www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale/Wanted > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

9/10 Topcat for sale!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8rad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9/10 Topcat for sale!
    Posted: 11 June 2007 at 2:27am

Hi Guys,

To the highest bidder goes the centerpeice of my small collection.  A near mint Topcat.  I know many of you are very knowledgeable about these cars so I will describe it in as much detail as possible so that you know EXACTLY what you will be getting.

This car is 75% original,  10% parts scavenged from another car and 15% new parts.

Parts scavenged from another car include:T249 Front Suspension Top plate, T178 transmission housing, T204 left front hub carrier.

New parts include:T655 front tires, U544 clear body shell(uncut, not a repro!!!!!), all turnbuckles and rod ends, both T027 drive shafts(male), T031 left diff hub, T651 rear tires appear to have been used once but for all intents and purposes are new.

This kit also includes:Instruction manual  7/10(has been written on) with adendum sheet for filing down the front A arms, original decal sheet 80% complete, original box 7/10(corners are worn), original shock oil 75% full, the shock spacers originally included with the kit and the motor screws.

Now for the bad news:  Parts that are missing from the kit are T119 aerial tube, A171 tension rings, T234 pinion gear, 1 peice of A424 link wire for steering.

There are 3 problems with the car that I feel I should mention but cannot really be considered problems: The chassis plate is quite heavily scratched and pitted on the underside.  It also has a hole drilled in it just behind the right rear suspension.  A club 10 chassis from schumacher should solve those issues.  The last thing worthy of mention is that the right inboard hinge pin had punched a hole through the right front pivot block T201.  I filled the hole with exoxy, shaved it down a coloured it black.  A new pivot block should solve that.

PM me with your best offer on this car and I will respond to the winner by the weekend.  I will take a cougar 2 works car in similar condition or better in a straight trade.  If I dont see an offer I like I will have no problems hanging onto this car.

If you want more picture just PM me and I will hook you up.

bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 2:39am
looks kool
FERRETTI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FERRETTI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 12:22pm

PM sent .

8rad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8rad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 3:14am
Sold!
FERRETTI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FERRETTI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 12:31pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic