www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my gears keep on striping out!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [$bigmike$] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my gears keep on striping out!!!
    Posted: 11 February 2006 at 8:20pm

Can you please help me cuz i have brought 3 set of gears so far and they all keep on striping out. I dont know what to do!! And also what type of fuel would be the best for the .21 fusion? Thanx for your consideration.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 12:01am

Mike you are striping gears for two reasons...

1) The pinion is not straight on the Plastic cluster, which is making the gears grind away till they strip....Try and square your engine up this could be the problem..

2) You have the metal pinion too close or to far away from the plastic cluster of gears, too close and it will cause excess heat and soften your plastic gears and cause it to get hot and again strip the gears,too far away and the same as #1 they will slowly grind away the plastic gear...

I think there is a post on this in the hints and tip section......

bigcrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 3:00am
 What works for me is weird... I used the paper trick but it didn't go well so I eyeball them. I use the paper and then go a little bit looser. I get the pinion gear to teeth into the drive gears so I can see it is a little more than three quarter engaged. You should see a very small space between them. The pinion does not bury itself into the drive gear. A few millimeters away from burying them together. Mke sure the engine is square. The car should roll nice and easy forward and back. Once good mark it. If your bearing is bad on  either side engine pinion, or drive gears on layshaft they will wobble. A hint, my layshaft was bent from a belt pulling hard. The gears then wobbled in and out farther and nearer to the pinion. A bad day ate all my gears twice before catching it...This you need to check out ..Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic