www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BossCat Box Art?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lux Graphics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BossCat Box Art?
    Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:00pm

Hello folks! I'm a custom RC painter here in the U.S. (www.luxgraphics.com)

My client want's me to paint his BossCat like the box art, but the 3 photos I've found on the 'net are not very clear. Especially the front half of the car.

If anyone could send me, or point me in the direction of, a good photo of the car on the box, I'd be very grateful. E-mail is chris@luxgraphics.com or you can PM me on this site.

Thanks!

-Chris Hults

chiprandall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiprandall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 7:50am

Hi Chris, its your client, I have tried some of these guys and found that photos of Bosscat Boxart are not easy to come by, maybe you will have better luck. Maybe someone will take a photo of the box and post it for us.  On another note, Chris does awesome work if anyone in the states needs paint work.

Chad

BossCat_Works View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 11:17am
i got nib kit i have photos of the box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 11:25am

Lux Graphics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lux Graphics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 2:39pm

Thanks BossCat_Works!

I think maybe the box photo itself isn't very clear . Those are good photos and I still can't see the design on the nose! Between that and the instruction photo you sent, Chad (I played with the contrast & midtones to try to get the design on the nose. . . ) I will improvise on the very nose there.

I've got all 3 sketched out and will start cutting them today. You 'mates across the pond are going to like his Cougar '95 .

Thanks a million, guys! I love doing replicas because there is always a committed community there to help out .

-Chris Hults, Lux Graphics

Edited by Lux Graphics
bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 3:20pm
Not to throw a spanner in the "WORKS" but could this be the true body work for the WORKS Bosscat?Its from a genuine Schumacher brochure.
bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 3:22pm
Anyway Chad my friend ,now you have a choice (if it were mine to make I'd go the black body). Man I just want one!

Edited by bormac
uk_in_oz_racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk_in_oz_racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 3:25pm
YO folkes, the bosscat isnt really to good  an example of good box art.......if anything the prcocat original with the pink/green etc stipes was the a good one in my books....and maybe the cat3000 was good, but the rest wansnt to crash hot.......thats my thinks..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 3:54pm
chiprandall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiprandall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 7:33am
You guys are awesome, thanks for all the help. I know the Bosscat boxart is not that great but I wanted one of my three to have the original paintscheme. I have two more unpainted Bosscat bodies and I now just may do one in a works replica, that is very nice looking. Thanks again Matt, Jason, and Mitch.
Lux Graphics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lux Graphics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 2:40pm

Happy Ending! I hope Chad doesn't mind me posting these, but you were all so helpful I wanted to share the end result. . .

Also I thought the English might approve of his Cougar '95. . .

NeilD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 6:31pm
Man they are both awesome, really, really well done
bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 9:19pm
Chad's going to be stoked with this lot.Good work

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossCat_Works Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 11:55pm
awesome
uk_in_oz_racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk_in_oz_racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 9:39am
Hey dude i mighty approve of the ENGLISH one......job well done
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 5:28pm
Sweet paint jobs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic