www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Motors Batteries and Chargers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fantom kry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fantom kry
    Posted: 17 July 2004 at 1:06pm

hi i have a fantom kry motor annd its great on some tracks but on this one track it glitches like hell when on the main straight, no1 else seems to have this trouble at the track so i was wondering if it was the motor because i have tried a new motor and the problem goes away. I have jsut added 2 shotky diodes and some capacitors to the motor to see if this helps the issue.

Thanks

Ashdown604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 1:08pm
Did you already have capacitors on the motor?
John_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 4:17pm
noit when the problem was occuring no
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 4:28pm
apparently schotty diodes can wreak some esc's units so i'd b careful

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 4:52pm

^^^ Yeah, only use schotty diodes on forward only escs.

Just try one or two capacitors, problem should be solved

olev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 9:28pm
Khm, three is the number of capacitors to have on the motor. One between pos and neg terminals, one between pos and can, one between neg and can. Schottky diode is not that important for noise reduction, it's more to protect the brake FETs in the ESC. Anyway, using one is a good idea.
Check also that your brush hoods are straight and brushes wear evenly on both sides. If they do not, this can cause extra arcing on the comm, this may result in radio noise.
ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 9:41pm

most motors come wi caps on them now, is it definitely the motor? 

Seen as it was just once could it be crystal etc

Edited by ricklee
Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:48am
You sure it isnt a PT you've got john? They dont come with caps as std but they are included in the original packaging. He has tried different crystals and it didnt help either, he was still going in more of a straight line than usual tho
ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:31am
lol harsh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:49am
Originally posted by John_s John_s wrote:

hi i have a fantom kry motor annd its great on some tracks but on this one track it glitches like hell when on the main straight, no1 else seems to have this trouble at the track so i was wondering if it was the motor because i have tried a new motor and the problem goes away. I have jsut added 2 shotky diodes and some capacitors to the motor to see if this helps the issue.

Thanks

Is there any glitching with a different motor in?

neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 1:10pm
Sticky motor brushes ??
John_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 1:16pm
its ok guys problem solved i put 3 capacitors on and it worked fine
_MO_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _MO_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 12:05am
Just FYI, Fantom is going to start selling Orion V2 based motors at around the end of the month.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic