www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Vintage > Vintage Schumacher Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sourcing bosscat parts NIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris_leslie0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sourcing bosscat parts NIP
    Posted: 04 December 2006 at 1:57pm
 Can anyone help me as I am struggling to source some parts for my bosscat? I need the 3 spoke cat rear wheels part U1276, rear wishbones short wheelbase if poss. rear moulded off road spoiler. Also all parts neccesary to complete front driveshafts from the diff outwards and same for the rear unless someone has a pair of alloy driveshafts for the rear. any help with this will be appreciated. thanks
bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 10:58am

G'day Kris,I can help you out with most of what you need.I have a set of both front and rear 3 spoke rims for your Bosscat if you like,they are in very good barely used condition (no scratches etc..) but I dont want to split this set up so its all 4 corners on offer.I have a few sets of the 1128 rear arms new in packet but no molded spoiler im afraid.I could also supply you with all of the necassary hardware for your drive shafts too (all new loose items).Your welcome to the lot for $30usd + postage.Cheers-Jason.

Kris_leslie0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris_leslie0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 7:37pm
could you possibly post a pic of the parts on offer pls jason. much appreciated. thanks
tomstacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 7:55pm
Hi Kris, The rear HDF wings are available from Schumacher still, if you have problems finding the original one (which you may, they are very rare now)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris_leslie0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 12:47pm
hi tom think vthat is the same one that i enquired about yesterday! would be nice to get an original one tho as this one is a bit battered.
tomstacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 2:54pm
I reckon the folks on here or TamiyaClub are your best hope mate.

It may be worth a call to Schumacher though as the last time I enquired they still had Shells and Undertrays for the Bosscat.

For reference the wings from ProCat, and Cougar are very similar to the Bosscat one.
NeilD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 3:34pm
I've got a NIP BossCat shell and wing set and tray for sale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris_leslie0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 4:20pm
Got those coming already mate i meant the big meaty off road moulded wing that is available on its own part number U5041R. wouldnt mind a pair of alloy roller driveshafts for the rear tho. thanks guys.
NeilD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 6:18pm
I'm keeping the alloy rollers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris_leslie0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 7:24pm

wouldn't you consider parting with them at all?

tomstacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 10:11pm
Hehe.. We don't part easily with our alloy rollers on here! 

I have two sets, but they are under 24H CCTV surveillance!

They do come up from time to time mate.. if i see any, I'll drop you a line
bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 2:42am
I have one last brand new never used pair.I dont realy want to sell them but lets just say I did,what would you be offering?
tomstacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 8:52am
Now there's a $64000 question.. 
CATS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CATS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 8:56am

Hi all

Just thought Id let you all know, when you buy the current bodyset from schumacher it comes with the original Bosscat/Procat wing the swept back version with the side plates, thats what I received when I got mine two weeks ago and its exactly the same as my NIP Procat bodyset

I think you will be pleasently supprised Kris when you receice your new bosscat shell!

Scott

CATS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CATS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:06am

On another note

I currently can get hold of the alloy roller drive shafts and they are 25 each from a certain modelshop I got to (IM NOT TELLING YOU THE NAME!!) so as far as I can tell 50 for a set is a good starting point for how much they are worth (NOT CHEAP)

tomstacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:09am
Yup I know 5041.. Moulded Plastic, like the Yokomo ones.

I still see them in model shops.. I'd try ringing some shops up mate, you're bound to find one.
JEROEN206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEROEN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:34am

About a year ago i found a shop with many vintage parts.

i bought as many parts as i cought .

there  were also 4x rollerdriveshaft (U817) and 6x (U854) the ballraced ones .

i could buy them for 12 pounds each (a bargain)

but since then i only found only set. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris_leslie0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:58am

dunno wot id offer at the mo jason as funds are a little short just now im skinting myself as it is with my project. if you still got them in the near future then al make you an offer.

As with regards to the bodyshell and wing i will let you know which i receive as im going to pick up some ordered parts today  so hopefully.........

Anyway thanks for all the response guys. much appreciated speak again soon. Kris

NeilD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 3:55pm
Sorry Kris if they do go it's with the NIB BossCat Works.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic