www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Motors Batteries and Chargers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbo 35 GFX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbo 35 GFX
    Posted: 10 July 2004 at 11:18pm

Hi, does any1 have a Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX charger. i Currently have a Protrak BMS and can not decide between the 30amp dscharge Protrak and the Turbo 35.

ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2004 at 11:19pm
Also can you check the voltage of each cell individualy on theTurbo35 like you can on the Protrak
MarkB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2004 at 10:37pm

Yes I have the Turbo 35 and its a great charger. Thinking about getting a customer front plate done - when I can find the time to sort it out!

MarkB

Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2004 at 10:47pm
I've got the regular turbo35, not the gfx and its a cracking charger but you cant view the individual cell voltages like on the pro-trak as there are no extra monitoring leads on the turbo35, but you do get to view your charge and discharge graphs on the screen of the gfx
ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2004 at 11:26pm

thanks guys i already have 1 protrak but am looking at a new charger and dont no wot to get. theres not much in them.

the main differences are that the protrak can monitor each cell, and the turbo 35 can plot graphs, but the protrak can on a PC

Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 12:59pm
So can the turbo35, there is a serial port on the side for connecting up to your pc for the charge/discharge graphs. At the end of the day you have to weigh up how much you want to spend as neither of the units are particularly cheap. Altho the Turbo35 can discharge at more than 30amps if you want to try and blow some cells up :D
Al_Scho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al_Scho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 4:28pm
Rick have you seen the new futaba charger thats just come out Rob has been looking at one somthing stupid like 500 quid, they can charge 6 packs of cells at once!
ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 5:31pm

discharging at over 30 amps is good for your cells, it trains them to be discharged at this rate, like in the car. Lowering resistance and resulting in more punch.

No not seen it, be a good charger for me and kye if we dint already have slotrak. coz its only like buying 2 protraks

luke hobson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:31pm

but if you lower the internal resistance then the runtime also becomes less, but you can lower the IR by boosting your cells a a high ampage,

i would have the turbo 35 GFX but for the massive (in my opinion) price tag on it, but then again my orion d67 does a great job for me.

luke

ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 9:03pm
yeah basically if you discharge or charge faster it has the same effects
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic