www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

guides,hints,tips add your own! pls stick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
houch105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houch105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: guides,hints,tips add your own! pls stick
    Posted: 09 October 2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by lincsrc lincsrc wrote:

before you try and set record times
with your new r/c just take your time and learn to control
it and you will soon be fast and under control.

practice makes perfect.

you ant wrong there
lol i got my 10 year old boy a anssman virus cause it was
cheap and looked quite tough his first go trying to race my
jato he stuffed it big time
Nitro Nige View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Nige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Rajvirdee Rajvirdee wrote:

Another short but sweet one is servo set up and EPA.

WHen setting up your servo, please ensure that the trims on your transmitter
are set to neutral - you'll then get even delfection both ways (ie right and
left on a steering servo).

If you have a transmitter that allows for EPA (end point adjustment) set the
servos up so that they aren't working against themselves. For instance, the
throttle servo - no point in the servo trying to pull or push the carb more
than it will go. This causes stress on the servo and extra battery drainage.

Hope this makes sense!
yes this improved batt life on my buggy it was tryin to push way too far b4hand,would never of thought,,nice1 bud
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Nige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 3:46am

Edited by Nitro Nige
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Nige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 3:33am
Originally posted by lincsrc lincsrc wrote:

just a few key points

it wont make any odds about having a pull start or roto start on becoz they both use oneway bearings so wont have any more or less drag on the engine so wont make it rev higher with either but correct plug and tunning will.

also depending on what roto start kit you get you may need to change the one way bearing and also make sure your set the clutch loose if you use a leky drill as you can severley damage the engine if you leky drill cranks its when it is flooded.

there is a few previous post's on this forum about leky starts for the raptor also.

alright m8,i bought a e z start roto for my raptor after getting advice from the bloke i bought it off,he said this is the best starter for my rappy n i wont need to change a thing,but after it slipping n not tryin to turn over i replaced the 1way bearing with the exact 1 i took outn still no joy so after a mission couple of months i finally got a secondhand hex starter shaft that goes thru 1way b thinking my 1 had worn,after replacing that its abit better but still nower near right n like alot people say lots of fuel around roto adapter area,now im thining if its flooding will this cause the hex shaft to slip in 1way b??? also wats the correct glow plug to have in my rappy sh25??? mine went n i just got a old 1 off a plane engine,it works but after reading ur post i know i need a new 1 but which??? nice1 if u can help n thanks for takin time to read this,,,,,, nige
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Nige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 3:20am
Originally posted by matt matt wrote:

hay you all i got a roto starter on me rapt.. the engine has less drag to the  ii===----- and rev high!!

they fit on you no but you have to have a top left one (quick tip)

yeh im having major problems after fitting a e z roto starter,after installing it n putting the engine back on the rappy i noticed the bloody fuel tank was in the way of roto rod going in the starter thingy,,,after twisting addaptor anti clockwise a centermiter or so n making new screw holesi refitted it now its ok,but now im having problems starting him,wen trying to turn over its not really making any attemp to start ,after fitting a new 1way bearing it was still slipping so i started to look for a new hex starter drive pin shaft that goes thry 1way bearing in engine,cus i thought it was worn,,,,anyway i looked n looked n couldnt find a hex shaft anywer,in the end i bought a secondhand 25 engine of a lad on ebayjust so i could get the shaft,fitted that n bit better but still seems to be slipping,i thought maybe fuel or summet was soaking the shaft cus it seems to be wet wiv fuel wer the new roto starters fitted,i cleaned n dried that n it started,tuning it n as u know its stop start stop n so on it started slipping again,,,do u have any idea 2 help me n watproblema do u have if any??? thanks,,,,nige
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Nige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 3:02am

Edited by Nitro Nige
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Nige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 2:56am

Edited by Nitro Nige
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Nige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 2:43am
lol hey make sure uv cleared ur field or garden etc of any cow,sheep,or most importantly dog **** cus it truly is a stinking nightmare toget out ur shocks,tyres n wheels,shassiy,etc etc as im sure u can imagine!!!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Nige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 2:39am
hey, i have a little tip that iv found brilliant,i havnt read every page on here so forgive me if it is already on here,shells, well uv got to of noticed how bloody flimsy they are they crack n tear like paper especially after a good smash,,iv coated the inside of my truck shell wiv a few layers of fibre glass,,5 from any diy store,yes it adds weight but after a good year on after doing this to my rappy i havnt had any cracks or breaks it really is worth doing,,,now my shell was already painted so had no problems wen coating in f-glass,if uv painted ur shell urself it might affect ur paint job so id test 1st on a old shell or somewer no1 will see if did **** up,,but i think it will be fine on all shells home paint jobs or factory,,,trust mines rolled n crashed  more times than id of liked but shell wiv a 5mm layer all underneath does the trick,,,,,try it............nice1 nige
mrrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 12:51am
My rascal's radio gear starts glitching if the 13 pins in
clutch bell start to get dried out...........Found out it
was glitching from having a dry onewaybearing...not the
clutchbell...

Edited by mrrad
matticus300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matticus300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 6:20pm

look out for small dogs / children ect they tend to try and chase something fast and purple.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matticus300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 12:51am
if your to lazy to pinch the pipe when priming , use a bull clip or clothes peg.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matticus300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 5:17pm

Originally posted by menacemike menacemike wrote:

dont eat yellow snow

my dads says that to waiters n stuff

La La View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote La La Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 10:21am

another great way is to remove the electronics and drop it in the bath! give it a good scrup and it comes up a treat!

my wife thinks im crazy but somtimes i shower with my car!

joeytvr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeytvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 11:53pm

best way i found to clean rc trucks. Get a bottle of simple green. Spray truck down, scrub any real nasty sports, then simply spray with a air nozzle. unlike carb cleaners and nitro wash it leaves a nice clean shine, not dulled out plastics and faded aluminum.

menacemike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menacemike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:02pm
dont eat yellow snow
bucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 4:22am
lube the chutch bell bearings
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 6:07pm

can somebody point me to a full thread or post on proper cleaning of my havoc I am new and have no idea I also need to know what to grease ect

Thanks

Maddstylz69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 5:56pm
Heres a tip for ya's. Always charge and check your batteries.lol. A good tip for temp water proofing Find all your holes where electronics are, and put a dab of silicone caulking in them as far as the seams go for the covers and connectors they make a silicone spray. At any auto parts store. Great Stuff I use it on my 4x4 trucks as well. Cleaning you could find a stiff paint brush, or like me a baby bottle brush and some wd-40. I wouldn't trust Wd-40 as a water proofing substitute. Maybe a bearing grease but not the thin oil
j1paz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j1paz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2007 at 8:07pm
Hehehe yeah there is that my problem was flat reciever battery - DOH!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic