www.racing-cars.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Nitro > Nitro Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAVOC Tips/Tricks & useful info :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 2:31am

Quite a few guys running monsters are using filament strapping tape to belt thier tires to prevent balooning at speed.  You cant do this to a new truck but you can when you get the purple 23mm hex adapters and some 40 series pro-line rims and tires

Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 6:51am
Thats right,as far as i know people do it it with the inserts for better handling.
Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 7:20pm

For those who,like me,already bent a rear turnbuckle and cannot find a spare one yet, use the revo set nr5538.It is the perfect lenght and stronger.Use the originale ball caps as the revo one's are different.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 12:20pm

the drilling the tyres, i dont think its the tyres your suppos to drill, i believe its the rims your suppos to drill, i heard it off a world class driver, that he drilled the rims not the tyres, drilling the tyres would create a tear in a second when ur accelling.

hey admin, in the nitro touring section theres a post called hints and tips, can we make that one sticky as well? we have asked heaps but no reply =P

olev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by sirus sirus wrote:

the drilling the tyres, i dont think its the tyres your suppos to drill, i believe its the rims your suppos to drill, i heard it off a world class driver, that he drilled the rims not the tyres, drilling the tyres would create a tear in a second when ur accelling.

Onroad: drill the wheels.
Onroad wet tyres: drill the tyres.
Offroad: drill the tyres.

Bottom line: if there's any chance of getting water in the tyres, drill the tyres. Otherwise, the wheels. Opinions may vary
roareruk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roareruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 9:45pm
if anyone is expexting the havoc to be along the lines of a savage ... dont because they aint ... took it out yesterday on really rough ground and it didnt hack it ....

the bodyposts leave a lot to be desired i broke 3 with 2 light rolls .. everything else seems to be holding up

it does handle like a dream off jumps you can get the arse end out with ease ... but its just not up to the rough stuff ... im talking really rough like a freshly ploughed field ... well it was a freshly graded building site ... but they graded it with a 15tonne digger and a 6ft ditching bucket
Rajvirdee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rajvirdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 10:38pm
I agree with that.

For Grass, muddy fields, bmx tracks, etc its awesome.

AdrianM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by roareruk roareruk wrote:

if anyone is expexting the havoc to be along the lines of a savage ... dont because they aint ... took it out yesterday on really rough ground and it didnt hack it ....

the bodyposts leave a lot to be desired i broke 3 with 2 light rolls .. everything else seems to be holding up

it does handle like a dream off jumps you can get the arse end out with ease ... but its just not up to the rough stuff ... im talking really rough like a freshly ploughed field ... well it was a freshly graded building site ... but they graded it with a 15tonne digger and a 6ft ditching bucket

This was expected.  We chose to put stiffer springs on the Havoc out of the box so it would handle sharper and jump better.  If you look in your manual you will find softer springs are a "Speed Secret" option part. If you put these on and drop the oil weight 20wt softer front and rear it will wallow around and run over the rough stuff just like other monster trucks. 

We choose stiffer springs for the kit because dealers reported many monster truck buyers come in for stiffer springs shortly after buying the truck.  This and the stiffer springs fit the truck intended purpose better than softer springs.  Once again Schumacher likes to be different

The body posts on the first batch of kits were CA'd in place to prevent slippage.  We have found that this can cause them to snap...especially if it is cold.  The next run will just use the setscrew.  In a tumble they will slide and not break.

roareruk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roareruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 12:01am
so will all us people that have thrown out hard earned cash into these expect to receive new updated body posts foc ????  seeing as a problem has been identified

i wouldnt go for softer springs personally .. as the chassis will suffer from bottoming out on big jumps ... and at 60 a pop

i like it anyways ... and did i say the exhaust note is insane ... still have to lean it out a little more
AdrianM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 4:01am

We do not warranty crash damage even if it was just "2 light rolls".  Get a U2154 and you are back in business.

sirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 7:04am
lol then do you warranty worn out estart bolts? cos id need a steady supply of them coming in lol
Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 5:41pm

The body post issue is a quick one.It is from trickbits and can be found in your lhs.The part nr is TB1001,you need to by two packs and the posts in there are a perfect fit.(1/10 scale).A few clips and bits are included.

Thanks Adrian for your advise.Shumacher has taken note of this and i am sure they will upgrade the body posts to stronger/better ones.

Rajvirdee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rajvirdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 7:02pm
If you have stronger pody posts, then you run the risk of
damage to other components like shock towers, diffs etc.

I have bashed hard and after about 20 tanks of fuel have
replaced 3 of the 4 - not bad. I'd rather replace these in 5 mins,
then other, perhaps bigger components.

NB a car is designed to run with the wheels on the ground - not
the roof. We have to expect some responsibilty if we are gonna
bash these. Just like other trucks.

Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 7:59pm
Let me refrase-slight longer lasting plastic that is a bit more durable-the ones i use from trickbits does the job very well because it has more flex etc.
Rajvirdee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rajvirdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 9:09pm
see what you mean there and have to agree on that aspect
roareruk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roareruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by AdrianM AdrianM wrote:

Originally posted by roareruk roareruk wrote:

This was expected.  We chose to put stiffer springs on the Havoc out of the box so it would handle sharper and jump better.  If you look in your manual you will find softer springs are a "Speed Secret" option part. If you put these on and drop the oil weight 20wt softer front and rear it will wallow around and run over the rough stuff just like other monster trucks. 

We choose stiffer springs for the kit because dealers reported many monster truck buyers come in for stiffer springs shortly after buying the truck.  This and the stiffer springs fit the truck intended purpose better than softer springs.  Once again Schumacher likes to be different

The body posts on the first batch of kits were CA'd in place to prevent slippage.  We have found that this can cause them to snap...especially if it is cold.  The next run will just use the setscrew.  In a tumble they will slide and not break.

i said they where light rolls because thats exactly what they where ... no faster than 10mph on soft ground ...

in your own words you said you had found they snap because they have been CA'd in .. the next run will just use a setscrew ... in a tumble they will slide and not break ....

use the same body posts and setscrew or not they will still snap

they are weak change your supplier or material they are being made from ...  constructive criticism take note ...

about the clutch bearings ... collapsing .. mines still fine only ran 3 tanks in total through it though

is it me or do i have issues with bearings in every schumacher car i own or have ever owned .. AND FOR THE RECORD I CLEAN THEM AND LUBE AFTER EVERY RUN ... thats bare chassis strip every time

.... constructive criticism  take note ....

i change them out for much better bearings in my opinion at a cost of 76p each

change bearings ... suppliers materials what ever ..... cheaper than having shed loads of bearings because people have started to buy them elsewhere .....

rather than making a "joke" light hearted or not about peoples posts on this forum ... take note and do something about it

rant over i do like schumacher products btw every rc has its downfalls

Edited by roareruk
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2005 at 10:55pm

schumacher could try bearings from

http://www.bocabearings.com/

http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc   

It would be nice to see better quality bearings used straight up !

yes they would be a little more $$$$ but the results speak for them self,    they dont fall apart !

AdrianM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2005 at 11:00pm
The Havoc and Mi2 EC have diffrent bearings (from a new supplier) in them.  Let see how they work out.
AdrianM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2005 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by smileysmiff smileysmiff wrote:

schumacher could try bearings from

http://www.bocabearings.com/

http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc   

It would be nice to see better quality bearings used straight up !

yes they would be a little more $$$$ but the results speak for them self,    they dont fall apart !

We buy bearings from bearing factories not bearing resellers. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2005 at 11:53pm

both can supply stainless steel with ceramic inners !  they have to get them from somewhere !

maybe you guys could try getting them from your bearing factories !

but then there would be no more bearing problems , I thought that would be a good thing , but I could be wrong, AGAIN  ,but if I'm wrong I'm bloody lucky because I'm not having bearing problems any more !     no more melting plastic parts because of a departing hot bearing ,no more chucking off your clutch bell because of bearing failure ,no more wheels locking up because of bearing failure , In general I get to use my car MORE ,I thought thats what there for,  to use  ?

I must be messed up   I'm sorry

ceramic all the way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic