www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WFC Challenge Contender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 10:53pm

Mate, brilliant run and well done representing the nitro boys. 

Gutted about the ending though.  Did it perform to full potential or did it have loads left to give?

ziggy12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziggy12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 1:29am

The run up was only half the strip about 250 yards. The car kepts flooding the engines on launch so I took off gently and only gunned it about 150 yeards from the trap. You can see in the vid it only caught 2nd gear about 20 yards from the trap. The guys at the trap said it had mental acceleration just before the trap and had loads more to give.

All 3 eninges were still running when it got back to me and I shouted to my pit man to go down to the start and I'll send the car down for a full run. Then it all went pear shaped!!

I am confident the car would have hit over 120 on a full run up no problem I might even have taken the speed title, If but and maybees never win races.

The plan is to rebuild it and have a number of options on gearing to suit track conditions.

I also want to gear up my Kyosho RRR and install an OS 18TZP to enter the scale IC class. The gearing can take it up to 120 max. This car will be easier to start and run and give me a bit more track time to boost confidence for a full run with the triple.

I still have the option to run at Long Marston Drag Strip. This will show me what the car can do.

Cheers

Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 6:03am
that car was geared to definatly hit over last yrs record speed, too bad that a simple disconnect in the electronics caused the whoel car to be detroyed. hope to see another speed demon of yours later Ziggy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic