www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Electric > Motors Batteries and Chargers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stock Mi2 ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stock Mi2 ?
    Posted: 10 July 2004 at 12:33pm

Any other run the Mi2 in Stock ? (27t)

IF so... ive heard that theres a sweet spot for gearing the car at... just i dont know this 'sweet spot'

Thanks, Steven

olev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2004 at 11:17pm
Gearing does not depend on the car, but on the motor used and the track you run on. You won't find the sweet spot on the internet without further info.
Besides, even motors of same type can require up to 2-3 teeth different gearing, so I'm afraid you have to do your own testing. 
Ashdown604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2004 at 5:23pm
There's a sweet spot for every car, but as Olev said, it varies from motor to motor.
Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 1:03pm
Well my sweet spot is around 8.50:1 with a 27T Fantom Silver on a medium sized track and slippy floor. Altho you dont race at my hall so it probably wont help
neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 10:35pm

Similar. We race on a sports hall floor. Its like a rubber floor, mini pins required. I dont use the Fanton tho' i have a monster, & i think im geared lower than 8.50 !

Thanks Anyway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 4:04pm
What sort of track is it (tight, twisty etc.)?
Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 5:35pm
I was geared lower before and the car was quick but not really quick or punchy, remember the monster likes to rev so gearing up a bit might help. Our hall is generally quite tight but with fair sized straights, here's a bad pic

Edited by Conrad
neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2004 at 10:04pm

neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2004 at 10:10pm

Firstly, sorry about the pic, not the best & its not exactly small.

Ok, so theres the track. Very low grip, most guys run on grey & black springs (schuie) so theres not really alot of grip. Im not sure but i think my final drive ratio is about 8.3 - 9.

Cheers,

Steven.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2004 at 10:10pm
The monster is better suited to more open, faster circuits than that appears to be...
neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2004 at 10:16pm
Well it gives the P2K2's a run for there money & normally 1st In A is a monster  
Chill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 12:11pm

I run an Mi2 in the TORC championship in stock class. I used a 26 pinion on a 95 spur with 20t pulley. It was ballistic with a good Trinity monster and an `A` final win at Stafford and a second at Bedworth. Hope this gearing helps, don`t know the ratios off hand.

Chill.

neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 5:16pm

Cheers.

the track is due for a change as we are near the end of our club championship, so i will give that gearing ago on the new track.

Thanks,

Steven.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdown604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Chill Chill wrote:

I run an Mi2 in the TORC championship in stock class. I used a 26 pinion on a 95 spur with 20t pulley. It was ballistic with a good Trinity monster and an `A` final win at Stafford and a second at Bedworth. Hope this gearing helps, don`t know the ratios off hand.

Chill.

I take it that's an open, fast track?

neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 12:29am

Quad magnet or The Monster Horsepower (2 mag) ?

Conrad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 9:34pm
I'd say that was a fair sized open track, for indoors anyway and imagine your ratio isnt far of neveo, at least its high enough to let the monster rev freely.
Jan Egil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Egil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 11:01pm
wow! mine is 5.52.... knew my gearing was a little low, but, guess its very low!
ricklee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricklee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 2:12am
yeah lol thats low did it actualy move
Jan Egil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Egil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 4:41pm
It moves superfast! and it accelerates pretty similar to other cars to, busted my esc tough, the smoke lay thick on the track.... , but I`ve got a better one now, and I just ordered smaller pinions!
neveo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2004 at 12:52am
hmmm that might of been to being gearded like that... id try about 6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic