www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > 1/8th RallyCross
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

swift pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swift pro
    Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:48am
i ahve just purchased a swift pro , , hasnt arrived yet but i have the orinal photo how can you tell the pro from the swift 2 rtr ?
dave g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 12:26pm

err its not rtr... lol

the pro doesnt come with any electrics or engine etc..

it has 7075 copper coloured alloy rather than 60XX purple alloy...that the easiest spotter.

stonecold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 2:05pm
thanks mate , the purple alloy IS the give away , me thinks this person is tring to have my leg up , it does come with radio gear and an engine but the engine is the one supplied with the swift 2 (if you purchased a pro you tend to put more of a race jobbie in it) and being used and having a clear out its not uncomman to sell your pro (swift/hyper whatever) with engine and radio inc ,but every picture i see of the swift2 looked exactly like this 'PRO VERSION' i have purchased , the saga will continue
dave g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 2:24pm

you bought off ebay?

link???

dave

stonecold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:08pm

as you can see its descrided a swift 2 pro , have tried to find info on the swift 2 pro thru google but i have not been very successful

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=605 9857418&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

as you can see buy the price it was a lot conceidering a brand new un run swift 2 just went thru ebay for 160

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:39pm
dont know much about these cars but if anything it looks very hopped up for an rtr
dave g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 10:19pm

nope thats a bog standard swift2 with a hyper 7 body on it..i would not have paid that mate..no way.

i would claim my money back under false advertising and send the car back..he said its a swift pro and it certainly isnt..

dave

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 10:21pm

Looks all plastic with some carbon fibre print to me.

And IMO you should not run an air filter like that!

It looks like their is no oil in it and there should IMO be a covering foam.

Rear wheels look skinny to me.

Nice car though and a snap at 200.

If he has rebuilt it and replaced any worn parts.

Although saying that, looks like the tyres are worn out.

Edited by Banana Turbo
dave g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 10:40pm

its not a snap at 200...you can pick new ones up on ebay for less :(

thats a stock hyper 7 airfilter...they are single element.

i would seriously reconsider sending it back and claiming a refund as the item is not as decribed.

stonecold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:10pm
i do agree with dave on the price ,was looking at hyper 7s but they were tatty or i got out bid . see the swift , see the carbon and the alloy and the word 'PRO' and had to make a very quick decision as it was due to end , i am waiting to hear what the seller has to say about it , we will just have to wait and see , if he has misdecribed it i WILL get a refund and start looking again , nice to see the hyper body fits thou i have one in ferrari race colours ready to fit
ME:MTC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME:MTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:02pm
well the only pro bit i can see on it. is the bumper
stonecold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 7:24pm
there is a splash guard as well , all 7 of it lol
stonecold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:33pm
hi back again , just found another swift 2 pro rtr ,with purple bits , this time its new , genuine and in germany so the chances are the one i have purchased is a non uk version , thank for your helpfull imput on this matter guys
dave g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:36pm

err your not listening...they dont make pros rtr..and certainly not purple,but hey its your money :)

dave

dave g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:39pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nanda-Schumacher-Swift-2-Pro-4WD-1-8-W ettbewerbs-buggy_W0QQitemZ7422227915QQcategoryZ74309QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

if you mean that one its a swift 2 not a swift pro..listen to what people who know about them are telling you not what dumb ebay sellers are flogging.

stonecold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 7:41pm
thanx dave g ,i know loads about either 1/10th tourers and 1/8th monster trucks but diddly squat about rally x , i think i will get the seller to view this page to make understand what the problem is , yet again many thanx
stonecold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 10:35pm
and but the way dumped the swift and got me a crono
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 9:53am
I to Just got one of these Swift Pros for the young lad, Who wants to start racing, Will put up some pics soon. One thing ive found with the swift is the shock shaft keeps breaking and remadies for this....
dave g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 9:57am

the swift pro is a much much better car than the swift 2

bigger shock shafts too,never broke one.

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 10:13am
Cheers technicly mine is a Nanda no purple or Shuie stickers anywhere but that will all change...lol  Any one run one with a TTr .21 Pro like the one in the Fusion....I think for the young lad it will be a good weapon of choice.....Out the Box i was very impressed with the Buggie looks strong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic