www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTR Havoc or Not........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbrembo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RTR Havoc or Not........
    Posted: 19 May 2006 at 9:20am

Havoc RTR ($740)with the stick control or go for Kit($620)and add my own radio gear.If I get my own radio gear what should I buy(In Australia)

I can get a JR COBRA for $120 but was told I would need a stronger servo$69

Help

Cheers

Keith

jollyjumper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollyjumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 9:43am
buy a non rtr, get your own gear
kbrembo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbrembo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 9:57am

Originally posted by jollyjumper jollyjumper wrote:

buy a non rtr, get your own gear

Sugestions on affordable gear?

KB

saqmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saqmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:45am
The RTR radio gear is about as budget as it can get.. I bought the RTR stuff and have since upgraded the steering servo to a futaba high-torque version (35).. does the job.. depends what you want really.. i'd prefer a pistol-grip tx but i'll settle for stick at the moment..
simonfb10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:49am
The radio gear that comes with the havoc is barly fit for role, get a higer torque servo for the stearing.
kbrembo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbrembo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:52am

Originally posted by simonfb10 simonfb10 wrote:

The radio gear that comes with the havoc is barly fit for role, get a higer torque servo for the stearing.

JR Cobra any good?

Regards

KB

GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 2:55pm

Any Futaba kit is affordable and good. 

Never heard of that company, www.apexmodels.co.uk are the worlds biggest schumacher retailer and have always given me the best service.

Doh!  Your from Australia, umm, couldn't possibl say but apparently Frontline or something are a rip of...

Graham

Edited by GBDUO
bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 3:15pm
here in the states we have jr racing i never herd of jr cobra
kbrembo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbrembo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by GBDUO GBDUO wrote:

Any Futaba kit is affordable and good. 

Never heard of that company, www.apexmodels.co.uk are the worlds biggest schumacher retailer and have always given me the best service.

Doh!  Your from Australia, umm, couldn't possibl say but apparently Frontline or something are a rip of...

Graham

Yeah Oz is expensive for lot's of things.....I can usually order from UK or Hong Kong,pay for postage and still save $$$$

Regards

Keith

simonfb10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by kbrembo kbrembo wrote:

Havoc RTR ($740)with the stick control or go for Kit($620)and add my own radio gear.If I get my own radio gear what should I buy(In Australia)

I can get a JR COBRA for $120 but was told I would need a stronger servo$69

Help

Cheers

Keith

$740 for the havoc?????? omg. Whats the exchange rate to GBP?
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 6:46pm

ummm...two secs

Is maths not brill!?

Graham

Vortex21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortex21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 7:21pm
LOL 2 stick controllers is real old school. JR Cobra never heard of it either.
kbrembo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbrembo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 12:57am

Originally posted by Vortex21 Vortex21 wrote:

LOL 2 stick controllers is real old school. JR Cobra never heard of it either.

So does the UK version have stick a controller?

Here is the link for the JR Cobra

http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_model_radio_control/jr_prop o_cobra_rc_control.htm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollyjumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 10:58am
seems like an older model, i've got a graupner jr xr-6 really happy with it an 2 futaba s9451 and an novak xxl in my havoc. that is a 500 euro setup lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollyjumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 11:21am
forgot to mention the failsafe
bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 12:46pm

your new xr-3 is the old xs2 chan. here in the US now is the new spektrum dx3 & dx2 wich is made by jr racing seems thay just keep rotating that same old controler shell

the xr-3 is the replacement for the jr racing cobra

kbrembo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbrembo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 12:07am
Originally posted by bucci bucci wrote:

your new xr-3 is the old xs2 chan. here in the US now is the new spektrum dx3 & dx2 wich is made by jr racing seems thay just keep rotating that same old controler shell

the xr-3 is the replacement for the jr racing cobra

So is it any good....better than the RTR stick control?

Would I need a High torque servi also?

Cheers

Keith

simonfb10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 12:25am
The stick version is poo. the servos are rubbish.
To be honest, if yo've got alot of money to throw at the havoc on option parts then great other wise, dont buy it
bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:23am
yes the jr set is very good or spektrum it is even better the standerd isn't any good i got my menace21 artr and got the spektrum dx-3. the rtr gear is umm trash
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:40am
kbrembo - Here you can pick up LST2 radio gear for around $90... smileysmiff just scored some for $65. Its a JR XR3i just restamped with Team Losi logos.
People are seperating them from their LST2s because most people that buy them already have the JR XS3. They most likely wont come with servos though.

PM me if your interested and i'll hook you up with a chop shop
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic