www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Schumacher Race Series > Schumacher BTCC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tyres for 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyres for 2005
    Posted: 23 November 2004 at 9:41am
For 2005 we are considering introducing the use of Sorex 32R as well as 28R to provide a longer lasting tyre combination.  What do you the racers think....please give us your opinions here.
Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 11:59am

Personally, I think there was only a couple of meetings this year where 32's could have been useful. I didn't do TC, but I will in 2005, so I'm not sure.

I'll still use 28R's anyway.

luke hobson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:51pm

in my opinion this is a excellent idea chris, i have been wanting someone to propose this for the past 2 years lol

luke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 10:08am

does this mean a pre glued 32 will be available if they are used in btcc next year?

luke

GARY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 11:09am
Great idea, gives drivers even more scope for tuning, along with wheels and inserts.
MarkB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 10:39am

Yes please - we've used 32Rs successfully at a number of Stock Nationals and know they are good and at times better than 28Rs.

For those racing 19-turn and mod a firmer tyre would give longer life, which has gotta help. Especially with no modified motor limit this year

Cheers

MarkB

Jonny69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 11:38am

hi, Why not just run the sorex 32 as a control tyre (Pre-glued) without the 28 at all? This will allow people on budgets to be able to compete on  level terms, and still take out the guesswork for people who do not know what they are doing (ME).

I realise that at some events; at the colder meets there will not be as much grip, but surely it is the same for everyone? Jonathan

Remo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 6:26pm

personally I welcome that 28-32R idea, however I donīt like the pre-glued ones... I have tried to use them last season and have always preferred my own combo.

Like many I could have guessed what wheel tyre insert combo or experimented like mad and pour money down the drain but I cheated and asked Luke and Olly and funnily enough thats what I always use now...

Chaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 7:39pm

Why not just 28r tyres for dry and pitshimizu wets for the wet (of course  ) and results the number of tyres for a meeting like the brca (2 dry and 1 wet set like the stock nationals) , it works there .

Chaz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 8:45pm

becuase it wouldn't make as much money for schumacher

luke

Chaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 9:00pm

Maybe schumacher could make there own wet tyre

Chaz

Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2004 at 10:45am
The 28 works(ish) in the wet.
Scott Taylor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2004 at 5:20pm
do they???

i think it is best as how it is at the moment with just the 28r.

Scott
rc-jammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rc-jammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2004 at 8:58pm

I would like to see a 32R tyre as well as a 28R. You can get on mild-warm days as much if not more grip out of a set of 32R's than 28R's but last a few races extra.

28R's aer pretty good in the wet, as aldershot proved you can even run with a one-way and get away with it (and be quick  at the same time)

Edited by rc-jammer
Gazteb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazteb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 5:11pm

Keep it to 28R only, the same as last year. This was the one area that was sorted and apart from a couple of different insert choices it was simple and more to the point cost effective. Opening it up to another control tyre leaves you with many more combinations and therefore a lot more expense. I do agree that at times a 32R would have been a nice option or indeed a wet would have been good on a couple of occasions last season, but provided we are all on the same tyre I think that is fine, it makes for a much leveller playing field. 

Lets try and keep things fun and simple and not over complicat or overprice what is a great fun series.

Roll on next year!!

NumanR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NumanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 8:19pm

As I will be trying to race the little cars in 2005 as well as hopefully the Big 6, I would rather rule out one part of the setting up procedure, and have a single tyre choice. It seems to me having a choice of tyres only makes set up more complicated and will mean the home trackers will have an even bigger advantage on the visitors. Is this a good idea? The single control tyre is one way that costs can be reduced and reduces testing time to concentrate on other things.

If the modified guys need the option then maybe give them only the option and see if that increases entries.

Andy Reeves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Reeves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 8:25am

As someone that will be coming into the championship for the first time next year, if a single control tyre has been working so well in the past why change?  More tyre options equals more expense really esp if you want to be competitive.

why should the mod rules be different that will just cause problems if for the officals plus with the motor rule now scrapped in modified then i welcome the chalange of trying to get the maximum grip out of the car with all the power.  we will be back to the good old days of racing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 2:44pm

personally i would prefer to see the 2 tyres come in as on some occasions the 28r wasn't quite up to it, and as russ (rc-jammer) said in another thread the 32r will in some curcumstances be better than the 28r in about the same conditions and allowing more runs for the money

luke

GARY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 10:05pm

Stick with the 28R or go for both 28R & 32R, but please dont make pre-glued compulsory, as like me alot of racers re-use wheels and somtimes inserts, 2 or 3 times to keep costs down. From the tone of the other posts, most racers prefer their own choice of wheels and inserts, but above all, like to keep cost down as much as possible.

DYER1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DYER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 10:40am
Ye im with U on that 1 Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic