www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turns right on acceleration.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1-2play Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turns right on acceleration.
    Posted: 14 January 2007 at 5:28pm
When I get on the throttle the menace wants to make a sharper right hand turn. Having to correct for this makes it impossible to drive. When it levels out at full throttle or when coasting it tracts perfectly straight. The rear diff. Seams to be fine. Any help would be apprecieated.
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 6:12pm
Are your wheels straight on the front with the receiver and transmitter switched on?

Are the rear and front wheels in toe, no wheels on a funny angle?

Tbh, i would rebuild your rear diff and front diff, it does seem likely to be a diff problem and a rebuild might fix it.

Graham
1-2play View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1-2play Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 9:38pm
Had to replace the belt so I upgraded all the bearings except in the diffs. Didnít want to open them. New to this stuff. Aligned all the wheels everything measures and looks fine, put sway bars on it to help in high speed turns, checked and no binding. Will rebuild the diffs. And let you know. Is there anything I should know that might help or keep me out of problems. Will post pics and of fusion these things are so cool. Hit 61 on fusion trying to go faster!!
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2007 at 12:13pm
On the diff screw, don't forget to undo the grub screw on the other side of the diff, basically i think on the left there the diff screw and on the right of the diff there is a locking grub screw, if you don't fully take out the grub screw the diff screw won't move. 

Then, when you have rebuild the diff (with new grease) make sure you tighten the diff screw all the way up then a 1/4 turn out, then lock with the grub screw.  The diff screw controls the Limited Slip Differential, so the tighter it is the more locked the diff, and vice versa.  But the difference between fully locked and a very loose LSD is about 3/4 turn, you can try experimenting, but its such a bugger to adjust i normally leave it at stock settings, which is 1/4 turn out.

Graham
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic