www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bosscat lubrication

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a2themfk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bosscat lubrication
    Posted: 16 June 2006 at 7:51pm

can anyone point me in the right direction of what lubrication to use and where on an old bosscat ive got up and running again, its been stored away for a few years, its only for the street if that makes any differance.

cheers Darren

DaHomie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaHomie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 10:38pm
After a few years of storage the first thing I would do is to take the whole car apart.
Then I would clean out all the sealed bearings (with the seals off) using motorspray and re lubricate them using a ball bearing oil.
Then I would thoroughly clean all thrust bearings and differentials and re lubricate the diffs and thrust bearings using good quality diff grease.
Then I would also dismantle the shocks, clean them out thoroughly and rebuild them with new shock oil.

When the whole car is taken apart I would of course also clean out gravel, dust and other debris from all other parts.

Hope this will get you started.

a2themfk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a2themfk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2006 at 11:00pm

in the process of stripping the cat down.

what type of diff lubricant is best, oil or grease ?

where is the best place to source the above oil/grease ?

any pointers would be a help.

cheers darren

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic