www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Motors Batteries and Chargers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

trinity monster stock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trinity monster stock
    Posted: 16 July 2004 at 11:25am
has any1 else had any problem with the trinity monster stock motors because i have had one before and it was fine but quite a few people that i no have also had them and they blew up. who else has had this problem? i have just bought another one because they r quite quick compared to some of the other stocks available but is this one gona go bang as well? if it does i aint really bothered as long as it doesnt damage the esc.
glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 1:23pm
I keep mine well maintained and it's be good so far.
Ashdown604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 3:13pm

Mine blew up

Apparently the magnets go crap ater about 10 runs

glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 3:28pm
That fills me with confidence, i have got about 20 out of mine now, still going strong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 3:48pm

I didn't have any problems with mine before it blew up (though I didn't get that many runs in...)

I've heard many people who use it say the manets start to become really weak after a few runs. I've gone off Trinity after their 'The Truth about brushless motor' article, so I tend to use Orions- a core stock in my mi2, and a pro orbital 2 bb in my 'blade (though I cracked the diff case in that so it's not running atm ).

glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 5:06pm
I have spoken far to quickly, took my blade out and the motor has zero power now. I can only assume its the magnets that have gone

I will have to go back to my peak v2 12x2 for bashing. No good for when i'm stock racing though

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 5:09pm

sucks

I find the core is far better suited to my track anyway; way more torque.

neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 1:17am

Yep the magnets in the monsters r carp ! If the club u race at or just for genereal bashing in the street an Orion Core can & a Monster armature is great !

Ive never had a problem with my monster it has lasted me great. The reason why the magnets become unstuck etc. is due to them being overgeard/overheating

Steven.

99prokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99prokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 8:46pm
well mine went quite well wen i raced on friday actually but it was undergeared a little bit but it was faster than a core stock and a p2k2
Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 9:30pm
Well i've used my fantom silver(monster) for a couple of months now every week at the club and its still like new. The motor comes off warm after each run(not hot), its just as quick every week and the magnets are still intact and doing there job.
luke hobson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2004 at 2:23pm

i have been running monsters for about 1 and a bit years and have only ever had a problem with the first one i had when i blew it up by accident,(by over gearing)

but i have always found monsters quite good,

but this year i have been running fantom p2k2's and they have been great and i don't know why i didn't run them last year,

luke

ba57ard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ba57ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 5:42pm

Ive never had a problem with a monster, although i prefer the demon quad mag alot more.

Does anyone else have problems with the bushings on stock motors wearing down quite quickly, or is it just me? cos i found on my monster the bushings wore down quick quickly, and now my demon is starting to show signs of wear.

P.s i use fastrax bushing oil.

glypo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glypo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 5:46pm
I found normal 3-in-1 oil actually gave me a lower bushing wear rate then oil dedicated to the task.

Just have to make sure you apply it as often as you can. I also found Tamiya Bushing are a lot tougher then others as well, but i'm not sure if they increase friction or not.
Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 8:26pm
I havent experienced any bushing wear cause i dont use them, i'm a ball bearing man naughty me, but i only use stock at club level where the rules are more relaxed
ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 6:02pm

not had the trouble but i dont run stock often, have to keep an eye on mine

neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 3:14pm

Is there that much to be gained for using BB instead of bushings in the motor ?

luke hobson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 6:34pm

yeah i think i saw somewhere that adding each bearing can add either 5% to each of the figures, so that means that an extra 10% to the performance of a motor,

but as it isn't legal then personally i wouldn't use them,

luke

ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:34pm
yeah there will be a big gain, personally i think stocks should have bearings cheaper in the long run and much much better, but suppose stock means stock
Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:03pm
As i said i only use stock at the local club and everyone is allowed to use them if they want. The biggest difference i noticed was it was much more sparkier comming out of the corners, it was still the same speed as the bushed motors but i usually pull a car length or two on the bushed cars.
neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:16am

Any inparticular ?

Thinking of giving it ago.. especially at club level.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic