www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Supercharged Menace....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hutchybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supercharged Menace....
    Posted: 13 July 2006 at 12:03pm

A forum newbie Menace30 (welcome!) has posted a pic of his supercharged menace in the tips section.

As we have had so many discussions in the past regarding superchargers, I thought this might be good opportunity for us to actually ask someone that actually runs a supercharged rc some questions!!

Here is the pic...

http://forum.radiostyrt.no/download.php?id=6592

Stick your questions down and hopefully he will read and reply!!

I will start the ball rolling.

Is there a vast difference in performance since fitting the charger???

Edited by hutchybee
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 2:24pm

Hello hutchybee,

I think it's the usual opinion. Super chargers on all cars are very expensive for the power gained. It's probably the most expesive thing to do to an engine to get power gain and even then the power gain is minimal.

Same again i think your better off getting ceramic bearings and making a lighter weight chassis. For better performance. Or you could do what blade did. Thats a standard thunder tiger on there. Maybe should of got it modded first.

I was going to say one thing thats true is they look GREAT! But with hat twisty peice of wire on there doing what ever. Maybe not!

Edited by Banana Turbo
hutchybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hutchybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 4:56pm

The point of this thread is to hear the view of someone that has actually run a supercharged rc. We have had many debates on here about chargers and I bet not one of us has had first hand experience.

I wanted a view other than my own subjective one. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak! So come on horse, start speaking!

Is it brilliant or is it crap?!!!! 

Menace30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menace30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 6:33pm
If you want a cool ride, install it...
It is not CRAP!!!!!!!!
a strait line, 120meters..... 1.3sec faster.. Better midrang speed.
The car is extremly fast. Looks insane

Why i use it: It looks cool!! i ONLY drive TUNED(special tuned) cars...
One of a kind.... 

It use more fuel, run at same temp and it is drive better because it gain more traction in the back...... Goes like a DREAM!!
It is expensive, gain small amout of speed. Another tuning can get more speed for det money.. New engine, lighter chassi and use of titan parts..

Edited by Menace30
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 7:36pm
So in other words, get it if you want a car that looks good under the body. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 7:44pm

Hello hutchybee,

Just to inform you. I have got a supercharger on my fusion.

So thats 0.1 a meter. Great!

A super charger kicks in sooner than a turbo. Running off the crankshaft rather than the Exhaust fumes.

The power using a supercharger, comes in quicker than a turbo.

Edited by Banana Turbo
Coxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 7:55pm

i found a link to some dude doing some serious test with a supercharger on a savage. he also tested Nos. he also tested Nos + Supercharger.

it didnt have me 100% convinced, but definately made me look at them a bit more seriously.

anyhoo....big up to Menace30 for doing what he wants to do!

buddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:00pm
does anyone know where i can buy a nitrous kit and does it add extra fuel like in a real car
Coxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:07pm

found the thread. makes for an interesting read..

http://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399&am p;page=2

page 3 is where it starts actually getting review.

Menace30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menace30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:11pm
http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog/index.php

1liter of fuel is gone....  Just come back inside. burning up some fuel.
For the curent time i use Modellracingfuel 20% nitro/15% oil.
Goes like a DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!

I only tuning for FUN!! it`s expensive, but i DONT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!
 I want to have fun. Try someting new..

I`m wondering about the new Traxxas Jato 3.3 now.. Fine tune it........
Menace30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menace30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:19pm
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8265784173772851687%

My first video of the car with supercharger.. Only 30% Overdrive pulley
installed. Now i have 50% overdrive pulley (http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath /21_26/products_id/49)

More speed

just drive with my rc is relaction and fun. Time for my self with my buddies... Away from wife and children..
Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:40pm
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7632211729087286881   Lmao watch this video right now...
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:48pm

the only thing i would consider getting is nitrous since that is direct port and actually combusts inside the chamber but i wouldnt feel to comfortable.

i would much prefer a modded engine

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic