www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

guides,hints,tips add your own! pls stick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 2:10am
Add another manifold spring to the havoc.Drill extra 1.5mm holes above and below the original holes and get yourself another spring.The manifold,with only one spring,has a tendacy to move and leak all round the e-start below.The two springs will help ensure a good snug fit.

Also get the Havoc exhaust reducers (U3031).They give better back pressure and help with variation in tuning across the use of a tank of fuel.
Mr Sparks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Sparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 5:13am

For those seeking information from other sources I have found this site to be very usefull.

http://www.rctek.com/info_main.html

Rajvirdee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rajvirdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:28am
Another short but sweet one is servo set up and EPA.

WHen setting up your servo, please ensure that the trims on your transmitter
are set to neutral - you'll then get even delfection both ways (ie right and
left on a steering servo).

If you have a transmitter that allows for EPA (end point adjustment) set the
servos up so that they aren't working against themselves. For instance, the
throttle servo - no point in the servo trying to pull or push the carb more
than it will go. This causes stress on the servo and extra battery drainage.

Hope this makes sense!
lincsrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lincsrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:14pm

cleaning tip.

to get in clean between the colling fins on the head use a pipe cleaner!

also a good way to get dirt from the hard to reach corners is a old electric tooth brush with the rotating head works well when dipped in wd40.

Edited by lincsrc
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 1:10am

Hello,

If you have money, just use some halfords brake cleaner spray.

simonfb10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Banana Turbo Banana Turbo wrote:

Hello,

If you have money, just use some halfords brake cleaner spray.

Are suggesting I use that instead of nitro cleaner?

GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 5:32pm

Its the same stuff AFAIK.

Graham

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 5:59pm

Hello simonfb10,

If you can get it cheaper use it.

Get a store brand name like Halfords, or Tesco or somthing similar it should be dirt cheap and like GBDUO says it does the same thing.

Good luck.

djmr.mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djmr.mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 9:35am
To remove  piston bearings,  place in oven first,  ally  expands quicker than steel.
cyberglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 6:03pm

halfords brake cleaner spray.   

am i the only one who takes off the engine and electronics and takes his cars in the shower with him

Feanor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feanor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 5:38pm
Hey CG, dont feel alone, altough i dont shower with it it does swim with me...

j1paz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j1paz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 6:18pm
Dont start you car with the wheels on the ground and a brick wall in front of you

I just spent a week cleaning and replacing plastic gear servos for metal ones then started her up and she went full pelt into a brick wall and broke too much to list 
incognito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 6:34pm
How did you manage that did you forget to turn on the transmitter / receiver or something?
Hutch-e-bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutch-e-bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2007 at 5:57pm
Better to have a wall than nothing at all tho. I have seen a guy running behind a HPI Rush after starting it in a park without turning on the transmitter first. Dont think he ever saw it again! 
j1paz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j1paz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2007 at 8:07pm
Hehehe yeah there is that my problem was flat reciever battery - DOH!!!
Maddstylz69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 5:56pm
Heres a tip for ya's. Always charge and check your batteries.lol. A good tip for temp water proofing Find all your holes where electronics are, and put a dab of silicone caulking in them as far as the seams go for the covers and connectors they make a silicone spray. At any auto parts store. Great Stuff I use it on my 4x4 trucks as well. Cleaning you could find a stiff paint brush, or like me a baby bottle brush and some wd-40. I wouldn't trust Wd-40 as a water proofing substitute. Maybe a bearing grease but not the thin oil
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 6:07pm

can somebody point me to a full thread or post on proper cleaning of my havoc I am new and have no idea I also need to know what to grease ect

Thanks

bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 4:22am
lube the chutch bell bearings
menacemike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menacemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:02pm
dont eat yellow snow
joeytvr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeytvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 11:53pm

best way i found to clean rc trucks. Get a bottle of simple green. Spray truck down, scrub any real nasty sports, then simply spray with a air nozzle. unlike carb cleaners and nitro wash it leaves a nice clean shine, not dulled out plastics and faded aluminum.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic