www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will the fusion ever be of racing quality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the fusion ever be of racing quality
    Posted: 18 February 2006 at 4:33am
I was wondering what types of upgrades do i need to get to make my car fast, and exelent handeling!Please help me with this because I am tired of the rrr allways winning at my track.I know that the schumacher has more speed but it just wont stop spinning oun and it turns too sharply!Please helpme it will be Greatly appreciated.  MIKE
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 5:01am
Are you on about the r12 or f-21
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 5:44am
Sounds like your car is not setup $BigMike$. Do you still have the original tires on your Fusion? If you do get rid of them and get some foams. Then if you don't alredy have one get an alignment board and setup your chassis. 

Edited by nitrohead5300
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 7:23am
I suspect you are talking about the fusion, the fusion will never beat a rrr in a track race. The fusion is not built for this purpose it is built to go fast in a straight line. It is to over powered to control effectively in the situation you talk of.

If you are talking about the R12 you will have other problems that will not allow you to be that competitive against the other car you mention.

If you have a fusion you could get wide foam tyres however it will depend if the track you race at allows this modification to be completed for the racing class you have entered.

Big tyre convesion can be found at wolfpackradicals.com

Best of luck mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 2:42pm
To make a Fusion R-12 or its big brother the Fusion .21, race ready is going to take alot of money and improvising on the part of the owner.  This means making the custom parts yourself or getting a machinist to make them for you. Less hassle to get a purpose built race car from Serpent or Mugen. Schumacher had a hot protoype 1/10 scale gas car that they should have developed but they did'nt and thats is too bad because it would have been a top contender. The first year they realeased the R-12 it placed 3rd in the onroad winternations over here in the states, but Schumacher did not continue to update their car and they let it become a dated design. I believe that Schumacher is more interested in making nitro cars that you can bash with and go out and have fun with instead of a purpose built race car.

Edited by nitrohead5300
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 2:50pm
I agree with you Nitrohead
hutchybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hutchybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 3:08pm
I also agree with you nitro. If more devolopment went into race cars surely the everyday cars would benefit from this too. For example in rallying and F1, the money spent to develop and improve the race cars improves the durability, performance and quality of the cars we drive everyday.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 3:13pm
Thanks Kiwi and you know it is really too bad because Schumacher comes up with some really good designs they just don't fully develope the designs. A good example is their 3-speed tranny!! Back in the old days when I use to race 1/8 scale with 3-speed all  the cars suffered from the same problem the trannys weight too much no body could solve this problem so to reduce rotation mass on the drivetrain we went to 2-speeds. Too bad we did not have the Schumacher 3- speed it is sooo much lighter than our old 3-speed that I think with a little work it would be a good hop up idem for today's 1/8 scale onroad with some modifications to the design. The Schumacher 3-speed feels lighter than the 2-speeds of today's cars.  But Schumacher kinda drop the ball when they did not make the tranny shift points screw adjustable
[$bigmike$] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 3:18pm
Ok. But please help me o n this i still dong get why cant my fusion be better than the rrr or other race type cars!!!!And if there is no way i can fix this then i will sell my car Any starting bids it is a .21 only ran two times! Please help though if i can up it to race quality!
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 3:18pm
The trouble is I think that Schumacher have to many different cars on the go at the same time, if you took the best parts from each and could some how unify the ideas then something really worthwhile could come out of it.
Also I think that Schumacher need to consider the postive gains that could make by making there parts of universal size such as most major manufacturers. ie pinions, clutch etc etc.
I also think producing the fusion and menace without flywheel access for starting purposes is a little strange. I think maybe it hass to do with the fact they do not sell the Fusion in kit form and thus want to sell the thunder tiger with e start as part of the deal, ie they must make cash out of it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by [$bigmike$ [$bigmike$ wrote:

]Ok. But please help me o n this i still dong get why cant my fusion be better than the rrr or other race type cars!!!!And if there is no way i can fix this then i will sell my car Any starting bids it is a .21 only ran two times! Please help though if i can up it to race quality!
................You just need to go thru the site and read some posts on what others have done to improve handling. If you still have the rubber tires get rid of them and put some foams on . If the track you are running on is a small track then you need the high acceleration clutchbell that Schumacher makes for short tracks. Get an alignment system and set your caster, camber, toe-in toe-out ride height , experiment with different shock oils and springs and practice, practice.
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 3:32pm
mate, to be perfectly frank, a the money u have spent on buying the .21 and the money you would have to spend in getting it up to standard of a RRR, you might have just as well bought an RRR in the first place, it wouldve been a lot cheaper. i myself am a very very big fan of the RRR and it is something quite close to the ultimate in 1/10th professional touring. the car you have simply just has too much power than you can handle. you need to slow it down by getting a high acceleration pinion which will help you in the corners and getting some foams, or go for the 1/8th radical adapters if your race track allows you to. also adjustable shocks and some decent anti roll bars would help you in the corners.
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 3:34pm
in addition if you havent got a decent transmitter already get one like a sanwa gemini or similar since you could control very well how your car handles as one of the features is programming how fast your throttle servo moves thus helping  you to fine tune the car to the track you are racing on, if the RRR drivers dont have this option, i would greatly advise you to get one as you will have a very significant advantage over them but seeing as they do run RRRs it would be quite foolish not to

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 4:19pm
Thanks I do have foam tires and the new pinion belt for high acceleration and all that good stuff but will I have any chances over the other cars besides thr rrr? 
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 4:32pm
very slim chances mate because all the other groomed 1/10th professional tourers such as the R40, mtx3/4, 705, 710, G4 would all eat you round the track providing they have decent setups. you could take all the intermediate level tourers if there are any such as hpi rs4, nitro ntc3, probably any ct4s around, maybe een cars lsightly better, i dont know how good a driver you are but chances are very very slim against proper 1/10th tourers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by [$bigmike$ [$bigmike$ wrote:

]Thanks I do have foam tires and the new pinion belt for high acceleration and all that good stuff but will I have any chances over the other cars besides thr rrr? 
.....................................Just buying the hardware is not enough  you also need to setup your car for the track. That means adjusting caster ,camber, toe-in, toe-out, ride height, shock oil, springs, experimenting with different width & shore tires, adjusting the dual rates on your radio, etc, etc. And practice, practice.

Edited by nitrohead5300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 6:09pm
Yea dude most peeps race tc3's and hpi and most people are noobies and run all over the place!I will win sooner or later or i might just buy a rrr and sell my schumacher at a rock bottom price.If you guys want pics just say so!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 6:20pm
Well if you do get a RRR be prepared to do the same chassis adjustments.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 6:27pm
ok!But dude i really think that the schumacher will hold out and beat the other cars at my track after I practice hopefully. And does the type of body that you run have any effect?
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 6:31pm

it seems that you have the potential to win. you got to set up your car right and practice practice practice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic