www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starting options for fusion 21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sameer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting options for fusion 21
    Posted: 04 December 2006 at 5:38pm
hi ive had enough of carrying aroung a drill to start the car. Are there any other starting options? Thanks in advanst
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 7:22pm

You could try fitting a traxx ez start. It's only a .15 engine though. All you did to start it is a very large glowstarter type tool. For that engine you will need to drill new holes in your engine mounts?

You can get a starter box which is larger than a drill, but to use one of these on a fusion you will need a wolfpack chassis.

Or you could use a good old pull start.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 11:15am

I put the Pull start on my TTr it worked well but beware the cord will break when you least expect it.....

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 12:48pm

I have serious starting problems.

Flipped my truck in a puddle. filled the **** full of muddy water. Went up the exhaust and in through the carb.

I just wish you could bump start these schumachers so i would have a larger choice of engines.

Pixy_Black View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixy_Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:11pm
how did u manage to do that?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:54pm

Well it was my Menace 4x4 that it happened to.

I was just thrashing it around as you do, of course there was only the one puddle and i thought "hey wouldnt it be cool to thrash it through that puddle and watch all the steam come off"

It flipped and of course the air filter is made of sponge so it just sucked it straight up. Plus i had the throttle fully open because i didnt really want to say in the puddle to long. That probably helped it suck up a nice mouthful of water as well. I didnt have the stinger on because it restricts the exhaust flow, so the exhaust was fully emerged, and i turned it the right way up as soon as i took it out. And of course the header pipe angels downwards back into the engine! Now thats a stupid design!! And because the menace doesnt have a rolebar the roof of the shell broke once it landed on its roof fully submerging it.

pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 5:40pm

a) why would you take the stinger off? the noise is enough to wake the dead

b) why drive through a puddle. its bad for your car full stop

c) how in the hell did you manage to flip it and why keep your throttle fully open whilst in the air

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 6:26pm

The standard stinger than comes with the Menace is one of the worst peices of technology ever. For a start the tubing has a smaller inside diameter than the exhaust it self. And secondly it is bent downwards towards the ground cutting off the exhaust flow even more. Two good reasons to remove the standard stinger. I didnt take it off to make it louder. Its actually a quieter sound with the stinger removed.

Driving through puddles bad for your car? I'm talking about my Menace 4x4 not a GTR. It can only be bad for your car if you put it away wet.

I guess it flipped because hit the bottom of the puddle hard lifting the rear wheels off the ground with the front wheels still at full throttle causing it to flip arse over head. It wasnt really in the air at all. If i had a chance i would of closed the throttle sooner.

Edited by Banana Turbo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixy_Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 10:19pm
well, the menace 4x4 is not really an off-roader. It's just a fusion with more ground clearance. I'm sure if you drive it hard off-road it will disintegrate. For puddles and that sort of stuff you should be looking for a 1/8 buggy or a monster truck
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 11:53pm

??

Noway the menace is way better off road than 1/8th scale buggys. And has loads of ground clearance.

It has more of a chance getting up steep hills than a monster truck because it has tons more speed.

Trust me pixy Black i only know one way and thats to drive my cars hard. The menace is built like a brick. The rumours youve heard about it being weak are from guys who cant handle the speed, and wonder why they have to pay out 50 pounds when they hit a curb at 50mph.

And the Menace is a total offroader. Well not a total offroader but it's way better built than the jato for offroad. It's not a fusion is it?? It's based on the Menace 1/8 scale GTR? The only differnce is the shock towers, shocks and wheels.

Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 1:27am
The menace truck is the only truck with a belt transmission,IMO that is not good for off-roading at all. I never seen a belt transmission be used for off-road til schumacher made the 4x4. I think its better for all types of parkinglots and grass, not something you wanna take to your local 1/8th buggy track.
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 8:53am

i'd have to agree that belt would suck for offroad but i havent driven a menace,

oh and the menace 4x4 isnt based on the GTR, its the other way around, the 4x4 has been around alot longer than the GTR,

but for puddles and crap, definatly a 1/8th like the havoc, not that id recomend doing it in the havoc lol it would probably sink then explode.

pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 10:05am
lol the menace 4x4 looks like that CEN fun factor. those are really jokes since i saw one bombing round at a local park and the geezer looked like he was having fun (this is on grass/sand/dirt). it couldnt get up any sort of high gradient hill though without spinning its wheels. then a savage 25 turned up and showed it what off roading really is
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 11:12am

Well IMO those 1/8th scale trucks from what i have seen are totally crap. They look better for rock crawling rather than off roading. And they fall over when you turn. If he used spiked tyres he would of got grip and torn up the hill twice as fast a Savage.

It's a stadium truck anyway. Totally multi purpose. IMO it can do everything better than any other truck. It's fast on road, on grass, on a buggy track and fast off road.

There isnt really any other 10th scale truck that can do all those things. The Hpi hellfire is simliar except its an 1/8th scale. The only other is the Jato and from what i have heard it doesnt really compete.

Plus you can just change the shock towers, shocks, wheels and shell and then you have an 1/8th scale onroad. Not to differnt from the GTR.

Edited by Banana Turbo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixy_Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 2:50pm

i guess the 1/8 off road scale should be bannedf then and use the Menace

Try driving ur menace to a really off road terrain (with gravel, stones etc), not the grass s_h_i_t and mud you have over here in England and then we can have this discussion again about whether the menace is any good off road. If it doesn't fall apart after a couple of mins i promise i'll buy one

sameer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sameer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 5:16pm
sorry to hear about you bad insident buut can we please get back to the topic? Will an ez start fit on the schumacher fusion? If so which 1?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 6:27pm

I don't know what you have seen Pixy_black? Have you watched blades video of his menace with a modded thunder tiger on the sand dunesin Aussie land? It went straight past everything like they were standing still.

We do have gravel and stones . Like i said those 1/8th scale trucks are great for 2mph rock crawling but not much else. They even fall over when you turn!

And they don't fall apart.

Sameer we are on topic. The reason no one buys the Menace is because you are limited with the engines you can fit. And modding is to much like hard work for most people. And pixy_black. 

The EZ engines are .15 engines. You could try cutting at drilling your engine mounts and i'm sure it will fit after a while. EZ starts from what i have read on other forums are to get lazy people to buy their RC cars. Traxx only do a couple of engines thier most recent is the 3.3.

If you want performance engines and the full option range get a wolfpack and starter box. Which is bigger than a drill.

If the only reason is you don't want to carry a drill. I suggest you sell your fusion and get a 4-Tec. Why did you even bother getting a fusion in the first place?

You could just buy a pullstart.

Edited by Banana Turbo
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 7:01pm

sameer, one option you can fit is a pullstart. this comes from thunder tiger themselves and is the easiest and by far the cheapest solution. will cost you 15. god knows how much that useless EZ start is. its so crap to look at and you need a 7.2V battery to make the thing work plus a 7.2V battery charger and the amount of times ive seen the glowplug harness screw up is beyond me. you have to have the 7.2 constantly near full charge even though it can have enough to turn the engine over, it wont fire up due to the plug not glowing enough. its a weighty bugger too. plus you have to carry a 7.2V battery and cradle everywhere with you too which defeats the purpose completely. i think a pullstart will be the best option.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixy_Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 7:36pm

BT dream on...

I want to see how ur menace will do next to my Mugen MBX-5

anytime, anywhere....

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 9:18pm

Are you talking about the truggy or the MBX-5?

For a start they are both 1/8th scales, it's like compairing a serpent 720 to a 960?

And if your not talking about the truggy your MBX-5 has about what 2cm ground clearance? And you think that will go over rocks and gravel?

And Pixy black i bet my menace would beat your MBX-5 if i spent the differnce in price on an upgraded engine chassis and gears.

I think you should dream on. Fair enough though im sure that mugen is your pride and joy but "anywhere", thats a bit brave me thinks.

That MBX-5T truggy prospec looks a nice peice of kit though.

Edited by Banana Turbo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic