www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blades wolfpack project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blades wolfpack project
    Posted: 20 July 2006 at 11:12am
Well as the heading sugests i'll keep you all informed on the project with pic's and descriptions.Here is the kit from wolfgang..All anodised purple and ready to go.

First chassis difference here are a few shots to show you the difference on the two the polished one is the original Schumacher and the purple one is a Wolfgang special.As you can see the WG is slightly wider to compensate the different radio box set up, Plus the chassis is thicker to help eliminate chassis flex...

Here are the pics....
Chassis side by side

And here they are one on top of each other.....

Sitting the Schumacher chassis on the WG chassis all the holes lined up and every thig was square...

I might try the modded TTr .21 Pro in it but will most proberly wait for the MasNorFida Massive Mods CMB .21 RS PRO, These motors put out so much power that the conrod and piston have to be cnc from scratch to cope
Plus i told the engine modded that i want it to rev till the cows come home, Even Mark is keen for the magical 100mph barrier....

You can see him here
www.massivemods.com
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:37pm
Ok I started these a while back but thought id post it in here..

This is how i rebuilt my diffs and replaced the diff pulley & also ceramic ball to match it.

Ok here is the first pic out the car...

Then i dissassembled the entire diff to get this...

As you can see its quite basic all that is left is too clean the parts up and get ready for reassemble...Here is the difference in the diff pulley i went to #U2745 CNC rear diff pulley, its stronger and lighter than the original and the ball's are all in line as you will see...

And here are the ceramic ball (cheers smiley) ready for action....

Now the diff washer will have slight grooves on it and will need to be smoothend up for the ceramics to run nice and smooth, I used 800 grit then 1500 grit and then a paste to bring them back to there former glory....Here you can see one sanded up and one as it came out the car.....

Then basicly its reverse to put it back together just follow your manual if you arnt to sure and it should be smooth as a babys bum.(I use a bit of loctite on the threads to stop them comming undone)...

The alloy fences are from the R12 diff pulley kit....

nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 3:19pm
Blade if you can keep it from flying you should reach the century mark . I hit 80mph yesterday and I was not opening it all the way up, I had to slow down because I ran out of parking lot. That motor of yours must be a monster.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:32am

Hello,

Those fences wont keep much of the dirt out.

I am going to use my r12 diff fences on my front 1 way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:17am

Blade is not going to be running on a offroad track he is going after a speed record . So for what he is attempting I am sure those fences will be fine I know he is going to pick the best surface he can run on which is going to be clean & smooth.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:24am
yep i'll even take the petrol blower/vac down if i have to....lol I wasent interested if they keep the dirt out or not but the extra strength you get from the alloy fences the plastic one's can pop off at high speed....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:26am

Say Blade what is the horsepower rating for this motor you are gonna get?? How many rpms??

Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 5:29am
How much do thoses chassis cost??? Its almost time to give my car a serious makeover.
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 9:05am

thats awsome blade, and a good tut to =), i wanna get one of those new pullys!.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 1:39pm
Ok got some more done on the chassis today new belt went in and new gear pack as well have tryed some different hole configerations so only time will tell, new shims and also a new spring kit ...

Here....

A thing i noticed is the ease of replacing the gears you can do it with out having to loosen the lay shaft housings, this is a great help when out on the track as now its just a matter of undoing the nut and sliding off the gears.....

Edited by blade954
kbrembo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbrembo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:21pm

Cant wait to see this one fly...............

Good on ya!

pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 3:39pm
looking good so far. keep up the good work
Qaz96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:08pm
Looks wicked and you aint even finished yet good luck and keep up the good work!
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 6:43pm

These wolf chassis will really sell quick if wolf decised to put them into production and forget about some anodizing problems

Makin good progress so far blade, cant wait to see the finished product

bigcrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 9:01pm
Bad as Hell just like all your work before this one! Blade you are in another leauge, your cars look and run awesome and getting both is a lot harder than most know...Shes a 10 already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 9:17am
I got your pm Blade and all I can say is GOOD-GOSH!!!!
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 12:23pm
Ok squeezed a little more out after tea tonite, Car is really comming allong well have done a mock build on the radio pack to see how and why things go where they do. I like how the radio box works with the servos overlapping each other to gain a little more room for the flywheel and gear cluster..

First all middle covers on the belt are on & fuel tank reinstalled....

Next is the steering levers all bolted up perfectly with out any hiches..

Next was the radio box assembly as mentioned above really impressed how it works and bolt's together quiet a bit of thinking went into this design.....nice work wolf.....

And why not !!!!!!

I hope to have the hole car finished by the end of next week bar the motor to which i have to wait for could be a month away.....

Edited by blade954
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:07pm
you could always stick your modified ttr in there blade to see how the chassis copes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:43pm
The chassis I believe will handle just about anything. I might put my modded .46 in there!!

Edited by nitrohead5300
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:56pm
Yes I belive the chassis will handle any thing you can throw at it, Done some more to the car...

The difference between the steel shafts & the standard plastic ones..

The one on the Left is the steel one and the right standard....The front end is now on....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic