www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAVOC Tips/Tricks & useful info :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 3:27am

Anybody tell me of some better more heavy duty shocks that I could get. I don't feel like going to the hobby shop (90 miles)since it's so far away and the LHS is a traxxas dealer.BLAH. lol Anyhow Would be great help since I keep shattering the stock in the tubes. Sucks. Those wouldn't be under warrenty would they?

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 10:21am
ive done insain jumps in mine and havent done any shocks... something might be setup wrong. put some stronger springs on, make sure your spring chairs are still on.
Maddstylz69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 8:58pm

Yeah everytime I hit a jump. I do a slow drive by just to make sure it's all still straight. After going through everything lastnight I came up with the conclusion the screw ends of the shock shafts are comeing loose. I'll try locktite or something. But after the screw ends are loose It basically ruins the inner tube since everything move crooked inside. Oh-well no biggy. I'm gonna hit the better hobby shop next week see if I can fit some better shocks.

NilSatis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilSatis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:00am
I got mugen shocks on mine with white springs and 40 wt oil in em. They seem to soak up big landings nicely  
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:02am

HAHAH last jump I made 18 feet and only bent an axel LOL I love this truck !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M3tKAWgdmw

Edited by Slammed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 1:30am
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 2:19am
Nice vid but I hate it when they dub music into it I like to hear the car not music lol
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 1:48am

Can somebody tell me how to take the gear off of the clutch (the new one came with out one?)

I started to read the whole thread but after page 7 I gave up

LST2QIK4U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LST2QIK4U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 3:15am
hey simon how did u get the pipe to go on?????????????????????????
simonfb10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by LST2QIK4U LST2QIK4U wrote:

hey simon how did u get the pipe to go on?????????????????????????

Used a fusion manifold and then stuck on a ribbed hpi zorst.
It loud, very loud.
LST2QIK4U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LST2QIK4U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 6:26am
have ya got any pics mate hows the difference in bottom end an also does it effect the top end????
simonfb10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonfb10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 10:21pm
Loads of pics, can email.
I have the high speed gear on, if you use the standard gear all it does is wheel spin, if you use the hs gear, tuned zorst and axial lump you will be blown away with it
LST2QIK4U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LST2QIK4U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:58am
mate fire away thanks heaps for tha pics
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 1:18am

can you take a video of it ? I would love to hear the pipe on the car

then you can post it at www.youtube.com

LST2QIK4U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LST2QIK4U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:40am
thanks mate now i gotta chase me up a fusion header pipe that looks sic
sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 11:25am
hey mate can you email some pics of that pipe to sirus17@gmail.com also do you have the stock thundertiger on there? and how much is that other pipe you put on?
LST2QIK4U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LST2QIK4U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 1:39am
fellas any1 know where i can get a cheap fusion header????i cant find em anywhere,thats tha problem theres no good schumacher dealers in Australia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddstylz69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 4:15am

Just out of curiousity, what is a stage5 kit. Where do I get it if it helps? Does anyone know if the Ofna hyper7 shocks match up with the havoc. I'm getting tired of busting the stocks out I've gone through 3 complete sets now. I don't really trust myself on building the mugen ones. I tried rebuilding the stocks but when done with them they just wouldn't compress. OPPS. Guess I goofed. I love my havoc but where's all this power I keep hearing about? Do I have to get a Novarossi engine or what? As far as customer service from the Tampa, Fl. office props to ya's and thanks for all the help.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 8:17am
try reading your manual mate, youve got something setup wronge to be going through that many shocks, if you havent got the power you want try tuning it right or running a higher nitro %. i'll asume you havent tuned it right if you cant rebuild a shock or find the cause of why your going through so many.
Slammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2007 at 12:28pm
Yeah man mine has loads of power even with the exhaust restrictors I think it has more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 25>
  Share Topic