www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Sludge Leak?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Sludge Leak?
    Posted: 23 January 2006 at 9:25pm
After a harcore burning session tonight, am marveling at how sweet the engine seems to be running, till I examined the e start on my Havoc.
It was covered in a bluey black sludge, What the hell could it be? a fuel leak or something?

Thoughts please r/c compadraes
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 9:29pm

If the engine runs fine, don't worry about it, it will be burnt off next time the engine is run!

Graham

lincsrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lincsrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 9:30pm
are you sure it isnt sum unburnt fuel from the exhaust port as the rubber seal may be lealing or just forced some out during its thrashing!
simonfb10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 9:34pm
It only seems to happen when I rag the basT*** .
It loves it as well, sadly got a bit disheartended when I saw it, Why do you think this happens, Cheers Guys
lincsrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lincsrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 9:39pm
i agree with graham if it aint broke dont fix it but from the fact of you saying it only happens when it get's beasted for a while id say it is probs due to over presurizing in the zorst so it push out past the rubber seal as this will get real soft when engine getting nailed so if you wanna try and stop it fit a stinger spring that holds the zorst on.
simonfb10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 9:51pm
Sorry lincsrc where is this gunk coming from?
lincsrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lincsrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:01pm

the exhaust port on the back of the engine i think as if it was coming from the backplate the engine wudnt run right coz it wud have an obious leak so my thinking is that its is pushing it out between the rubber seal and exhaust manifold or port on the engine when there is a real build up of pessure in the exhaust system from all of thrashing and when rubber heats it gets very flexible and also when the metal spring that holds the exhaust on heats up it will also weaken a bit as the metal will soften when it heats up.

hope you got all that.

i may be completley wrong but im just thinking of my mechanical experiences.

GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:07pm

So if you didn't get that, its part of the rubber seal thats melted under the heat.  Personally i would say nothing to worry about, its just where the seals are new and too large, once the engine has burnt of the excess seal you should stop getting the sludge!

You will always get like a yellow liquid at the bottom of the engine, this is unburnt oil/burnt oil mix, nice!

Graham

lincsrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lincsrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:12pm

yeah you allways get left with a nice mess to deal with after a good sesion and thats if you dont break it.it shows your getting plentey of lube to the engine and also gets you leky start plate lubed up to.

if it dont stop and your still botherd but it just get a stronger spring for the zorst manifold and that shud stop it id say.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic