www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAVOC Tips/Tricks & useful info :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rctruckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAVOC Tips/Tricks & useful info :-)
    Posted: 08 December 2005 at 4:03am

Seems as no one has started one yet!

Please lets keep this /whine free so new commers or customers-to-be can have a pleasant read about the havoc before deciding weather to purchase :-)

Post away you lucky gits who already own one! :P

Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:18am

Here we go,the reason for drilling a two holes in the outside of the tyre is simple-centrifugal force-wich means that any water or damp will be exiting much easier and there for not trapped in side.Have a look at r/c buggy wheels etc.

I have done this to all my tyres(not rims) and foam has lasted much longer.Anyway i hope this tip is useful and let us see what is the next one!

Perhaps a pull start,just need a backplate and it accessories.

Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:35am

Just for interest,i use a hitech HS-645MG servo for steering(high speed metal geared)that is realy good and Acoms as-16 servo for brake and throttle.So for who has the artr version but do not know what type of servo to purchase,there is my choice.

To clean your truck.After a good play and it is caked with mud or whatever reason let it dry ,brush the excess mud ,dust etc down with firm bristle paint brush.Then spray some WD40 on to a second clean brush and start brushing all the plastics and and little metal arms exposed to to the open with it,just respray on the brush till finished.

For those who don't no how to wheather proof the electronics in side the battery compartment,use normal party ballons.Slowly work the receiver with all wires in tact into a balloon until it is deep enough to use plastic tie wrap totie end ofthe balloon and trim the excess,to the same to the battery holder or hump pack battery.

Use pieces of foam in side the compartment preventing the inside from moving around.

That is all for now.

Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:38am

The glowplug i use is a o.s 8 or enya nr 3 to 4.

Those who just got or waiting for the there new HAVOC's,loosen the bodypost sticks and push the bodyshell down as low as possible,it will help with less breakage on the posts,but remember a bad landing on the shell could still brake them.

At the front of the fuel tank facing the front wheels,unscrew that bolt and and slip a nut,about 5mm thick,between the tank and tank post and screw the bolt back on.You will maintain better fuel pressure in the the tank,even when you stop at tickover(idle) fuel be running back to the fuelpick-up point.

The wheels has no breather holes,so drill one hole opposite of each other with a 3 to 4mm drill bit through the tire.It will make tire 'breathe' as you do jumps and wont go 'flat' after loads of use and will help get rid of any water that may get in side.

If the engine is new and you may find it hard to start in the cold,use a haidryer and blow the engine with the hot air setting towards the crankshaft and glow plug button.Then try to restart.

I used to race mt trucks,so i hope these tips help and more will follow if people are willing to share there ideas.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:44am
Wouldnt the receiver sweat inside the balloon?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:59am
yes can happen ,but the balloons don't usually last that long  , so before you replace the baloon , sit it the sun for 15 ,30 min to dry things out .  or use a hair dryer.
Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:59am
That is a valid question and i will answer it for you.It is very little,so if you are unsure just make 1 or 2 little holes on the top where there is a bit of trapped air.To be honest i never had any probs with it .
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:17am
hey wizard it might pay to keep checking for moisture ,if you leave it unattended it can lead to corrosion in ya receiver
Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:21am
That is right,this is just for winter,so come summer it can be taken of,you do not want the electronics to swim......just replace the balloons if you feel like it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:49am
Thats the difference...... over here we have Summer conditions much of the year.
Havocmanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havocmanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:40am

Clutch Bell Bearing Problems.

Replace the two bearing and collett arrangement with four bearings.

RajV and I have both done this after trashing the stock set up on run in and seems to be working fine.

Rajvirdee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rajvirdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 12:04pm

Another excellent idea by Schumacher is that if you've been out in the mud, I take off the receiver box - all the electrics come out with just 4 screws, including the servos

Then its in the bath for a wash down - plug the carb opening and hold the car from the front bumper with the exhaust facing down and you wont det any water in the pipes. Dry with a hairdryer or the airing cupboard!

Easiest way to clean when its filthy if you ask me 

Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 12:06pm
Crazy man.....! But effective.Remember to relube!
GBDUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBDUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 12:19pm

Admin, can we make this sticky?

Thank You!

Edited by GBDUO
roareruk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roareruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:25pm
still dont agree with drilling your tyres .... it creates a weakspot and on rough ground they can tear .....  the tyres seem good enough without being drilled anyways ... as for waterproofing ... the best stuff i found is plasticote .... with servos put a little vasaline into where the screw goes to secure the servo arm and dip it a few times let it dry between dipping & the receiver put it in a ballon or small plastic bag then dip again let it dry between coats carefully cut round where your servo arm goes on and hey presto 100% waterproof ... even better its available in a choice of colours

this is a tryed and tested method used it and had radio gear 100% submersed and it stayed 100% dry
olev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 2:35pm
Drilling the tyres is something every offroad racer does. Mainly because it helps to get water out of the tyres (and it is the ONLY way to do that).
Close all holes in the wheels with tape or glue and drill 2-3 small holes in the tire (spreading the holes evenly). They don't have to be big, even 2mm will do. You can also use a hole punch, if the tyres are not glued on yet, this will make a nicer hole.
This will not weaken the tyre nowhere near enough to be torn apart. Sure you don't need this if you only ever run on dry track...
Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 3:59pm
Thanks olev,you just confirmed what us racers do,people should trust us,hopefully!
roareruk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roareruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 7:40pm
we will agree to dissagree 19 years in rc and 17 in cars ... ive never heard of this ... nor has the people i used to race 1/5th with ...... but in my personal opinion the havoc dosnt need this the tyres are soft but firm enough to help soak up any impact ....  i can see where your coming from thought with disspersing water ... dont think ill be taking a drill to my new tyres anyways 
rctruckz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rctruckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 5:35am

Most people ive come across when it comes to drilling holes in tires is theyve only done it *if* they use inserts, simple reason being is once water gets into these inserts it makes them alot heavier! :( so a good method of getting rid of the water is by drilling a small hole in the actual tire :-)

I will be honest ive never done it to any of my tires, but to what ive read on other boards (providing the hole isn't the size a 2 pence piece! :P ) it works great, but in saying this ive never used inserts :-)

Best bet is maybe wait until your current tires are worn down & your ready to buy a new pair, then test it out on your old pair & run through some wet etc & see how it works for you, for some it might be worth it, but to others it might not :-)

btw... ive decided to close this thread, because ya all making me want a HAVOC!!! ...j/kiddin, keep the tips comming guys been a nice read so far :-)

Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 1:25pm

The above mentioned tyre tip/hints is not forced on any body,so far i am the only one here that actually share info for those not so experienced.

I will share my last tip to the havoc thread and then see who can give the correct info.

The body post issue is a quick one.It is from trickbits and can be found in your lhs.The part nr is TB1001,you need to by two packs and the posts in there are a perfect fit.(1/10 scale).A few clips and bits are included.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic