www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help Now!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 11:31pm
nope u heard wrong. y would a 27 turn motor be 39.99 while a 5.5 is 199.99. do da math. and my ****ing fusion is sick. it got so hot the gears melted together!!!!
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:50am

dude, you have been asking what motors are and by the sounds of it you dont know the specifics of motors. i have been into electric cars for around 3-4 years and i used to race quite a hot HPI Sprint. 27 turn motors have more power because A: they are more efficient, and B: the more turns means better power and acceleration. it also depends on the motor type. Vantage V2 motors i think for past experience are all the same if you buy a 20 down to a 12 i think they are all the same price.

also note that for LEGAL racing 12 turn is the most powerful motor you are allowed. anythign below a 12 is not permitted. so 11, 10, 8, 7 turn motors are not legal for racing. bearing in mind you are wanting to start learning electrics and that track looks pretty big, i reckon you should go no more than an 18 turn motor or even a 16 but thats pushing it. i ran a 12 turn and i started from a 20 turn. believe me the 20 turn was sometimes too hot to handle when i was a newbie to electrics but i got to grips with that and then went to a 12.

jonrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 10:56am
Originally posted by pani pani wrote:

dude, you have been asking what motors are and by the sounds of it you dont know the specifics of motors. i have been into electric cars for around 3-4 years and i used to race quite a hot HPI Sprint. 27 turn motors have more power because A: they are more efficient, and B: the more turns means better power and acceleration. it also depends on the motor type. Vantage V2 motors i think for past experience are all the same if you buy a 20 down to a 12 i think they are all the same price.

also note that for LEGAL racing 12 turn is the most powerful motor you are allowed. anythign below a 12 is not permitted. so 11, 10, 8, 7 turn motors are not legal for racing. bearing in mind you are wanting to start learning electrics and that track looks pretty big, i reckon you should go no more than an 18 turn motor or even a 16 but thats pushing it. i ran a 12 turn and i started from a 20 turn. believe me the 20 turn was sometimes too hot to handle when i was a newbie to electrics but i got to grips with that and then went to a 12.

What is written above is a complete and utter load of crap.

A 27T motor is the slowest and least powerful motor. The less number of turns the more powerful the motor.

12T is not the LEGAL lower limit for racing. You can run any number turn motor you like in Modified, 8 and 9 turn motors are now the norm. There are specific classes for 27T and 19T motors.

I suggest that before you post anything else you get your facts straight.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:28am
wow settle pettle were all here to learn.
jonrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:43am

Sirus, I appreciate people are here to learn, but to give out information which is so completly wrong really makes me mad. I've been involved in RC racing for over 15 years now, running both Electric and IC cars in all classes from 1/18th scale up to Monster trucks and 1/5th scale and I make sure any information I offer is correct. Running an HPI Sprint doesn't not make you the fountain of all knowledge.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:02pm
but really that doesnt give you the right to go off like that, if he's wrong just say "that infmation is not correct" and its all beta, i made a mistake, he made a mistake, you made a mistake, all beta.
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 4:34pm
hey, i only said what i was told. i was under the assumption that 12T was the legal limit!! and i do know that the less power of turns the more powerful the motor is!!!! goes without saying as that is the rule!!! higher turn motors can get off better though in most cases!!!
[$bigmike$] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:47pm
Lol and are alot less expensive
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic