www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Schumacher Race Series > Schumacher BTCC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wrexham

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wrexham
    Posted: 10 April 2006 at 6:42pm

hope everyone had a good day at wrexham.

my day was going ok until i spun and got collected in the 2nd final, shattering a wishbone

other than that it was a good day, nice to see all the people that i know from here and e-mail, its nice to put a face to the names.

how blummin cold was it though?! my hands were going propper numb towards the end of the day, the wind was just wickedly cold.

whats the usaul gearing for a 19t outdoors? i geared mine pretty high (or so i thought) and was still getting eaten alive down the straight.

and was it just me or was there no grip whatsoever!

anyway good to see you all and roll on bedworth, at least i've got a setup for that track in the cold!

mi2 maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi2 maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 7:30pm

Hi Terry

What tyres did you run 28's or 32's ? I used 28's and had loads of grip just no speed

Must thank Mark B and Tim Walden for helping me out with parts after my BIG incident with the Marshall

Must agree about the cold !!!

Paul.

telboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 8:07pm

ran 28's.

the grip wasn't too bad at the end but i'didn't get the chance to give it a real good thrash due to my accident.

i think it was mainly down to temp and wind blowing the car about through the turns. thats why sometimes you had grip and then you didn't i think.

*~*~mental note~*~*

must paint shell brighter so people can see me, and not hit me......

Jason View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 10:06pm
Tel,

Gearing depends on what motor you are running

Epic based start at 5.15
V2, Atlas & Top based start at 4.6

You might need a cooling fan to pull these ratios with out and performance drop at 4 mins. Not that it was a problem this weekend

Jason
telboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 6:26pm

thats why then.

i was running a v2 at 5.4

so i was a little out.

Jason View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 9:19pm
Tel,
I have known V2's to be geared as high as 4.2 at some tracks. The V2 brush is the same width as a stand up and it does seem to loose out a little because you don't get as much brush wrap around the comm as a lay down motor. This means the segments are not energised for as long and the effective advance is lower.

Jason
telboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 12:07am
will this take more out of the cells then?
Kermode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kermode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 10:07am

how do the points work in the btcc championship.

looking at the 19t class, what you did in the final had very little effect on your overall championship position.
was it worth freezing on the rostrum, ?

i qualified 6th, my overal finals position was 5th, and im 6th in the championship, yet dewi jones won both A finals and is below me.

Edited by Kermode
dickey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 11:02am

I DONT THINK THE SERIES OVERALL SECTION ON WREXHAM SITE

IS A FINISHED ITEM, I THINK IT STILL NEEDS CONVERTING INTO

ACTUAL POINTS TOTALS & THE ORDER WILL THEN CHANGE !

AT THE MOMENT THE ORDER IS EXACTLY THE QUALIFYING ORDER !

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS ??

DICKEY.

pricey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 4:38pm

yes i think your right dickey , wrexham site doesnt show the championship posistions .

kermode i think you are 7th in 19t in the championship

Mission_carbon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mission_carbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 7:14pm
Has any one got pics from Wrexham or a link?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic