www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blades wolfpack project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qaz96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 11:40am

Nice one Blade 

Qaz

r5gtt2k3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r5gtt2k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 3:25am
Wow im so glad i read this post, My eyes are sore but Jesus christ your car is hot, hope it all works out dude, im trying to make my car slower, There is not many places around here that i can take my little motor out for a spin :( but i really do hope you Get over 100Mph, im guessing you will get 117Mph ! and you will be thinking you could get more ... Fantastic read, Beautiful car = Job well done
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 12:47pm

Ok peeps my Team R12 arrived last week so i put some of the alloy on the F-21.... Alloy hubs and the threaded alloy shocks as well.....

The Fusion now sits a little lower..hehehe

Now the little brother is under way as well the R12, I pulled it apart and inspected it and all was good and so it was click on the net and ordered the OS TZ 18(p) and rebuild the car for action when the engine arrives, This is for the Young lad so he can try and keep up with dad when we arnt racing in the dirt.    lol......

Thinking of doing a WRX shell the same as mine but white ????

Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:22pm
nice blade, and another WRX body wouldn be bad either. you know you will have to get the 18 modded too so it will be a fair race when you and your son are running around.
splint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:51pm

Looks good blade  

Adam

nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:53pm
Even in stock form the OS .18 TZ may surprise you!! I believe you will be pleasantly surprised, just make sure you run it on a high traction area, so you can get it to hook up. If you are running a high speed oval with long straights it should be able to almost keep up until you hit 3rd gear. I would estimate that my R-40 with the OS TZ.18 in it is hiting 70mph so it is fast !! This motor has alot of bottom end and wants to rev!! You might want to gear tall on your R-12 so you are not constantly spinning out in 1st gear.  In my opinion the .18 TZ is one of the best motors you can get for the money especially if you are parking lot bashing.

Edited by nitrohead5300
bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:49pm
nice one blade i did the same last week and i was thinkin of changin out the novarossi sx.12 on mine any one know about this motor like wuts the digets on it
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 1:51am
Yep was gunna run the TZ stock nitro what pipe combo are you running i was looking at the original fusion pipe but some where around here i have a RB 1/10th pipe i could also use..... Engine should be here next week.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 3:34am
I am just using a old Fusion pipe but the RB pipe you have should be a much better choice.
bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 3:45am

blade wut kind of pipe is on your wolf

and is it steel and the big block stickers i need some of those

Edited by bucci
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 5:42am

Bucci the pipe is a Fantom steel pipe from a MGT

The stickers you are after are from the HPI savage SS K4.6 kit there are heaps of big block stickers....

bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 6:12am

how does that pipe work out for you and thanx i see you got rid of those usless torx that was the first thing i did wen i got my wolf and those shock mounts wut are those from

Edited by bucci
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 9:20am

The alloy shock mounts were on the R12 when i got it so i guess it could be genuine mounts but im not sure.... The torx with the correct drive ant to bad im leaving the torx on the R12......

I just cant get over the weight diference on these to chassis, playing today you could mount a .21 in the R12 but would be a tight fit....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:34am
R-12 with a .21 in it ?? Rate of acceleration should be quite brutal with lighter pullies and smaller belts combined with a lighter chassis!! Acceleration should be explosive!!

Edited by nitrohead5300
bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:17pm
if the belts could take it and blade my r12 didnt have those it is a team car to it had the same as the fusiun21
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:47pm

I would think the .21 from the stock fusions would be a direct drop-in on the r-12 wouldn it, dont know about a regular sized .21 fitting in.

bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:53pm
no it wont fit its to wide and the crank is to long too
mi2driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 12:18am
blade  the alloy shock mounts were std on the r12 team but opitions on r12,the r12 team also has different shock towers i think they are from the mission part no u2444 and u2443 not to metion the rear shocks are in front of the drive shafts  and front and rear alloy hubs 

Edited by mi2driver
bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 12:30am
ok dude
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 12:49am
Guys all you need to do is configure up a belt tentioner that pulls the belt along the top of the upper deck and along the botton of the chassis to help clear the engine, and remove the tentioner from the front, But im leaving this one alone but it could be done, But yes nitro the chassis is very light and schumacher could have been on a winner if they were to develop it further, but inventing unracable fun trucks seams the easy'est avenue to follow latley pitty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic