off when you apply light throttle. Plus you will have the fine tuning on the trim. 
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 7:35pm

Ok I have fixed that problem thanks for the tip.

Second problem

When I turn receiver on throttle arm goes to break position, when I turn transmitter on servo moves to neutral and then twitches backwards and forwards

Any ideas

col7104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col7104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 8:41pm
If u have a failsafe then it will go to brake position, as theres no signal from the transmitter. The twitching could just be the servo fighting the strain from the spring, i wouldnt worry too much about it, as long as it pulls the brakes and gas links well.
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 8:50pm

Thanks for that, just wanted to double check.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic