www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EVOBENNY XTR V4 (new photos)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EVOBENNY XTR V4 (new photos)
    Posted: 19 January 2006 at 1:35pm

This is my new project as I cant afford a Havoc!

Although it will have the 3 speed box in it, only 1st will function as the clutch fries otherwise. Havoc wheels do fit so Im keen to try them as it is really designed for them. it should be quite a bit lighter than a havoc and it is shorter geared so it should go as quick, but its going to be hard to make it as strong.

The arms are quite heavy, but at least they wont bend like Tony Blair on an election promise!! Thats part of the reason for this project as I got some "hop up" alloy arms which cost $90!!! Thats just under 40pounds!!! And they lasted only 2 tanks of fuel before they were that twisted they snapped my hub carrier!! What a joke Schumacher!

Anyway have a laugh.

Chassis is 3mm high tensile aluminium, which EVO 3 was made from and is surprisingly strong.

Next to my stock XTR

P.S. Smiley, I know what your thinking so dont even bother!!

Edited by lowXTR
robstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 3:20pm

Looking interesting.

Keep us posted

davi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 4:01pm
the wheels will eat the clutch, why not try a 2 speed? first on the xtr is geared very low as you know.....
Liamz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 4:06pm

Surely it would be cheaper to buy a havoc then make your own ?

hutchybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hutchybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 4:35pm
Would be cheaper but it is more fun making your own thing. The feeling when you have finished it is undescribable!
t2boats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t2boats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 5:23pm
funky! what made you decide on the wheelbase? is it going to be 4WD?  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 7:19pm
Will a Savage body fit on it ????????? 
LongRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 7:25pm
Very nice. What method did you use to make the suspension arms? Also, will you be building any kick-up into the chassis? I suggest you do, it will stop the car being twitchy on the steering.
lowXTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by davi davi wrote:

the wheels will eat the clutch, why not try a 2 speed? first on the xtr is geared very low as you know.....

Those are the tres Ive been using on the stock XTR and they work great as long as you keep it in first gear, as soon as it tries to change into second is when the clutch fries.

lowXTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Liamz Liamz wrote:

Surely it would be cheaper to buy a havoc then make your own ?

Havoc - $700  this thing - $45 plus one old XTR3e (most of the materials Ive had lying around from previous builds).

PS Also thanks to Bundyhavoc for tools and some materials

lowXTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:29pm

Originally posted by t2boats t2boats wrote:

funky! what made you decide on the wheelbase? is it going to be 4WD?  

I just wanted to see if something a little longer and a fair bit wider would be more stable in rougher terrain.

EDIT: no ,only 2wd

Edited by lowXTR
lowXTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:30pm

Originally posted by jastel jastel wrote:

Will a Savage body fit on it ????????? 

Ha freakin Ha!! 

lowXTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by LongRat LongRat wrote:

Very nice. What method did you use to make the suspension arms? Also, will you be building any kick-up into the chassis? I suggest you do, it will stop the car being twitchy on the steering.

This is what I used to make the arms with longrat, my grandad built it after the war.

This is the first car I was going to make without kick as I wanted to see how it handled. I can put a little in later, see how it goes.

lowXTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by hutchybee hutchybee wrote:

Would be cheaper but it is more fun making your own thing. The feeling when you have finished it is undescribable!

Couldnt put it better myself.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 10:15pm

yes but let's hope you learnt from the first one !

will this one handle ?

your not going to use the standard engine mount are you ?

what scale is it  ?

and how are those big 6 drive shafts going

Edited by smileysmiff
lowXTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 1:33am
It was crap. Actually it was heaps better as an offroader, but it was specifically built for on road and well you saw the result smiley. I am using the std mount but only to get it going this weekend, Ill sort that out next week. The scale is 3/8ths of not to much.
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 1:46am

well now i know what happens late in the night in newcastle......

And i thourght your playing cards..

I say 10/10 for effort, and craftmanship.

That nearly looks like jastels savage with all that alloy  

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 6:46am
Originally posted by blade954 blade954 wrote:

That nearly looks like jastels savage with all that alloy  

Geez mate thats not as sexy as my Savage  lol

lowXTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowXTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 11:08am

Its not ready yet but it runs. I had to make some steering and rear suspension alterations but it seems pretty sturdy. Ill get it in the rough over the weekend and get some action vids with Bundys Havoc hopefully.

Eric should come along with his Savage (yawn) and Smiley you should come too if you got those adaptors to put your F100 wheels on your XTR, if not just wear the blue dress.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 11:56am

m8 there on but it look's pretty ridiculous  

what colour top ?      

hey can ya post a pict of ya flash bent rear arms ?

Edited by smileysmiff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic