www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wheel base long or short

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100mphfusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wheel base long or short
    Posted: 14 May 2006 at 3:13pm

guys what is the best for cornering long or short  

hutchybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hutchybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 3:23pm
Long.
Mark B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 3:29pm
Short is best for cornering, long is best for stability. Trying to get it to handle at 100mph?
hutchybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hutchybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 3:40pm

To corner at 100mph in a fusion I think is virtually impossible. If its too short Mark doesnt cornering become more difficult?

I own a Menace GTR 300mm wheelbase and a Hyper one seven 400mm wheelbase. Both have the same .28 motor fitted. On the straight the Menace is quicker but more twitchy and round corners it spins out if I attack it too hard. But with the Hyper I can attack the track as hard as I like. If it starts to slide, it happens slow enough to give time to correct it and therefore very rarely do I lose control of it.    

Edited by hutchybee
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 3:45pm

i think there is like a range where wheelbase is supposed to be in. longer or shorter i think then handling becomes crap. but longer is better than shorter anyway

col7104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col7104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:17pm

In touring's case, shorter will give you a more pointy car that turns harder. Longer will smoothen it out, but when your on a very tight track then you'll want it short to get round the slower bends. If your on an open track you'll want it long to keep the stability mid corner and speed up.

I thought of all people, the Schumacher God should know that

hutchybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hutchybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:35pm
Thank you Col. There you go Schumacher God. We now bow to your inferior knowledge.
100mphfusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100mphfusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:22pm

u c  i tried it both ways and it doesnt seem to make a difference it still spins round in a circle when cornering ...... so its not that i dont know it s that  they dont work as  i would hav expected

col7104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col7104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:25pm
It's one of the tuning methods thats very fine. It isn't somthing you would do as a first thing to change the car. More of a finishing touches thing. If you need help on spinning while cornering, you'll need to give details on what sort of corner (high speed, low speed, tight, open), under what throttle (on power, off power, balanced) and whereabouts in the corner (turn in, mid, or coming out).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic