www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thunder tiger roto start......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thunder tiger roto start......
    Posted: 23 December 2005 at 11:34pm

Thunder tiger have released a "roto start" system for the Pro series of engines they will be a direct replacement for the pull start and e'start that comes on the the ttr .21 in the fusion. The good thing about them is they are a spitting image as the HPI one's so the starting mechanisum will be higher and to the top left hand corner. and no more striped hex nut or gouging out the exhaust as well.

Edited by blade954
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2005 at 1:28pm
about dam time, im not having any probs with mine tho, altho i did have one prob today, coulda ended up very very costly but i didnt have to buy one thing =P, the little bolt that holds the gear pinion on came out, and the pinion slid fowards, the bolt dissappeared, and it chewed the side of my first gear on my spurs, when i figured out that it was this that was stoping the car from moving and not a rock i was worried so went to look over where the car stoped, and i found the bolt straight away but couldent find the bearing and the mounting piece that the bearing sits on, but that piece fell out where i put the car down to look at it, i found both pieces, and the 1st gear wasnt chewed properly so it all went back together perfectly, but i put alittle locktite on the end of the bolt this time =P
blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2005 at 1:33pm
I have RMS here in Perth chasing a price so when they get back i'll post the price as well..
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2005 at 1:35pm
awsome man let us know, or really just me and smiley hahaha
ckirwan514 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckirwan514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 3:11pm
having used all three non pull starters tiger start by sullivan is by far the best. the gear set fot the back of the eng is better than roto start gears and is not as tender 
Coxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 11:11am

im not too sure about these roto starts, my mate has a traxxas with one, and he hates it....hardly ever works and its just another thing for the battery to die in.

i like the drill bit cos u can still start it without taking the shell off. surely with that thundertiger, unless u have a huuuuge hole in the side of the car, its gonna be shell off every time?

blade954 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 12:03pm
The hole for the roto start would be the same as the e'start on the car, I had converted the e'start to accept the roto start shaft on my old fusion due to hex head stripping...Since then i have resorted back to the pull start due to the reason you stated I am/was sick of dragging a drill around now i all i do is hit it with the glow starter and pull if it stalls, Have the engine tuned right and it should fire second pull every time.
nitrohead5300 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 1:20pm
Blade, I like the ez-start system and the roto-start system as far as being convient but what I did not like was the fact that rotostart systems and pullstart system increase rotational mass on  the motor causing it to lose some rpms. On my outlaw I modified the chassis so it would accept a starterbox because I want to get every bit of performance out of my engine  as possible. This mod is based on a mod did by Filo. Looks good so far have not encountered any problems yet. The mod did require me to get a larger diameter flywheel  and find a starterbox that was the right size and had a starter wheel that had a large enough diameter to reach my flywheel. The proper starterbox turned out to be a Dynamite Torque Starter.

Edited by nitrohead5300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 4:57pm
 chassis modification                                                                                                                                                                                            

Edited by nitrohead5300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 4:59pm
 starterbox mod with pegs                                                                                                                                                                              

Edited by nitrohead5300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 5:01pm
   Top view with pegs                                                                                           

Edited by nitrohead5300

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 5:02pm
                              Last shot                                                                           

Edited by nitrohead5300
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 5:16pm
Nice work bro, what is the prototype chassis made from? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 5:24pm
Just fiberglass later to be updated to aluminum. You made it possible Kiwi7 , thanks!
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 5:30pm

Hey mate was does that red servo arm pivot on?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 5:33pm
A bushing from a Ofna shimm and bushing pack with a screw going thru it bolted to the chassis brace.
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 5:37pm
I am working on a project I may need you to show me in a close up picture sometime if that is ok? Have laid my servos down on R12.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrohead5300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 10:09pm
No problem.
kiwi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 10:13pm
Is that a new engine? 
pani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 10:31pm
that head looks very familiar. Rossi R21??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic