www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

After run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: After run
    Posted: 20 November 2004 at 4:14pm

I'm new to nitro!

I ran my XTR for the first time only using 1 tank to test her out She's second hand.

While reading through the manule it mentioned using after run after each run, will i damage my nitro by not using it. Its going to be away untill xmas ( when i'm offically alowed to use her ) Should i run after run through it or will it b ok?

Also anyone suggest a good shuie parts retailer, and advise on hopups. Cheers guys.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 4:18pm
nah it wont damages IT not her IT, calling your car her makes u seem gay, neway i aint neva used afta run oil after over a year of havin my car and it is still fine
nitromonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 4:20pm

Sorry IT

So it wont do damage even if IT is stored for a while?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 4:24pm
nope i used my xtr3e about 10 times when i first had it then left it 4 about 3 moths without a run decided to get it out after that and it still started first time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 4:26pm

Cossie any advice on hopups? i plan on break it replace it with alloy.

Dont think i wont to go 3 speed.

Mr Sparks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Sparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 5:06pm

Originally posted by cossie cossie wrote:

nah it wont damages IT not her IT, calling your car her makes u seem gay, neway i aint neva used afta run oil after over a year of havin my car and it is still fine

Get a life cossie surely calling it HIM would be gay! and what does it matter to you.

I use after run oil it displaces any moisture and is always a good idea IMO, if you are not going to use your car for a while.

Besides £2.50 to give your motor a little TLC aint going to break the bank and the extra lube is bound to help her get started from cold. 

menaceman2424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menaceman2424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 5:55pm

yeah, after run oil can't do anything besides help your car so why not spend a couple of bucks to make sure the next time u use your car it will work fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 6:03pm
Well I guess i'll go buy some then if it's only a couple of quid theres nothing to lose!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 7:02pm

p*ss off i wasnt callin him gay i said it makes him seem gay ok!

nemisis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 7:50pm

i have only just started to use after run oil. is does displace the moisture built up, nitro fuel is hygroscopic(absorbs moisture) and any sat in the crankcase cant do it any good.use especially if the cars are stored in a garage or shed but if stored indoors then only if stored for a long time, that was the advice given to me by the lads at apex models.nemisis

James-xtr-3e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James-xtr-3e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 9:32pm

Hi everyone,

I dont think you need arter run really. I've never used it in the 1.5 years I had the car. I think it is more of an  aeroplane thing really. The Thunder tiger engines are actually used mostly in planes & helecopters. But make sure you don't leave fuel in the tank when you store the car. Despite the synthetic oils, the solvent in the fuel can corrode the engine (£££££expencive£££££)

Hope this helps!!!!!

James

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 10:00pm
you can ;eave it in the tank aslong as u shake the fuel left in the tank b4 u use it
Simon Kelsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Kelsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 1:35am

Originally posted by cossie cossie wrote:

calling your car her...

Not wishing to drag this on any longer than necessary, and without going in to the ins and outs and ethics, grammatically, it is correct.

Cars, boats, countries etc are all referred to in the feminine in English, so therefore I would say that he's quite justified in referring to an R/C car as "her".

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 1:48am
well i call mine "it" not her
paulangelo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulangelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:43am
and I'm sure she dosn't take offense to that either.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 11:56am
To put my point across regarding "IT or HER" I'm sure everyone will agree that the XTR is one sexy peice of kit ( and many other R/C's ) Therefor if you find ur misses sexy u wouldn't call her IT unless u wanted a smack round the chops. So surely the same aplies to my XTR, I also call my full size car her and shes even got a name!
LongRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 12:10pm
Damn man, must have a hard time getting that oil off the bed sheets

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 12:17pm

LOL

Sometimes i'd rather play with the XTR that the misses

But theres no contest to which gives a better RIDE!

matt1049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt1049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 6:55pm

wow...this thread really changed topic since last time i read it lol

i normally find myself in a conversion referring to the rc as "that freakin' thing again..."

Fish...E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish...E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 7:54pm

Now. I don't know any gay's, but if I did, they would say yes to the lube IM(not gay!)O.......LOL

A big yes to the After run oil, Nitro tends to strip the engine of oil, some good fuels have oil in them, but I would oil up brfore storing it. Just spoke a guy who has just stripped a 3.5cc because the drive shaft had seazed up after storing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic