www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Electric Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diff ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20 SMOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diff ?
    Posted: 12 April 2006 at 12:03am
on the mission are the thrust bearing needed ( i am buying new ones )and can you adjust the diffs for more or less steering
Axis pro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axis pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 1:33am
any diff needs the trust bearings unless its a geared diff ! you can adjust the diff for more or less slip ! the tighter the front diff the harder the front wheels work together to bring the car round the corner but you need some slip because if you draw the line of the corner for each wheel you will see that the side of the car thats on the outside face of the corner travels further than that of the inside there for for one side to travel further an run smooth the diff has to slip one of the wheels so momentarily if the car were 4 wd it would in theory become 2wd 1 ft an 1 rr dependin which the diff alows to slip without the diff slipping the car will jog on corners if the diff were to lose you would increase the time the car spends on 2wd rather than 4 so less drive = less speed because there are less wheels putting the power down hence why sports cars have limited slip diffs ! they get the slip they need but no more n no less a good starting point on the mission would be pinch tight then half a turn back on the front and pinch tight and 3 quarters of a turn back for the rear an see how you go on ! but no tighter or you will damage the diffs by spliting a thrust race or undue preasure on the diff balls ( you can actually wear them to an almost square shape if run to tight ) if you want to lock the front diff buy a spoon ! hope this is of some help !
20 SMOKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20 SMOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 1:42am
this does help the mission is my first elect car i ran nitro for three years Ntc3, R40, Mtx3. the mission diffs were nothing i had seen before thats why i asked the ?. thanks for the reply
Axis pro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axis pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 1:49am
any time mate i also have loads of mission spares if your interested pm me ! glad it was of help to you tho !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic