www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will the fusion ever be of racing quality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 1:21pm
The problem I see with the GTR  is Schumacher uses turnbuckles for the upper suspension arms turnbuckles are not that durable. When I worked at the hobbyshop the guys who purchased Menace trucks were always in there buying replacement turnbuckles. Pivot balls are superior and are more accurate . And the width of the suspension system on the GTR is so wide you can't really use the wide Serpent tires because they would stick out from the body. You put a really powerful engine in their  and you are going to have traction problems. Of course you can fix these problems with some creativity and make your GTR a top contender but I doubt if it would ever out perform a 1/8 scale Serpent or  Mugen. Save yourself some time and  do like BigCrash did and just get a 1/8 scale racer to begin with put a big block .28-.32 in and be done with it. Get some custom gears top-end speed gears made and you are all set!!!!

Edited by nitrohead5300
[$bigmike$] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 1:28pm
Yo dude i got all that stuff and i am running a 42 in the back and a i think 25 in the fromt Thankx for the luck tho!!

While your at it check out my site everyone!!

http://michael.bizbaron.com/try/bbcode/buyr_cpag.php?sdm=m ichael&estmd=y
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 1:34pm
Are you  talking about shore or tire width?? If you are talking about shore a 42shore tire  in the back is too much. Please check that because if that is correct that is part of your problem no wonder you are spinning out. The higher your shore rating for your tire the harder the tire. In general you want the softest tire in the back

Edited by nitrohead5300
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 1:41pm
always run softer tyres at the rear ALWAYS in my opinion. that is where you need the most traction and that is the place that ttraction is lost the most. the front end never goes out of place but the back is always susceptible to kicking out and if u dont control it then it will end up spinning out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 1:44pm

BigMike if you have the Schumacher adapters are you running tires the same diameter all around?? The tires must be the same diameter all the way around or else the ball diffs are going to resist each other and cause handling problems. The only way you can run tires of different diameters is with a oneway diff in the front. 

kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 2:38pm
Big Crash what 1/8th you get man? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 2:48pm
Kiwi7, he had a XR-80
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 2:50pm
How did he go with that? IS that one of those entry level 1/8th cars.
I have seen some pixtures, what do they retail for in the U.S.
Happy Presidents Day- I am right that it is today?

Edited by kiwi7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 12:27am
Thank you Kiwi it is Presidents days over here in the states. And yes it is a entry level car but it has all the adjustments plus a centax clutch retails for about $389.00 U.S. dollars.
bigcrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 1:06am

Hello Kiwi and Nitro,

First I will never give up on my Schumacher Projects. The Fusion or the Gtr. I got the Power racing XR-80 just because a bud of mine has a 960 and I want to piss him off, or try....If I had to do it again I would get a XR8 instead. Here is why. The radio sucks in the rtr. The engine is high due to shaft start. The shaft would hit the belts if it was lower. It can be lowered like the XR8 but it costs. Also no Centrex clutch on the rtr model. The chassy has cooling cut outs and is cnc machined instead of stamped. I am using the pro chassy now due to my mishap. The carbon fibrer deck is stock on the pro also. You nutballs use big motors that are all worked so the xr-80 would not make you happy. I have no idea yet how she will run my crash was day one rich and salty surface so it is still a unknown. I just felt taht  for so little money even compared to our cars it is a no brainer. Soon we will see. She is all rebuilt better than ever now...Bye!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 1:16am
Good luck BigCrash I hope you get it all sorted out. I am very interested how your experiment turns out I believe youmaybe on the right track good luck and secure your battery this time.
Coxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 8:42am
so would 40 shore tyres be a bit too hard for the rears? seen some on ebay...30mm 40 shore.....id need the r12 hub carriers too wouldnt i?
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 9:14am
Yes you would, the 40 shore too hard for rear, softer foam will give grip , I suggest 35
Coxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 9:15am
sod ebay then ill just get some from a shop when the weather improves...
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 1:03pm
Big mike I hope you have not given up on the fusion just yet.

Been talking to Wolfgang and he suggested:
Suspension might be worth a look and could be part of your spinning out problem, the lower arms are quite tight with the black spacers that are used to set the Wheelbase. He suggests and I have tried and it works that giving the black spacers and the outside of the lower a arms a light sanding then it will recreate a situation wheel the arms will return to original place much easily when they are compresed while driving. If to slow to rebound then your more likely to spin out.

This will apply to the Fusion, R12 nad probably the beast GTR so if  I was you give it a  go, does not take long and there could be a whole lot worse you could be doing with your time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 1:37pm
Hey $BigMike$ how is it going? Did any of the suggestions help the handling of your car? Is it still spinning out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 5:26pm
Yea!! I got some 42 in the back and 40 in the front But the work well. I also changed the toe in and out so she runs straight. I thin that that was the main problem because she would veer left and i would turn the controller right. But still one last problem!!! My gears keep stripping out. The guy at the schumacher store said somenthing about the idle screw I still dont get it though! Can you guys please help me on this one. 
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 6:27pm
Big Mike check out this page re: gears stripping

http://www.racing-cars.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1017& amp;PN=1&TPN=3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 12:50am

The tire arrangment you have might barely work. But you can improve your traction, $BigMike by changing to a lower shore rating on your tires. Try 35 shore in the back and 40 shore up front. On my Outlaw fusion I am running 25 shore on the back and 30 shore up front. She sticks to the road like she was glued to it.

Edited by nitrohead5300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2006 at 9:38pm
I allready read that post and i just tried it like a week ago and it stripped agin. People are saying somenthing about the breaks being on while i push the gas and that is why the gears are stripping out I cant seem to find the problem Help please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic