www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAVOC Tips/Tricks & useful info :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 3:22pm

i think you are over filling the shocks for them not to compress. its the problem with the sh*te stock ones (no rubber nipple in them to allow for that extra bit of compression, and they are made upside down so there is no way of holding one of these inside it - the usual way is to clamp one in with a shock cap that screws on the top of it, where you fill the oil in normally). if your unsure of what im on about check out how other shocks go together and compare them and you will see what i mean. 

as far as i have seen and heard, Hyper 7 shocks go straight on. im not sure how long they are though?

Maddstylz69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 6:35pm
 Don't get me wrong when I say lack of power. The havoc has power but I keep reading how everyones doing wheelies. The only way my truck does wheelies is if I hit a small bump while atleast half throttle. I have read the manuel. I even did the shocks the way the manuel said. Oil filled to the threads.I think my shock prob will be fixed with the mugens or ofnas. The Shafts are bending on me or the end screws come out and thats the end of the sock after that. Understand when they say undistructable Heck I am putting it to my own test. I am bashing this truck hard with 18 foot high jump on regular 40 foot drop off cliffs. This truck truly ROCKS! But seriously The engine I have tuned by spec went back to stock settings tuned ETC. Etc. Etc. I'm using a 30% fuel now. And noticed a huge gain. Maybe if I go beyond my sweet spot to the lean side you say. But wouldn't that shorten the life of my engine.Hmmm No pun intended. I'm not a beginner but far from a pro and greatly respect the advice.
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 8:34pm
becarefulll with the 30% as it runs hotter also those guys doing wheelies have low speed gear not the high speed gear if you want to do wheelies then change your gear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 8:43pm
Yeah I figured as much on the gears. But even with the stock gears I could never get a willing. About to go back to them. I ran the high gears and they took too much low end away from me. Until on loose dirt that isBut what is the stage5 for the tt engine
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 10:36am
i dont know what your on about with the stage 5, unless your talking about massive mods stage 5 mod for nitro engines(google it), your bending towers because something is not setup right on your truck, ive done those jumps in my car and i usualy break rear turnbuckles so ive put bigger ones on now. wheeling ... as far as i know the truck doesnt do it unless your going flat strap, ive tryed loads of different fuel %, both gear sets, with and without restrictors, and locking the rear diff, and again no go for wheelies.
NilSatis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilSatis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 12:57pm

Mine wouldnt wheely at all with the stock tyres and rims on it and stock shocks. Once changed to mugen ones and 23mm wheels it seems to want to lift the front end more. But it wont wheely from a standing start anymore, the gearing just wont allow it with the average bottom end of the tt I reckon....mine started to wheely from a standing start a while ago shortly before the layshaft buggered....dont really understand why tbh, but i have had a brand new diff in mine and think i have it spot on tuning wise....now it will wheely when hitting a small rise in like 2-3 ft of a standing start but apart from that stays on 4 wheels until the mid range/top range kicks in then wheelys again if throttle is too far down. Those wheelys are a bitch to control lol and usually result in some mad cartwheels, think my record is about 16....

Altho power wheelys would be nice I think the tt suits the havoc pretty well, but am still gonna get something more powerful to put in there lol....once you have tuned ur top end, have you tuned ur low end? It seems to really help mine, but again could be crap model technics 25% im using... Putting in the low end just a little too much rockets the temp I find without much performance difference....but a little bit of playing with it just from already leaner than stock low end setting really livens mine up, if the top end is set just right. My tt pro has dont 2.5 gallons so far, and calling the guy I got it from I understand if Im to believe him (I didnt know this when i got it lol) has already had 1 gallon thru it  and still loads of power in mine and compression is still better than some of my newer engines! I have got to love that about the tt pro, and how easy it starts, but thats about it lol.  Ask Simon what happens when u put something bigger in lol it sounds fun, if a little expensive.  Hes got an axial .32 in his I think.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 6:14pm

Thanks for the Info, I was just making sure I didn't miss anything. Theres alot of people on here saying they can wheelie all day long you know. I just don't see it. As far as the higher % fuel It should run lower temps due to a lower flash point. Correct me If I'm wrong. But they say to use a colder plug as well with the higher % fuels. Guess it all depends on your Environment. I've gone through quite abit of shocks and yeah you might be right S. I've checked the specs multiple times and just don't see it. Just check it over again. Start from scratch. I will check out the Engine mod. Like I said not a pro. But have built a few never to the extreme. Still learning, which is what the blogs for right? As far as my tt.28 yeah your right about the compression same as new almost and more compression then newer engines I have. Sirus I will look that up, First I've heard of it and does it or would it really help

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 5:25am
oh bloody oath the massive mods one helps, if your really keen look at the scorpion mod, thats a monster, blade had it done to one of his engines and recon it blows the pants of alot of top notch motors, but i think he had it doen to a cmb engine he has in his fusion.
monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 2:48pm

Originally posted by Slammed Slammed wrote:

becarefulll with the 30% as it runs hotter also those guys doing wheelies have low speed gear not the high speed gear if you want to do wheelies then change your gear

i am told the higher the nitro content the cooler it runs. but i also see bottles of 35% on the shelf saying "extra cooling oil" which suggests to me this is how it could run cooler?  

can anyone shed any light on this for me?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:43am
   Hey Monkey and Sirus. I ended up getting a new steering servo, Unfortunately it was too big Airtronics 94357z. Was wondering if you could post some better pics of the mods you hooked up. Wish I could raise the motor the servor hits the slide throttle and on a dirt track kinda sucks for those slide through turns. Oh and yes the higher the percentage of fuel the cooler it runs. atleast in theory. temp gauge is broke so couldn't get fact yet. I alternate on 20 and 30 though and by touch it seems cooler. Does anyone know anything about tntmods in Florida? Finally got some new tires and wheels. the stocks are sucky. TY proline lol. but finally broke a rear hub carrier think that might be warrentied . Oh yeah Flips so gorgeous now

Edited by Maddstylz69
monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:35pm

Hey Maddstylze, check page 19 on this thred, it shows pics of what we both did, although i ended up using aluminium sheet rather than the black plastic as it snapped on a cartwheel

My latest DIY special is a 'ported' silencer.

i took the standard one, and cut the 2 pipes that go into it so they were as flush as i could get them with the inside face. this was roughly 5mm worth of pipe and the restrictor was a little less.

easy way to measure it out - whack the pipes in as far as you can get them, maybe use a pen/pencil to mark on them. then remove them (if you use pliars be careful as you may ruin the round shape making it hard to fit the restrictors back in). then get out your hacksaw and cut away. finish the edges off with a good file.

smack the pipes back in and make sure you didnt cut the pipes too short. if you did you could probably get away with some gungum or putty to fill the gap?

anyway, put it back together and go for a blast! the throttle response on mine was noticebly much better!!

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 10:54am
any of you guys get oil leaking out really bad of the estart and exhaust manifold?
necron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote necron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 6:34am
My Havoc leaks out of the exhaust header, but not out of the e-start.  I just cleaned up my truck and will be checking for leak locations when I run it next.  I'll post what I find.
Janne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 11:00am
Hi All,

I'm new to the R/C world and bought my first car last week witch is an Havoc, been having trouble adjusting the carb to function properly. No top speed run yet and the car just dies. Have tried fiddling with the settings and no luck, now I can't even get the damn thing to start! have to recharge the batteries of my drill and give it another try. When doing an high speed run the car starts to sound (not my native language so a little hard to explain) "Sputter?" a couple of times runs a sec and then just wan't to die. Tried to set to original setting but that caused that i can't get it running now. I live in Finland and the temp. now is 17C. running on 15% and standard plug.
Thankful for help!

BR
Janne
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 11:41am

Here try and watch this it will help alot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4uRt4HHFZM

Janne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 12:04pm
Slammed thank you for the tip! Well back at it and try to work the damn thing out ;)

Edit: The plug was not in good condition, getting new ones tomorrow.

Edited by Janne
necron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote necron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 12:32am

Sirius, I haven't found any leaks around the estart or exhaust manifold, although my differential housing is covered with oil from the pipe leaking (I hope).  I'd take a picture, but all the willow fuzz that was in the air is stuck to everything.  Makes my truck look like it's wearing a wool pullover.

Does anybody know of any shocks that can be substituted in place of the stock front shocks?  I have to order a bunch of parts, but I have to wait until I'm no longer homeless to do that.

Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 3:12am
Hey can you guys recomend a good glow plug Im in CT and I have tried many plugs but none of them run like the original one and nobody knows what it was
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 7:27am
i run os a5 or a8, i agree the origional plug ran pretty well, but i think its luck of the draw, some plugs run for ages and some dont.
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 11:18am

THANKS

Originally posted by sirus sirus wrote:

i run os a5 or a8, i agree the origional plug ran pretty well, but i think its luck of the draw, some plugs run for ages and some dont.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic