www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Off Road
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

club 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 460cixy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: club 10
    Posted: 20 April 2006 at 10:04am
the diff seems to be sliping  i have set it up like the book says and it still slips under hard acceleration? any ideas?
460cixy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 460cixy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 10:54am
schumacher club10 buggy its an oldie but a goodie
bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 1:33pm
If its the belt drive transmission you will have to keep turning the eccentrics till it stops.If it becomes too much of a hassle I have a later model club10 gear drive transmission.Cheers-Jason.
Axis pro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axis pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 1:47pm
have you checked the thrust race in the diff ? is is slipping once its been run for a bit or just slipping no matter how tight ?
460cixy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 460cixy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:23pm

Originally posted by Axis pro Axis pro wrote:

have you checked the thrust race in the diff ? is is slipping once its been run for a bit or just slipping no matter how tight ?

its that tight its like its locked but still slips. can i just glue it together or somthing so it is a locker. its not the belt sliping

bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 2:44pm
I think I might have an idea of whats going on here.Ive been having a similar problem with my PRO diff.Im running some stupid power through my transmission,with a lot of battery power.In fact I dont reckon the mod class ever ran so much power through this transmission set up.My belt doesnt slip at all,Ive adjusted the eccentric housing properly however,the diff plates are heating up with the stress and the plastic out drive is MELTING!(you know where the alloy meets the plastic through the early hub style fixings).Thus allowing the diff to slip as it needs to be retightend.I have pulled the trans and diff down half a dozen times and the diff screw is not coming loose because I keep using quality screw cement on the thread.Has anybody had these problems??? 
Axis pro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axis pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 3:58pm
i tottally melted a cougar 2 diff using a yokomo wing 27 stock motor years ago the diff once cooled was like a spoon !!!!!!! i had to buy another diff but never found this prob again on the works diff ! the out drives do melt but so does the enturnall pully ! try using diff oil instead of grease i use it in my axis an its smoother with less resistance ! about 1000 wt silicone oil the nitro guys use it an because its wet it may help with the heat a little a good mod would be to use alloy outdrives out of an axis ! i have no way of seeing  if this could be done as i no longer have my cougar ! o ye n if it gets to hot the outdrive melts around the diff lock nut so it just spins when you go to tighten it ! hope this is of some help ! 
bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 4:40pm
So you can buy alloy out drives???
imull2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imull2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 6:18pm

The club 10 is a geared gearbox therefore it's not the belt and the diff is different to the belted ones from the original Cougars.

I have to agree with Axis Pro that it sounds like the nut is spinning. Can you see it when you try to tighten the diff? (the nut that is?)

Axis pro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axis pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 6:33pm
as far as im aware you cant get alloy outdrives for the cougar but without looking at a cougar diff for sizes i cant say if id be able to adapt the diff n box for alloy axis outdrives either its one to think about tho an would cure the prob but a works diff may be a cheaper option if you can find one an i never had a prob with the works diff just the sport ! the other thing is your car ballraced or bushed couse ballracing it wouldnt solve your prob but once solved the ballraces would eliminate some stress on the gear box an help it from not happening again 
bormac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bormac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 11:22pm
Ian are you aware that there are 2 different types of Club10's? I own a few and they have the gear drive tranny.They also have the black plastic shock housings.Wasnt there an earlier model with the red shock bodies and the belt drive tranny?
imull2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imull2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 11:38pm

Ohhh, I didn't know that Sorry if I've mislead anyone, I'll get me coat......

Ian

Edited by imull2001
460cixy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 460cixy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 1:20am
my out drives were melted when i got the car but the bloke changed them and showed me how and it dident slip for a few runs but then stasrted sliping and thats what melts them im going to go back to a 540 motor cause i dont race it so i have no need for the hot motor thats on it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic