www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blades wolfpack project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 8:44pm
I think we went over this already...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 12:49am

Hello nitrohead5300,

A radiator and pump wouldnt cause much damage to performance at all. No more than swaping plastic for alloy.

As its just a 100mph challenge. (If you belive its never been done before. But i belive it has. Although maybe not wih a Shumacher Fusion chassis)

Then maybe once he has achived his goal then maybe he could try a water cooled engine.

But Vortex21 is right i was just trying to wind some one up. Because thats the first engine i found when i searched for a CMB engine.

Edited by Banana Turbo
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 1:10am
Banana Turbo , a radiator  plus a pump and a fan like heck that is not going to affect performance, too much extra weight!! Instead of you waiting for Blade  why don't you do a water cooled engine project?? 
Trems View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 7:55am
looks sweet blade, have you shortend your servo wires?
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 2:42am
Nar left them standard just neatly tucked away, This project should be running in around 2 weeks, the guy who mods my engins was away at the worlds in Jakata and then went holiday'ing around Hong Kong...lol just waiting for the custom conrod to get back........
Trems View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 8:20am

looking forward to seeing this in action mate...

The reason i asked about teh servos is that i was going to cut and re-crimp the wires but instead i found the easiest way is to drop teh bottom cover off the servo itself and simply un-solder the wires, then trim and re-solder so they are the perfect length. Just thought you might want to do it on yours?

Also what body are you going to be running?...im thinking you'll need something wedge-shaped or with a decent rear spoiler to stop you taking off and/or spinning the wheels when all that power comes in! 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 10:55am
hey Trems , I mentioned that ages ago , I agree it works GREAT,and do it myself , but some IDIOT had to get on here and say you must wreck plenty of servo's ,I guess some people just have no IDEA
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 9:47pm

Hello,

Yeah thanks for that Trems. I think i will give that a go.

Good job i have a few broken servos lieing around to practice on first hey.

Thanks again.

Trems View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 11:09pm

here is a pic of mine ^^^

Just make sure you use a fine tip on your iron, and take care not to overheat the PCB of you could damage it ;)

Good luck!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 3:55am

yep I'm guessing soldering is a bit to hard for the mentally challenged, I would of liked to see the pile of melted servos that tossa said it wrecks them !   

give it a go banana ! just rember to make sure to iron is nice and hot so you dont have to hold it on for ages waiting for the solder to melt thats where people go wrong, dont muck around just get in and do it quick there for no heat will damage anything  ! 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 7:09am

Hello,

Yes, that was what i was just thinking about. My soldering iron is the cheapest of the bunch. I was wondering if it will get hot enough to melt the good Solder if its been used on the servo.

I know most people on the electric forum swear by only the highest quality high temprature solder with loads of silver in it.

It's no big deal if worst comes to the worst i can buy a new Iron that does get hot enough.

Thanks again.

Edited by Banana Turbo
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 9:34am

Ok getting back on track i havent posted for a while have been busy with other projects but getting back on track...

here are a few pics on my MasNorFida modified CMB RS Pro custom rod and ti coated internals...

All tollerances were done by hand by mark to ensure perfect fit..

Mark did the porting in a Wolf like pattern as if a wolf had swiped it looks great.....

And during the run in.....

What we have done is the following

The basic engine is the CMB RS Pro off road engine, we Titanium coated the crank, Ported the sleeve in a "Wolf" like patten , Meaning the ports look like a wolf or tiger swiped them ... I thought it would be cool to add to the engine seeing a lot of thechassis mods came from Mr Wolf himself
We changed the front bearing to a high speed C5 ABEC 3 Phenolic
Gutted the Case and re worked the insides , It looks like a mirror inside now with all the re flow porting and corner flows. We had to meter the inner workings of the motor to see what had to be done, this is a tedious task with smoke and fluid flow tests but we managed to detect some places where we will have gotten about another 10% gain over the standard Flowtech mods. This obviously translates to better mods all round.
We replaced the standard rod with a MasNorFida custom lightened rod. I Custom cut the top and bottom bushings to suit the pins.
Swapped out the CMB Red head which is really high for the Rally green head which is about 18mm shorter. Better CG and better clearence , we may still chop the top fin off yet.. We chopped it took another 5 mm off the top !
We installed my favirite Mario Rossi carb which has been tested and sealed. I changed the plastic 8mm insert to a 9.3 mm alloy custom cut
The engine is Officially a Stage 5 Flowtech MasNorFida , We can take the engine up to Stage 9 if need be, but i designed the motor for top end speed with less strain on the drive train at low rpm, my only worry is when the car hits second depending on the gearing that is when you will see the acceleration curve kick in. If the engine was for all out acceleration we would have done it differently..

It is now ready for run in which ill be doing on a prop bench with some special run in formula i make up to bed in all the surfaces and indeed to see if the engine works. Sometimes too much work can result in teething problems but im confident the engine will run well. Ill report on its run in after thursday. : )

Here is a short video as well running the CMB in on the bench...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTH-VHFgoX8

Blade

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 2:42pm

Blade thats stunning! Some beautiful work!

Are you confident that it will go 100mph?

pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 4:47pm
is that you in the vid blade? im guessin it is cos of the aussie accent
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:09am

If we dont hit 100mph we dont but I will be giving it my best shot....

The Person in the Video is Mark De'Bernard from Massive Mods....

Like wolf said most prop get 99 MPH.....lol

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:37am

Yeah sods law.

pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 10:03am

well i'd like to guess it will hit over 100mph for two reasons. firstly the engine and pipe choice cant really be any better for the job and secondly, it will depend on your gearing. you can theoretically work out the ratios of the gears, the circumference of the wheels, the distance moved in one revolution and then work out the distance required with that gear ratio to get the car to 100mph.

i reckon you could do it providing you find a large enough space to get the car to top out. you could experiment with different ratios to get a good compromise.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 12:32pm

Ok been playing with the clutch system today finally a alloy 3 shoe clutch, mated to the Wolf pinion......

And here is the Pinion on the motor as well.....All ready to go......

All the gears are screw on and screw off so changing gearing will be easy now.....

Here a a few pics of wolfs assembly and the original schumacher one.

And a few in the car......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 1:04pm
That new clutch system should not slip at all!! The clutchbell is wider and covers up the clutchshoes completly which means more power transfered to the ground !! Good job.

Edited by nitrohead5300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 1:59pm
Yup !! not gonna have any slip with that clutch!! How many teeth does 3rd gear have on it??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic